ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich Just Said

iubhounds

All-American
Feb 15, 2002
On his radio show a few minutes ago "that IU team the last 10 minutes of the OSU game can beat Purdue. They made OSU uncomfortable on their offense and they also felt comfortable on the offense they were playing." Predicts will "play their sack off", "will lead at halftime". He feels Galloway must be the leader and Leal needs to start and shot at least 5 threes the first half and 10 or more for the game. Cupps comes off the bench.

Reactions: aajohn2000
On his radio show a few minutes ago "that IU team the last 10 minutes of the OSU game can beat Purdue. They made OSU uncomfortable on their offense and they also felt comfortable on the offense they were playing." Predicts will "play their sack off", "will lead at halftime". He feels Galloway must be the leader and Leal needs to start and shot at least 5 threes the first half and 10 or more for the game. Cupps comes off the bench.
Trying to recapture those IU fans. On paper IU has more talent. 3 five stars is a lot. I don't think they have played as a team. I certainly don't think they play as hard.
It's a rivalry so anything can happen. Looking forward to the game. May the better team win.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Who gives a flying F.... Listen, Dakich is worthless. If you want to waste your time listening to him, by all means, do that. But don't waste internet space conveying anything he says because I can get better information on IU sports from a Purdue forum than I can from that tool.

Going to be a hornets nest of purple rage. That metal roof will make it damned loud.

When you have to go to Purdue and not IU, it’s frustrating, missing out on all the fun and all. They’ll be ready in their little round arena, hand motioning and following their cheer sheet all night.

Reactions: indiana ed
Possible? Yes. Probable? No.

This team would need to come together and play 40 minutes of solid, smart basketball (no F1s, limit turnovers), and display an inside- outside game. Thats asking a lot considering what we’ve witnessed all season.

Reactions: Al Bino
I think the last 10 minutes of OSU, IU team, can beat just about anyone. We saw long stretches of that team against Kansas, and almost beat them. Unfortunately, we haven't seen that team much at all for long stretches in ANY other games. Its why we didn't blow any of the cupcakes out. Its why we've had multiple double digit losses.

40 minutes of last 10 minutes OSU...we probably beat Purdue. 30 minutes, good game. Anything less than that, and they'll beat us, probably badly. If its our typical 10-20 minutes of good ball, then they'll beat us by 20+.

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
Who gives a flying F.... Listen, Dakich is worthless. If you want to waste your time listening to him, by all means, do that. But don't waste internet space conveying anything he says because I can get better information on IU sports from a Purdue forum than I can from that tool.
F*** off dickweed. I'll do what I want during my day. I don't waste my time on anything purdue ..forums websites, bars.... NOTHING ... so enjoy yourself

I think the last 10 minutes of OSU, IU team, can beat just about anyone. We saw long stretches of that team against Kansas, and almost beat them. Unfortunately, we haven't seen that team much at all for long stretches in ANY other games. Its why we didn't blow any of the cupcakes out. Its why we've had multiple double digit losses.

40 minutes of last 10 minutes OSU...we probably beat Purdue. 30 minutes, good game. Anything less than that, and they'll beat us, probably badly. If its our typical 10-20 minutes of good ball, then they'll beat us by 20+.
What we saw against OSU is that 10 minutes of great basketball that we see twice every year. It makes everyone think IU might just be turning the corner. Figuring out how hard they need to play and how focused they need to be to win games consistently.

I don't think that's what's happening. IU will get throttled at Purdue.

3 five stars is a lot.
That's their HS ranking based on play in HS. HS is over.

I think the team that has the impending two time player of the year has more talent... unless you think Edey is still a 3 star and is talentless.

Right now IU has no AA, maybe 2 AC... Purdue has a PoY who is first team AA and at least another AC, possibly a 2nd or 3rd..

Talent edge obviously goes to the Black and Urine..

I think the team that has the impending two time player of the year has more talent... unless you think Edey is still a 3 star and is talentless.

Right now IU has no AA, maybe 2 AC... Purdue has a PoY who is first team AA and at least another AC, possibly a 2nd or 3rd..

Edey was a 3 star from IMG and wasn't pursued by any of the 'blue bloods'.
Lander was a 5. Bates.....Hanner (dropped from 5 to high 4). Olidipo a 3 star.
Chasing the stars can be fools' gold pursuit. We on this board tend to get too caught up in star pursuit. I hate PU but CMP has 'system' players who aren't chasing stats. I think they have committed to chasing that first banner this year and shut us all up once and for all, and this year is the best chance they've had since Big Dog's last yr. (different story if Hummel's knee hadn't blown up)

Gotta give Edey credit, he's not the player he was a couple yrs back. The big kid has really worked to develop. Has an incredibly soft touch on a jump baby hook that is absolutely impossible to defend once he receives the ball. And shoots FTs surprising well (most games, the NW game was bad) for a kid with hands the size of catchers' mitts.

I just hope we put up a respectful fight tomorrow. Otherwise it will get ugly. early interior foul trouble from us will mean a fast end to the game. Edey could go for 40/20 if that happens.

Ha, we aren’t gonna be leading at halftime. Ohio State is awful, Purdue is 100x better. Saturday night game vs a top ranked rival — Katie bar the door.
Yeah, Purdue is basically the anti-IU. They may not have their A game, but they play hard and smart for an entire game, most games. Don't see us going in there and beating them. Contending for a half is about as much as I can convince myself of.

On the road in Mackey..I have my doubts ..
We had two last yr that are now in the association..
One who went off...
Hopefully it stays competitive...

Yeah, Purdue is basically the anti-IU. They may not have their A game, but they play hard and smart for an entire game, most games. Don't see us going in there and beating them. Contending for a half is about as much as I can convince myself of.
Yea, I think we have maybe 10 minutes in us — like vs OSU lol. Even worse we have been capitulating vs good teams this year. We may quit like vs PSU.

F*** off dickweed. I'll do what I want during my day. I don't waste my time on anything purdue ..forums websites, bars.... NOTHING ... so enjoy yourself
LOL! No but you suckle upon the teet of a known traitor and imbecile. So take the BS he spouts and shove it where sun don't shine becaue 90% of the IU fanbase gives no care to ANYTHING that douche says. Does THAT make sense?

Reactions: Thcgh
I’m literally triggered when someone posts something about Dakich!
Color me not surprised. You get triggered by the littlest things....such as someone posting something negative about your BF.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
This game has let down all over it. I have a feeling Ware probably is hurt and plays like it Saturday. We lost by 21 at home I say Purdue 85 Indiana 60.

I want to hear what he said. If I didn’t, I would just NOT read the post.

Reactions: IU FAN IN W. NC
Dakick has been desperate for attention as he circles the drain. So his days are spent trying to attract listeners, readers, and clicks. The result of this is an endless stream of extreme opinions, including political rambling. This is just another one of those. He knows that this IU team is very unlikely to win this game at Mackey. So he makes this statement in advance of the likely loss. Then he will rage about the state of the IU program if they lose. He is nothing more than a pathetic old shock jock seeking relevance.

I do not think we can stay with PU. We could be tied up to about 20 points and then lose big or blown out early like 18-4 by the media time out.
But I don’t think winning is an outcome

If IU is a final 4 contender and Purdue sucks... please shoot me if I am posting on the Purdue board. If I have nothing better than that to do, then my life must be miserable.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Chasing the stars can be fools' gold pursuit. We on this board tend to get too caught up in star pursuit. I hate PU but CMP has 'system' players who aren't chasing stats. I think they have committed to chasing that first banner this year and shut us all up once and for all, and this year is the best chance they've had since Big Dog's last yr. (different story if Hummel's knee hadn't blown up)

Gotta give Edey credit, he's not the player he was a couple yrs back. The big kid has really worked to develop. Has an incredibly soft touch on a jump baby hook that is absolutely impossible to defend once he receives the ball. And shoots FTs surprising well (most games, the NW game was bad) for a kid with hands the size of catchers' mitts.

I just hope we put up a respectful fight tomorrow. Otherwise it will get ugly. early interior foul trouble from us will mean a fast end to the game. Edey could go for 40/20 if that happens.
Bates has been looking every bit a 5-star lately.

On his radio show a few minutes ago "that IU team the last 10 minutes of the OSU game can beat Purdue
I dont mind Dakich, hell wish theyd bring him back for commentating IU games.
That said, nothing was really all that impressive by IU the last 2 minutes... let alone 10.
Was more like a combination of OSU not keeping their foot on the gas and IU doing just enough at the right time even while still making mistakes

Edey has improved his footwork under the basket dramatically.

Does Dakich frequently voices thoughts and concerns many IU fans have about IU basketball? Sure, and he has the benefit of getting to broadcast those things on radio. Still, how some IU fans continually bring up the things he says on this board baffles me. Why? Because, I believe there are some very basketball savvy posters on this board. Dan's arrogant, butt hurt, opinion that he could possibly have been the best choice as IU basketball coach (long term) given his total lack of ANY success ANYWHERE else is beyond laughable. Anytime this is pointed out on the air, the caller is immediately belittled and shut down as Dan goes on a rant full of excuses about injuries and other deficiencies within the teams he has previously coached. And yet he has to gall to rant about excuses at IU.

There is absolutely ZERO evidence Dan has what it takes to successfully coach any D1 basketball team. And yet, Steve Alford is vilified by some on this board for far less (and Steve at least has D1 coaching history those posters can point to within their arguments). No, I do not think Alford was/is the answer either. However, Steve could use his position as a D1 coach to demean/degrade IU at will and yet I don't hear that from him. Any IU fan listening/hearing Dan's opinions, rants, and attempts to demean anything relative to IU basketball should first consider his piss poor character and filter accordingly. If you're still reading it is obvious I think Dan says/does more to hinder IU's attempts to restore the basketball program more than ANY former player. Dan's opinions of anything IU are a Cancer and they should be resected immediately.

Reactions: nichlee

Maybe it's development and utilization of talent. How many Purdue players were in demand coming out of high school? Those 5 stars were. Edey ranked about 430. How many Purdue players were legitimately recruited by IU? And IU has another 5 star coming in. Sorry but IU has a lot of talent. And they had a player shoot 47.5 % from 3 a year ago. The talent is there.

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
Maybe it's development and utilization of talent. How many Purdue players were in demand coming out of high school? Those 5 stars were. Edey ranked about 430. How many Purdue players were legitimately recruited by IU? And IU has another 5 star coming in. Sorry but IU has a lot of talent. And they had a player shoot 47.5 % from 3 a year ago. The talent is there.
I don't follow high school players super closely anymore, but I do know that Furst and Kaufman-Renn were definitely pretty-highly-ranked 4-stars.

And, this kind of nonsense is why Dakich has zero credibility.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
that IU team the last 10 minutes of the OSU game....

.... did not show up tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT