ADVERTISEMENT

Biden dropping out. Wow. Faster than I thought.

I think Beshear will be VP pick assuming the nominee is Harris
Maybe. I wouldn’t put my money on him. But I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he was.

The Dems need to improve her in the battlegrounds. So my guess is Josh Shapiro. But we’ll know pretty soon.

First things first: Kamala needs to seal up the nomination.

Take the rest of the day
I am at the beach, between snorkeling runs and getting updates on my phone.

Lot's of you Trumper's seem to have crazy idea's about the proper use of apostrophe's. Even other Republican's like Aloha have noticed how you moron's cannot figure it out. ;)

Last edited:
There’s $90M being withheld and I bet those high end donors will want a say before releasing the cash. I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s someone else, especially if the polling numbers have Trump way ahead just before the convention. You might as well be in it to win it and she’s not well liked in her own party.

Yep. Shapiro Kelly cooper all would be solid too as a contrast
Not sure who it will be. I really like Kelly and Shapiro but would either of them risk the positions they currently hold to most likely lose the election this November? I guess neither have to step down technically

Not sure who it will be. I really like Kelly and Shapiro but would either of them risk the positions they currently hold to most likely lose the election this November? I guess neither have to step down technically
I think both would elevate her chances.

1. This was the ideal day for Biden to best manage the opening up of the nomination, immediately after the RNC to quickly move the attention off Trump. I wouldn’t be surprised if this date was circled on the calendar three weeks ago, whether Biden agreed privately to the plan at the time or not.

2. Trump knew or strongly suspected this was coming today, as he smartly wasted no time on Biden at the RNC

3. Nominating Harris is leagues easier than anything else Democrats can do right now, so if they aren’t coalescing around her over the next 48 hours, it means her numbers are horrible and they would rather gamble everything on Door 3.

Going to be interesting.

Looks as if it will be an old fashioned convention as in days of yore.

Can remember the local Indy Demo party bosses assembling at the Indianapolis Athletic Club bar (McHale Room) and wringing their hands over the movement to have delegates elected in primary elections instead of by the party insiders.

Looks like an open convention. It will be like turning the clock back. I'll be listening on my crystal radio.

Potential replacements:

Harris
Newsom
Whitmer
Shapiro
Warnock
Pritzker
Beshear
Buttigieg
Kelly
Cooper
Clinton
AOC

I am sad that we are not getting four nights of must-watch TV with all of these horses in the race…in a throwback to the old days of presidential politics….and in Chicago in a year of civic unrest and societal rot, at that

I think he may in fact be the favorite. He at least is the winner on the criteria of who the best debate opponent for Vance would be, and that’s not an insignificant factor in picking a running mate.

I don’t think it’s a fait accompli that the running mate is a white man

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Autocorrect REMOVES apostrophes in the wrong place. It doesn't add them into the wrong place. I had to override autocorrect to post my sarcastic reply.
Wrong, yet again.

Screenshot-20240721-155210-Chrome.jpg

Potential replacements:

Harris
Newsom
Whitmer
Shapiro
Warnock
Pritzker
Beshear
Buttigieg
Kelly
Cooper
Clinton
AOC

I am sad that we are not getting four nights of must-watch TV with all of these horses in the race…in a throwback to the old days of presidential politics….and in Chicago in a year of civic unrest and societal rot, at that
The Dream Team has officially endorsed Donald John Trump. However I would consider cooper, Kelly, beshear, Shapiro.

Reactions: Spartans9312
No, if you repeatedly make that mistake, it knows you're a moron and helps you be consistent.

Potential replacements:

Harris
Newsom
Whitmer
Shapiro
Warnock
Pritzker
Beshear
Buttigieg
Kelly
Cooper
Clinton
AOC

Bring a Daley back to yell at some hippies.

I think he may in fact be the favorite. He at least is the winner on the criteria of who the best debate opponent for Vance would be, and that’s not an insignificant factor in picking a running mate.

I don’t think it’s a fait accompli that the running mate is a white man
Shapiro or Beshear would be fearsome. Here’s the thing though. Shapiro is intelligent and appears to have some integrity. Would he reduce himself to playing 2nd chair to Harris? Someone he could run intellectual circles around?

It’s not like it would be a Bush/ Cheney relationship where he’s the one actually pulling the strings. Harris isn’t smart enough to not know what she doesn’t know. She thinks she’s actually good.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT