ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest complaint with CMW

IND22

All-American
Jun 9, 2003
It's almost like Kopp and Stewart were guaranteed to start and play. I don't get it with Geronimo and Galloway
On the bench
Hope they can go somewhere with the transfer mode

It's almost like Kopp and Stewart were guaranteed to start and play. I don't get it with Geronimo and Galloway
On the bench

Galloway had started the last 3 or 4 games before his injury and hasn't been anywhere near 100% since coming back. He made some nice hustle plays against Mich and Illinois, but still seemed a step slow and didn't really provide much the last 3 games.

Also, Geronimo is a 4 and has struggled on defense against players at the 3 spot this year. And you would negate most of his impact on offense if you pull him out of the post while Race and TJD are also on the floor.

JG was in foul trouble and out of position on defense. Galloway couldn’t guard Johnson. Not sure the complaint.

IU's best lineup of the year has been a 3 guard lineup with X, Phin, Galloway, along with Race and TJD.

Even when Phin was mostly healthy (still isn't from his fasciitis), it made sense to bring him off the bench to initially stagger his minutes with X to prevent 1 or both from getting in foul trouble and not having a better PG backup behind them (Lander also not healthy most of the year), and especially important since X seemed prone to picking up ticky tack fouls.

If we could redo the season while staying healthy and having a better 3 string PG option, I think the starting lineup would have been X, Phin, Galloway, Race, and TJD with Geronimo being the 6th man

Reactions: CriticArisen
On the bench
Biggest complaint is the NBA 2nd team substitution plan.

Kopp & Stewart were bad, but he didn't have much in the way of alternatives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT