ADVERTISEMENT

Boris Johnson moved into ICU....

Johnson very much idolizes Churchill. Churchill was crazy too. it took the King early in WW2, and Ike later in the war, a lot of effort to stop Churchill from going to the front lines.

Honestly, my opinion of BoJo is that he is just a posh buffoon. Speaks infinitely better than Trump but that's about it. He had lied through his teeth during the Brexit campaign.

Like Trump in the early days, he was considered a more cuddly buffoon, not one to take seriously. (Less malicious than Trump.) Good for a laugh.

Reactions: cosmickid
Another Conway quote: Behind the scenes career health officials have raised even stronger warnings about the risk hydroxychlorquine poses to some Americans’ heart health and other complications , but been warned not to publicly speak out and potentially contradict Trump, said two officials.

Reactions: cosmickid
In times of crisis humans have always looked for some divine intervention..... and many believe it's right around the next corner.

That's the only reasonable explanation for people putting all these hopes in old drugs to actually help to cure a novel virus.

It's basically the 'thoughts and prayers' in practice. All the same people with the same empty hope.

Reality is we will live with this virus for a long while, and our "normal" isn't coming back for a long time.

I mean, this is a real doctor seeing some real results for certain patients.

https://abc7news.com/coronavirus-drug-covid-19-malaria-hydroxychloroquine/6079864/

"We have to be cautious and mindful that we don't prescribe it for patients who have COVID who are well," Cardillo said. "It should be reserved for people who are really sick, in the hospital or at home very sick, who need that medication. Otherwise we're going to blow through our supply for patients that take it regularly for other disease processes."

Reactions: 76-1 and 82hoosier
I mean, this is a real doctor seeing some real results for certain patients.

https://abc7news.com/coronavirus-drug-covid-19-malaria-hydroxychloroquine/6079864/

"We have to be cautious and mindful that we don't prescribe it for patients who have COVID who are well," Cardillo said. "It should be reserved for people who are really sick, in the hospital or at home very sick, who need that medication. Otherwise we're going to blow through our supply for patients that take it regularly for other disease processes."
Except the Chinese data shows it doesn’t work for those that are really sick.

Another Conway quote: Behind the scenes career health officials have raised even stronger warnings about the risk hydroxychlorquine poses to some Americans’ heart health and other complications , but been warned not to publicly speak out and potentially contradict Trump, said two officials.
You act like hydroxychloroquine needs FDA approval. It is already on the market.
Can everyone take it? No
But that is the same answer for Tylenol.

Reactions: 76-1

Imagine being the medical team responsible for the well being of the prime minister of a nation, and then having medical advice forced on you by Donald Trump, based on the ideas of Dr. Oz and Rudy fecking Giuliani.

Poor Boris basically being used as a bleached guinea pig.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Will send his own personal physician...
EVA1qwhX0AIXY4L

"Mr. Trump first expressed interest in hydroxychloroquine a few weeks ago, telling associates that Mr. Ellison, a billionaire and a founder of Oracle, had discussed it with him. At the time, Dr. Mehmet Oz, the host of television’s “The Doctor Oz Show,” was in touch with Mr. Trump’s advisers about expediting approval to use the drug for the coronavirus.

Mr. Giuliani has urged Mr. Trump to embrace the drug, based in part on the advice of Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, a self-described simple country doctor who has become a hit on conservative media after administering a cocktail of hydroxychloroquine, the antibiotic azithromycin and zinc sulfate."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html

3vuhcx.jpg

Last edited:

Imagine being the medical team responsible for the well being of the prime minister of a nation, and then having medical advice forced on you by Donald Trump, based on the ideas of Dr. Oz and Rudy fecking Giuliani.

Poor Boris basically being used as a bleached guinea pig.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Will send his own personal physician...
EVA1qwhX0AIXY4L

"Mr. Trump first expressed interest in hydroxychloroquine a few weeks ago, telling associates that Mr. Ellison, a billionaire and a founder of Oracle, had discussed it with him. At the time, Dr. Mehmet Oz, the host of television’s “The Doctor Oz Show,” was in touch with Mr. Trump’s advisers about expediting approval to use the drug for the coronavirus.

Mr. Giuliani has urged Mr. Trump to embrace the drug, based in part on the advice of Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, a self-described simple country doctor who has become a hit on conservative media after administering a cocktail of hydroxychloroquine, the antibiotic azithromycin and zinc sulfate."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html

3vuhcx.jpg

Maybe something was lost in translation. Perhaps Trump was offering to help Boris Johnson with his hair.

Nail on head.

Its an opportunity to look at values and why some frontline fighters are the least appreciated and yet the most exposed.

BoJo had proposed NHS job cuts and pay freezes a couple of years ago. So it's ironic that these very same people are helping him stay alive despite his previous intentions.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners

Nail on head.

Its an opportunity to look at values and why some frontline fighters are the least appreciated and yet the most exposed.

BoJo had proposed NHS job cuts and pay freezes a couple of years ago. So it's ironic that these very same people are helping him stay alive despite his previous intentions.

what she said in lowrider's post, and his comment as well.

Reactions: sglowrider
African Americans are 60% of the New Orleans population. Even higher across the state. What’s the point?

Journalism is a complete abomination right now.
Clarification like is directed at last sentence, not that it was at a high bar but if current events were not so serious I could laugh about it. It is not alone either.

You’re right about big LA - my google search preview was misformatted. But it still holds that NOLA is 60% African American.

I’m pretty sure if I pulled the thread we’d find that the overwhelming amount of COVID-19 deaths are in and around NOLA.

there are a lot of factors that strike against African-Americans with this, They tend to live in urban areas in higher percentages than whites where density helps spread the disease. They have a higher incidence of asthma and other conditions made worse. I have seen that exposure to air pollution looks to have a negative impact, cities have more air pollution than rural areas. Blacks are less likely to have health insurance than whites. So 60% of NOLA is black, 70% of the cases are black. So even if only NOLA was impacted, we have a slight skew to begin with. A lot of factors make it harder for blacks than whites (overall, individuals of course vary wildly).

there are a lot of factors that strike against African-Americans with this, They tend to live in urban areas in higher percentages than whites where density helps spread the disease. They have a higher incidence of asthma and other conditions made worse. I have seen that exposure to air pollution looks to have a negative impact, cities have more air pollution than rural areas. Blacks are less likely to have health insurance than whites. So 60% of NOLA is black, 70% of the cases are black. So even if only NOLA was impacted, we have a slight skew to begin with. A lot of factors make it harder for blacks than whites (overall, individuals of course vary wildly).

Obesity and smoking can be game changers for the coronavirus. And there are a lot of really big people in New Orleans. Not surprisingly there is a Popeyes on every corner. Lots of sugar, lots of fats, lots of simple carbohydrates. Everything is fried. But it’s all relatively cheap so it sells.

Isn't he immune form Covid-19 according to Trump?

There have been cases of re-infections out there -- and considering that C-19 is still in its infancy, its tough to tell.

But my best guess is that I would imagine Boris would be immune if exposed a second time - he had a serious case the first time and likely has immunity.

Trump, on the other hand possibly could get it again as it is possible the monoclonal antibodies he received tackled the virus before he had a chance to mount an effective immune response.

But that’s me speculating anyway.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT