ADVERTISEMENT

Bill introduced in Congress to ban hedge funds from buying single family homes.

Absolutely. Both are harming America.

The question is what can be done about it?
What do you mean?

Is there a law that says you can’t pass a law to stop it from happening?

I know who I’m betting on as far as who will support or oppose this legislation.

What do you mean?

Is there a law that says you can’t pass a law to stop it from happening?

I know who I’m betting on as far as who will support or oppose this legislation.
They shouldn’t pass a law. Nothing is stopping states or local municipalities from passing laws. The housing addition I live in passed an ordinance that limits rentals. We didn’t need the federal government and the federal government shouldn’t be making that decision for us.

Last edited:
They shouldn’t pass a law. Nothing is stopping states or local municipalities from passing laws. The housing edition I live in passed an ordinance that limits rentals. We didn’t need the federal government and the federal government shouldn’t be making that decision for us.
So you have an HOA? I have heard and seen so many HOA horror stories. Eventually someone ran against our dictator, but usually people do not want the job. And the people that do are the absolute last people who should have it.

So you have an HOA? I have heard and seen so many HOA horror stories. Eventually someone ran against our dictator, but usually people do not want the job. And the people that do are the absolute last people who should have it.
Yes, and I can’t disagree with any of your assumptions. My HOA hasn’t been that bad, knock on wood. I voted for the changes making it more difficult for larger companies to buy homes for rental purposes. It wasn’t an issue until they pumped all the free cheese into the economy in 20 and 21.

Seems like this is something that is long overdue.

In terms of being long overdue I agree.

This doesn't however mean it is good for the country as a whole as in affordable housing for the middle class and below.

The problem of course being the conflict of passing laws in a free country to prevent the inevitable in face of the consequence of many Americans no longer having the dream of home ownership.

Tough call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT