ADVERTISEMENT

Biden interview on ABC 8:00 EDT

If the powers that be want Biden out, he’ll be out. Eventually. It appears he’s going to go kicking and screaming though.
Selfish old ahole. Some reporter asked him why wouldn’t you give a younger person his time. Great question. He didn’t answer

Reactions: 76-1
If the powers that be want Biden out, he’ll be out. Eventually. It appears he’s going to go kicking and screaming though.
If Biden doesn't want to go, he's not going anywhere. He already won the primary. Even if the Dems could somehow throw him out of office as President through the 25th (they can't), he would still be the nominee.

Reactions: 76-1
I don't hate Joe Biden, but I wish there was an off ramp presented to him that he'd agree to AND would allow the Democrats to beat Trump in November.

If Biden stays in this and Trump wins, I don't know that history will be kind to him. To be honest, I wish he would have announced he wouldn't seek reelection a long time ago.

Reactions: UncleMark
If Biden doesn't want to go, he's not going anywhere. He already won the primary. Even if the Dems could somehow throw him out of office as President through the 25th (they can't), he would still be the nominee.

Is that true? If he was removed from office on the grounds that he's "incapacitated," he'd still be the nominee? Not that it matters. I can't see any way they'd invoke that against him absent something more serious or dramatic. I'm still not convinced he sticks it out, regardless of that letter. I think it's more about posturing at this point, and protecting his image/legacy. I think he'll make his points, then bow out.

Everything you said is spot on. For one reason or another, Biden will not be the nominee. What could some of those reasons be…he could drop dead or get sicker than he already is, or eventually succumb to the pressure to drop out (which is what I believe will happen). Whatever the reason, Biden won’t be the nominee come November. The powers that be haven’t even begun to turn up the pressure on him. He won’t survive this. Maybe literally.

Last edited:
I don't hate Joe Biden, but I wish there was an off ramp presented to him that he'd agree to AND would allow the Democrats to beat Trump in November.

If Biden stays in this and Trump wins, I don't know that history will be kind to him. To be honest, I wish he would have announced he wouldn't seek reelection a long time ago.
History won’t be kind to Biden no matter what. He’s been an epic disaster of a President.

History won’t be kind to Biden no matter what. He’s been an epic disaster of a President.
I don't think that is true. If nothing else, had he decided on being a one term president on his own awhile back, he would largely be seen as the guy who brought the economy back from COVID.

I don't think that is true. If nothing else, had he decided on being a one term president on his own awhile back, he would largely be seen as the guy who brought the economy back from COVID.
He could have maintained his Cincinattus mythos, too. But now he looks as power hungry and vain as all the rest--because he is and always has been.

Another Trump disciple rushing to his defense where there is no defense. You guys are nothing if not entertaining.

Now, my response to your misguided and uninformed pivot to military recruitment.

First, the Marines continue to meet their recruitment goals.

With respect to recruiting shortfalls in the other branches, here are the key reasons:

• A strong economy, which provides young people with other options.
  • Recruiting-age people have fewer family members who served (e.g. in 1995, 40% of young people had a parent who served in the military; by 2022, only 12% of young people had a parent who served) which decreases the inclination to serve.
  • A smaller eligible population.
  • Just 21% of 18-34 year-olds are eligible to serve due to poor physical fitness, drug use or other mental or physical health issues.
  • Young adults are decreasingly likely to follow traditional life and career paths.
  • Young adults are increasingly distrustful of institutions.
  • Overheated and damaging political rhetoric from far-righties that paints today's US military as ineffectively and miserably "woke."
Why are you so repeatedly and consistently full of shit?
I stopped reading after your first reason. Really? A strong economy? How out of touch are you? Are you a single parent? Do you make under 60k a year? Do you live week to week and have to make choices when it comes to paying bills and making sure there's food on the table? Do you have to tell your kids that they can't play a sport because you can't afford to pay registration fees,and keep bills under control at the same time? If you were in that situation,you would understand that paying 35% more for everyday living essentials takes a huge toll on a large # of our population. Those costs are created by democrats. Just 3 years ago,it wasn't near as hard to make it,for alot of people. Maybe look at things through a lens that supports the party's claim of being for the little guy,instead of another one of the rich who is willing to make those less fortunate suffer,because you don't have to worry about it.

PS... More young adults are supporting Trump than ever before. Unlike you,they see that dem policies are goibg to price them out of owning anything. Wake up.

I stopped reading after your first reason. Really? A strong economy? How out of touch are you? Are you a single parent? Do you make under 60k a year? Do you live week to week and have to make choices when it comes to paying bills and making sure there's food on the table? Do you have to tell your kids that they can't play a sport because you can't afford to pay registration fees,and keep bills under control at the same time? If you were in that situation,you would understand that paying 35% more for everyday living essentials takes a huge toll on a large # of our population. Those costs are created by democrats. Just 3 years ago,it wasn't near as hard to make it,for alot of people. Maybe look at things through a lens that supports the party's claim of being for the little guy,instead of another one of the rich who is willing to make those less fortunate suffer,because you don't have to worry about it.

PS... More young adults are supporting Trump than ever before. Unlike you,they see that dem policies are goibg to price them out of owning anything. Wake up.
I can’t remember, but I feel like there was some global issue that was happening before Biden took office that required hard decisions to allow the U.S. economy to recover better than just about any other place in the world.

Also, what do you think Trump’s tariff plans are going to do to the middle class’s spending power?

Reactions: Bowlmania
I can’t remember, but I feel like there was some global issue that was happening before Biden took office that required hard decisions to allow the U.S. economy to recover better than just about any other place in the world.

Also, what do you think Trump’s tariff plans are going to do to the middle class’s spending power?
Biden sought to be “transformative.” Largest social safety net. Cradle to grave benefits. That’s not responsive. Pandemic was a pretense for an agenda of progressive stupidity. A completely clueless admin of social worker ideology

Reactions: jet812

That BS and everyone knows it. Also...what about since then? Dem policies are killing middle and lower income people and families(the very ones they say they are looking out for). It's not an accident,quite the contrary as a matter of fact.

Reactions: ulrey
Middle incomer's 401ks are up >26% over the last year! They are traveling everywhere in record numbers, clogging roads and airports. Prices of gas, plane tickets, hotel rooms, etc. must not be so bad.

So it’s all about Trump?

That BS and everyone knows it. Also...what about since then? Dem policies are killing middle and lower income people and families(the very ones they say they are looking out for). It's not an accident,quite the contrary as a matter of fact.
Please elaborate on that last point, because I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you saying that Democrats what to create policies/social safety nets to 'kill' middle and lower income people and families?

Nah, you read the whole post but the first bullet was the only one you could respond to. And, in any event, you're wrong. Inflation is moving toward the 2% target, the economy is strong although cooling a bit which will likely allow for two rate cuts before year's end, and we're the only G-20 economy whose GDP level now exceeds the pre-Covid level.

Nah, you read the whole post but the first bullet was the only one you could respond to. And, in any event, you're wrong. Inflation is moving toward the 2% target, the economy is strong although cooling a bit which will likely allow for two rate cuts before year's end, and we're the only G-20 economy whose GDP level now exceeds the pre-Covid level.
No,I read the first line and knew the rest had to be as dumb as the first. Blah blah blah....is it 35% more expensive now than it was 3 years ago? 5 years ago?...does that equate to 2% inflation? Does $20 worth of gas in 2018 cost $32 now?...is that 2%? Jfc...so pathetic.

No she isn’t. They are lying to you. People will stay home if they don’t have hope.

It has to be obvious by now, to even the most trusting people, the media is constantly lying on behalf of the dems. The Biden cognitive decline cover up being the latest in a long line of media lies. They’ll do anything and everything they can to prevent Trump from winning.
If Harris were truthfully polling worse than Biden, why would they want to force him out in her favor?

I’m not immune to Ben affleck moments. I had a good one last night you’ll appreciate. I’m driving my minion to drop him off and on the screen is that song stick season. He likes it and it’s funny to hear him sing along that he’ll drink alcohol til his friends come home for Christmas. Screen changes to Ex wife calling. Daughter doesn’t want a birthday party. She wants to know if she could take a couple friends for a weekend to nyc instead for her bday. Ex goes and of course you and I could go to chaperone. Oh and she wants her belly button pierced. Say no.
I didn’t respond other than to say “i have big boy in the car and I’m dropping him off. I can’t talk.”

Get to ex stokers. “What’s all over his mouth?” “I don’t know. Bombpops I guess.” “Great. Remember our talk about treats?!” “I don’t know. He was watching his shows.” “Oh my god! We talked about screen time!” “That’s right.”

Get into my car. Peace for one night. Drive ten minutes. Song on screen interrupted. Ex stoker calling. “Did you take his temperature? “No. Why?” “HE HAS A 102 TEMPERATURE !!!!” “Oh man that’s probably why he was sucking down bombpops.” “Ya think?” Click.

I pull into the parking lot of target. Get out of the car and without even realizing it say loudly. OH MY F*UCKING GOD. Look over and two feet away is an entire family getting out of a minivan looking at me. In shock
Brutal dude. Brutal- some days

If Harris were truthfully polling worse than Biden, why would they want to force him out in her favor?
She may not be polling worse than Biden,but that's not really something to brag about. His disapproval rating is now at 67%. 2/3's of the country thinks he's doing a shit job. Even though she doesn't make sense either(word salad buffets) you can atleast hear and understand her. Would make sense that she polls better. Let's face it though,the donors will make the decision,not the candidate.

He should have done it at the very beginning of his term, and made Harris much more visible.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
So we should put you down in favor of healthcare only for the elite and higher drug prices?
It’s called get a job and pay for your healthcare. I’m not wealthy and pay for my healthcare and drugs. Obama care caused my health insurance to go up. I’m fed up with people wanting to be lazy and have the government give them everything.

• Love
And CC debt is at an all time high,and soaring at a pace never seen before. Congratulations on making people throw up their hands.
So you don't believe in personal accountability? It's all Biden's fault. People in this country always have to blame others for their lack of discipline.

It’s called get a job and pay for your healthcare. I’m not wealthy and pay for my healthcare and drugs. Obama care caused my health insurance to go up. I’m fed up with people wanting to be lazy and have the government give them everything.

A lot of jobs do not offer healthcare, from Kaiser:

Not all workers have access to coverage through their job. In 2022, 60.7% of nonelderly uninsured workers worked for an employer that did not offer them health benefits.​

For those in lower paying jobs, buying healthcare with no employee assistance is damn hard.

Just because I saw it, the majority of roofers in the US are uninsured and they are the least insured profession. Lazy people probably are not on a roof in the summer even in the north.

Here is the part on roofers. Number 2, drywall installation. Also not known as an easy profession for lazy people.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
She may not be polling worse than Biden,but that's not really something to brag about. His disapproval rating is now at 67%. 2/3's of the country thinks he's doing a shit job. Even though she doesn't make sense either(word salad buffets) you can atleast hear and understand her. Would make sense that she polls better. Let's face it though,the donors will make the decision,not the candidate.
Could be a Kim Campbell scenario in Canada 1993. For a moment it looked like Mulroney had gotten out at the right time, but her initial popularity quickly faded and she made missteps on the campaign trail

The plan is not to force Biden out in favor of Harris. They want to sidestep Harris for someone else. Can they do it? I bet it happens.

Because with her at the top, maybe the down ballot races are less affected?

If Biden stays, every other Dem candidate will have to defend him in their race. To many, that will come off as obfuscation and lying, hurting them in the polls.

So you don't believe in personal accountability? It's all Biden's fault. People in this country always have to blame others for their lack of discipline.
Their lack of discipline? CC debt is high because a lot of people don't have a choice. Either use the CC,or the bill doesn't get paid. Out of touch.

I want to ask someone who is a democratic supporter,what policies/ideals/morals,whatever it may be,makes you a supporter?

I want to understand,not for the purpose of argument.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT