ADVERTISEMENT

Boris Johnson moved into ICU....

Per The Guardian, he was moved on advice of doctors "in case he needs ventilation."
At first he was moved to the hospital just as a precaution. Now he is in ICU, just in case he needs ventilation.

This can't be seen as anything other than concerning about his condition which they are never going to be open and honest about. All my UK colleagues have been saying they wouldn't be doing this unless he is a lot worse off than the public is being let on.

And that was before they knew he was going to the ICU.

He's right on track for that typical day 9 or 10 downturn where everything suddenly goes to shit with some patients. He's probably on a ventilator.

At first he was moved to the hospital just as a precaution. Now he is in ICU, just in case he needs ventilation.

This can't be seen as anything other than concerning about his condition which they are never going to be open and honest about. All my UK colleagues have been saying they wouldn't be doing this unless he is a lot worse off than the public is being let on.

Agreed, nobody wants to be in an ICU right now, especially a COVID-treating ICU. If he's there it's because he's actively needing the support the ICU can provide.

Yeah I can't imagine they would waste an ICU bed on him unless he needed it.

Hey chief remember when you said I lacked empathy? You’re showing your ass and it stinks.
Boris Johnson’s efforts were misguided. His getting the virus is directly related to England’s lack of social distancing during a few key weeks, which he orchestrated. And I said it was unfortunate.

It's quite incredible and also scary that in the space of about 3 weeks, Boris has gone from bragging about shaking hands with patients to being in intensive care!!

Apparently Trump also called. ''I have asked two of the leading companies - these are brilliant companies, they have come up with solutions and just have done incredible jobs - I have asked them to contact to London immediately. They speak a language that most people do not even understand - but I understand something that they have really advanced there, therapeutically, and that they have arrived in London already.''

Hopefully, he didn't give Boris' doctors advice and push hydroxychloroquine... since Boris ''may have nothing to lose'' anyway.

Some context on ''Trump’s claim he is working with the FDA and companies are ready to assist London'':

In the week beginning 30 March, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) provided hydroxychloroquine with an “emergency use authorisation” to use on coronavirus patients in some circumstances. State officials in New York have said that about 4,000 seriously ill patients are now being treated with the drug.

But critics point out a side effect is heart stoppage, meaning the drug is potentially deadly. Some medical experts have called for the drug to be used to treat the virus but others have cautioned its need for more trials and controlled testing to avoid worsening the pandemic.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I may not be a doctor but I gut feeling that 'heart stoppage' may be bad for health?

Last edited:
Apparently Trump called. Hopefully, he didn't give Boris' doctors advice and push hydroxychloroquine... since Boris ''may have nothing to lose'' anyway.

It's quite incredible and also scary that in the space of about 3 weeks, Boris has gone from bragging about shaking hands with patients to being in intensive care

say you have a loved one in the ICU with the virus who is going downhill, and doc asks you if you would like to try chloroquine on them.

who says no??

It's quite incredible and also scary that in the space of about 3 weeks, Boris has gone from bragging about shaking hands with patients to being in intensive care!!

Apparently Trump also called. ''I have asked two of the leading companies - these are brilliant companies, they have come up with solutions and just have done incredible jobs - I have asked them to contact to London immediately.''

Hopefully, he didn't give Boris' doctors advice and push hydroxychloroquine... since Boris ''may have nothing to lose'' anyway.

Some context on ''Trump’s claim he is working with the FDA and companies are ready to assist London'':

In the week beginning 30 March, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) provided hydroxychloroquine with an “emergency use authorisation” to use on coronavirus patients in some circumstances. State officials in New York have said that about 4,000 seriously ill patients are now being treated with the drug.

But critics point out a side effect is heart stoppage, meaning the drug is potentially deadly. Some medical experts have called for the drug to be used to treat the virus but others have cautioned its need for more trials and controlled testing to avoid worsening the pandemic.

I may not be a doctor but I gut feeling that 'heart stoppage' may be bad for health?

India believes that the drug has some real potential. They have banned its export and now the United States is missing 47% of its supply

Boris Johnson’s efforts were misguided. His getting the virus is directly related to England’s lack of social distancing during a few key weeks, which he orchestrated. And I said it was unfortunate.
You know just by looking at the guy he has underlying stuff too. Hopefully he pulls through.

nothing to lose rite?

lot to be said for nothing to lose.

not sure what all the push back from CNN and MSNBC is about. (though it is already generic, so there's that).

thought i read that it triggers the body creating antibodies, thus the earlier you use it, the better the results.

is the whole key to your body fighting this not creating the antibodies before the virus has taken over your body to the point the antibodies are too late?

lot to be said for nothing to lose.

not sure what all the push back from CNN and MSNBC is about. (though it is already generic, so there's that).

thought i read that it triggers the body creating antibodies, thus the earlier you use it, the better the results.

is the whole key to your body fighting this not creating the antibodies before the virus has taken over your body to the point the antibodies are too late?

I had assumed that the body's reaction to an antigen is to produce antibodies to bind onto the virus before it harms the body. Why it takes several days (like 5-7 days in the case of Covid-19) before antibodies are produced I don't know.

They're claiming this has anti-viral properties. Nothing to do with triggering antibodies. That's what vaccines do.

say you have a loved one in the ICU with the virus who is going downhill, and doc asks you if you would like to try chloroquine on them.

who says no??

Anyway, Chloroquine is used for malaria. Hydroxychloroquine is different. Used for immunosuppression in rheumatoid arthritis, lupus etc. Both drugs being used to treat COVID.

I thought you only get 'vision impairment' with one particular 'me-time' activity? Who knew?

Reactions: mainway_toys

Yeah, hydroxychloroquine is bad for anyone that has arrhythmia, including myself. If I catch the virus, that med won't be an option for me. It would probably kill me.

Yeah, hydroxychloroquine is bad for anyone that has arrhythmia, including myself. If I catch the virus, that med won't be an option for me. It would probably kill me.
I'm thinking that shit only works for Trumpsters anyway.

There is pressure to find a quick solution but there shouldn't be political pressure to rush it or in some cases, with unproven solutions.

Let physicians and scientists be scientists and physicians -- let them be methodical and careful in their approach.

With every virus outbreak, the most critical objective is to 'buy time' -- through containment strategy, political leadership etc till a solution is found, whether it be a vaccine or various anti-viral treatments.

Which is why "take it" is bad advice. There are people with undiagnosed heart conditions where the cure may be worse than the disease.

Now it seems the odds of living if one goes onto a ventilator drop to 50% or less. Then might be the time. But why are people stockpiling drugs for that, at that point it is all up to the hospital/doctor.

Eh? The heart stoppages part didn't get anyone's attention?

have you never read any warning label on any pharmaceutical??

that said, of course someone with the wrong heart issues wouldn't be the best candidate, but not everyone has said issues, yet Comcast and AT&T seem to pushing back hard on anyone trying it. (and Comcast and AT&T push drugs all day everyday that have warning labels that would scare anyone off).

that said, the plane is on fire, the tail is gone, there's one parachute left, but it's never been tested at that altitude, and a small percent of jumpers have died using that chute.

doesn't seem like a tough choice to me.

Reactions: 76-1

that said, of course someone with the wrong heart issues wouldn't be the best candidate, but not everyone has said issues, yet Comcast and AT&T seem to pushing back hard on anyone trying it. (and Comcast and AT&T push drugs all day everyday that have warning labels that would scare anyone off).

that said, the plane is on fire, the tail is gone, there's one parachute left, but it's never been tested at that altitude, and a small percent of jumpers have died using that chute.

I was gambling in Havana

I took a little risk

send lawyers, guns, and money

Dad get me out of this

It would be unfortunate if he dies, but he would have died as a martyr for his own herd immunity policy.

I don’t disagree with you. I think a large part of the pushback is that Trump has mixed his messages. And it comes out as take this drug and let’s fill the stadiums. Let’s all go to Sunday mass on Easter. We’ve got to get back to work.

The epidemiologist respond by saying hold on. We need to do studies. We need to keep social distancing…

I don’t disagree with you. I think a large part of the pushback is that Trump has mixed his messages. And it comes out as take this drug and let’s fill the stadiums. Let’s all go to Sunday mass on Easter. We’ve got to get back to work.

The epidemiologist respond by saying hold on. We need to do studies. We need to keep social distancing…

Trump is a total disaster, but this isn't about Trump.

In times of crisis humans have always looked for some divine intervention..... and many believe it's right around the next corner.

That's the only reasonable explanation for people putting all these hopes in old drugs to actually help to cure a novel virus.

It's basically the 'thoughts and prayers' in practice. All the same people with the same empty hope.

Reality is we will live with this virus for a long while, and our "normal" isn't coming back for a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT