ADVERTISEMENT

Biden and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Just say that you are so hyper partisan that the words of a gov official and officer of the court bearing on the president’s faculties are meaningless to you coupled with the daily mistakes we see that you clearly ignore.

Congrats you’ve fallen to willdog’s level

The board’s most hyper partisan least objective poster
Neither choice has the mental faculties I'd desire, but you acting like it's one side is moronic.

I'd say you've fallen to a level, but you already have your dream team declared.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yeah. I don't understand why Biden stepping down at convention time would be a bad thing. I think it'd be ideal. They can select any candidate they wish at a brokered convention without needing to appease the fringes of the party. All they need is someone who is (a) Not Trump, and (b) will appeal to the mainstream voters in States like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and other States that matter in the EC. Who cares if people in San Francisco or Seattle are miffed at the choice? The goal is to win the election and that means a few targeted States.

Voters are begging for an alternative. Just give them one.
Exactly!

Neither choice has the mental faculties I'd desire, but you acting like it's one side is moronic.

I'd say you've fallen to a level, but you already have your dream team declared.
Stop with the comparisons. It’s stupid. Trump has been grilled in the legal process. Biden immediately declared with significant limitations

I agree it's not onesided but it's about 80/20 at this point and we know which side is 80. IfJoe Biden can't speak coherently to the American public during an election season he's not going to get elected. As a Dem, this is doomsday.

**** the rules. **** the process. Get him replaced. We can argue semantics after we have a candidate on the dais under the age of 60 (preferably sub 50) with the mental capability to wipe the floor with Trump in a debate or on the campaign trail.

IfJoe Biden can't speak coherently to the American public during an election season he's not going to get elected.

I don't know if this is actually true. The alternative is so unsatisfactory that I do think Biden could hole up in the White House basement and keep his mouth shut and win re-election. I agree with you that it's perhaps not the best wagon to strap your horse on, but I do think it could work. It's what I expect.

I agree it's not onesided but it's about 80/20 at this point and we know which side is 80. IfJoe Biden can't speak coherently to the American public during an election season he's not going to get elected. As a Dem, this is doomsday.

**** the rules. **** the process. Get him replaced. We can argue semantics after we have a candidate on the dais under the age of 60 (preferably sub 50) with the mental capability to wipe the floor with Trump in a debate or on the campaign trail.
ABC poll - 86% believe Biden is too old. Trump comes in at 62%. Talk about a Twilight Zone moment. In what normal world do we get to this point?

Minimum age - 35. // Maximum age - 55.

I don't know if this is actually true. The alternative is so unsatisfactory that I do think Biden could hole up in the White House basement and keep his mouth shut and win re-election. I agree with you that it's perhaps not the best wagon to strap your horse on, but I do think it could work. It's what I expect.
That’s a threat to democracy. He’s not who we are voting for then. NYT had an article about the cocoon his staffers have built around him. Writing what to say so he just reads. Limiting appearances. Taking special paths so he walks a short distance and the public can’t see him. Choreographing his every step which is essentially perpetuating a fraud on the public. We need a strong Dem to stand up and say it’s not okay. Carville slaughtered him re the Super Bowl farce but he’s long past his influence

I think that worked once in 2020 but it's not going to work now. Plus Kamala is a net negative now, which she wasn't in 2020.

He's toast. And he needs replaced. Once the Dems accept that the decision of what to do is easier and it's just coalescing around one candidate.

Obama needs to take over the party. Right now.

No...I'm voting for Nikki Hailey when it's my turn to vote in the primary.

You can act like not voting in the general election is taking some sort of stand. You'll vote for Trump in the general.

PS - I voted for Perot in '92.
I didn’t vote for Trump in 16, 20, and won’t in 24. I’m writing in DeSantis.

Biden has been having gaffes since he started in politics. For him, not sure how much it has to do with actual mental decline. He was saying some wacky stuff in his 40s

Trump has more than caught up with Biden in the bumbling incoherent nonsense speaking. And has quite a few dousies of his own when it comes to confusing things.

Trying to say who is dealing with worse mental decline is pointless. Trump is at the very least right there with Biden in that category.

• Haha
That’s a threat to democracy. He’s not who we are voting for then. NYT had an article about the cocoon his staffers have built around him. Writing what to say so he just reads. Limiting appearances. Taking special paths so he walks a short distance and the public can’t see him. Choreographing his every step which is essentially perpetuating a fraud on the public. We need a strong Dem to stand up and say it’s not okay. Carville slaughtered him re the Super Bowl farce but he’s long past his influence

I think “threat to democracy” is a bit much, even if all of the tactics that you’re suggesting are being employed. It’s up to the voters to decide if his (potential) lack of public exposure merits their concern. In a normal election year I’d suggest that this tactic would be fatal for a candidate, but this election is anything but normal. Both of these guys’ negatives are so high that staying out of sight can only help them. You know, better for people to think you’re a moron than to open your mouth and remove all doubt, and so on.

I think “threat to democracy” is a bit much, even if all of the tactics that you’re suggesting are being employed. It’s up to the voters to decide if his (potential) lack of public exposure merits their concern. In a normal election year I’d suggest that this tactic would be fatal for a candidate, but this election is anything but normal. Both of these guys’ negatives are so high that staying out of sight can only help them. You know, better for people to think you’re a moron than to open your mouth and remove all doubt, and so on.
Mcm could crap his pants and find a way to convince himself that it was biden's fault.

Biden going out to eat would be a threat to democracy in his mind

If decisions are made by proxy and not the the elected rep that is a threat to democracy. I don’t believe he’s the decision maker

Its going to be Biden/Trump 2...unless one of them dies before the election.

Evidently it isn't going to matter if one is in jail, or if one no longer has the mental capacity to speak effectively in public.

So at this point, the only way either one of them isn't running for POTUS this fall is if they personally choose not to run.

For both of them, that would be admitting defeat. Neither, in a million years, would ever consider doing that.

They're both obscenely unfit for the job. So I guess the decision is who does less permanent damage to the country. I think both will do extensive damage to the country. So I'm genuinely F-ing pissed that these two embarrassing, old, idiot, a-holes are going to be the two main choices...again...

What the hell happens when Biden beats Trump again? Trump vs Harris in 2028? What a joke we all are.

While both are not great choices, I don't think the 2 can be compared other than age.

Biden didn't do damage to the country in his first term and don't see that changing in a 2nd term.

Whereas Trump has pretty much guaranteed a revenge tour if elected and thinks he has presidential immunity to do whatever he wants without repercussions.

• Haha

Evidently it isn't going to matter if one is in jail, or if one no longer has the mental capacity to speak effectively in public.

So at this point, the only way either one of them isn't running for POTUS this fall is if they personally choose not to run.

For both of them, that would be admitting defeat. Neither, in a million years, would ever consider doing that.

They're both obscenely unfit for the job. So I guess the decision is who does less permanent damage to the country. I think both will do extensive damage to the country. So I'm genuinely F-ing pissed that these two embarrassing, old, idiot, a-holes are going to be the two main choices...again...

What the hell happens when Biden beats Trump again? Trump vs Harris in 2028? What a joke we all are.
Perfect characterization of these two. Embarrassing old idiot aholes

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily . . .

While both are not great choices, I don't think the 2 can be compared other than age.

Biden didn't do damage to the country in his first term and don't see that changing in a 2nd term.
They're obviously very different in many ways. But they both have multiple characteristics that used to be, and still should be, disqualifying for the position.

We SUCK for allowing those things to be acceptable.

Does RFK Jr's candidacy now become more viable. What about No Labels? When are they announcing their pick(s)? Could Christie be a player again on a third party ticket? Will the Koch network and others keep funding Haley, hoping Trump has his own Senior Day?
Trump has a senior day every time he speaks. It’s just hard to know if it’s his normal crazy or a senior moment. Confusing Nancy Pelosi and Niki Haiey, thinking Obama is still President…he does it all the time. People are just used to it.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
They're obviously very different in many ways. But they both have multiple characteristics that used to be, and still should be, disqualifying for the position.

We SUCK for allowing those things to be acceptable.

If only the old farts could put in a maximum age (but we all know that ain't going to happen).

The only way Biden sees a 2nd term is against Trump IMO and looks like Biden got lucky.

Trump has a senior day every time he speaks. It’s just hard to know if it’s his normal crazy or a senior moment. Confusing Nancy Pelosi and Niki Haiey, thinking Obama is still President…he does it all the time. People are just used to it.
Anyone that only sees the senior moments on one said isn't exactly being unbiased on the matter.

Biden has been having gaffes since he started in politics. For him, not sure how much it has to do with actual mental decline. He was saying some wacky stuff in his 40s

Trump has more than caught up with Biden in the bumbling incoherent nonsense speaking. And has quite a few dousies of his own when it comes to confusing things.

Trying to say who is dealing with worse mental decline is pointless. Trump is at the very least right there with Biden in that category.
Look, I hate Trump. He's unfit, uncouth, singularly narcissistic, dangerous, etc.

But he can hold a conversation and speak uninterrupted for 20 minutes at a podium. Biden, as far as we can tell, cannot do these simple (for this level of office) things. I've watched people degrade as they age. Biden is exactly what it looks like. Can you imagine his appearance when he's not been run through hair, makeup, and wardrobe?

I'm not saying Trump's better but he's going to kill Biden on the campaign trail mostly b/c Biden WON'T BE ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL. He physically, and probably mentally, can't do it.

Biden didn't do damage to the country in his first term
The last round of COVID stimulus and the border say hello.

Hickory - believe me when I tell you, I am so frustrated with the Dems for allowing us to be in this situation. Where is the bench? Where is the young vibrant party leader that could solve this problem?

Look, I hate Trump. He's unfit, uncouth, singularly narcissistic, dangerous, etc.

But he can hold a conversation and speak uninterrupted for 20 minutes at a podium. Biden, as far as we can tell, cannot do these simple (for this level of office) things. I've watched people degrade as they age. Biden is exactly what it looks like. Can you imagine his appearance when he's not been run through hair, makeup, and wardrobe?

I'm not saying Trump's better but he's going to kill Biden on the campaign trail mostly b/c Biden WON'T BE ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL. He physically, and probably mentally, can't do it.

The last round of COVID stimulus and the border say hello.

Hickory - believe me when I tell you, I am so frustrated with the Dems for allowing us to be in this situation. Where is the bench? Where is the young vibrant party leader that could solve this problem?

Trump's keeping up with Biden on gaffes and misspeaking at the podium. It's splitting hairs to pretend one is worse than the other in that area. Biden looks more fragile mainly because he isn't on the 215lb Big Mac diet.

The last round of stimulus wasn't any worse than the ones under Trump. And the PPP loans were a mess. Pretending one was worse than the others is again just playing politics.

The entire world had inflation but the US weathered it better than most countries, so maybe attacking any of the stimulus packages is a bit shortsighted.

And Biden didn't do anything to the border. But now that republicans refuse to pass the bipartisan border bill, they own what issues there are on the border just as much (if not more) than Biden and the dems.

But yes, dems should have chosen anyone other than Biden...just like the pubs should have chosen someone other than Trump.

But when left with 2 crappy choices, Biden isn't anywhere near as bad as Trump.

Last edited:
If only the old farts could put in a maximum age (but we all know that ain't going to happen).

The only way Biden sees a 2nd term is against Trump IMO and looks like Biden got lucky.
This race reminds me of the celebrity boxing matches that featured people like Manut Bol vs Frigerator Perry...or Screetch versus Urkel... Except the winners of those fights didn't become the leaders of the free world.

To me, they're both embarrassing. I don't think I should have to measure their levels of embarrassment. I'm deeply embarrassed that either/both of them are our main choices for The.F-ing.President.Of.The.United.States.Of.America... Not some podunk mayor, not a representative...POTUS??!!

Our White House...Oval Office...Lincoln Bedroom...Rose Garden... will either be led by someone on house arrest, or will need to be turned in a assisted living Nursing Home...AFTER we've already experienced how crappy both choices are. What a damn joke that what, 100+ million people are either enthusiastically behind one of those choices...or are accepting enough to keep allowing it to happen. And the rest of us are forced to either not choose, or to choose the least crappy choice. At this point...it probably doesn't really matter who wins. We've already all lost.

I didn’t take offense, we were both just joking.
Good, I certainly was joking.

My biggest mistake in life was not taking my father’s advice on buying farm land. When I was 25 I could have purchase 300 acres for $1100 per acre. My dad had a retail fertilizer company. He sit me down and showed me the cash flow the land would generate. He was willing to put some of his land up as collateral. I was just starting my business and scared to death to borrow that much money. In addition to that opportunity, I had many other chances for farm land. When I could easily afforded it, I thought the stock market was a better investment.

Long story short that original land in the middle of the Amish Settlement would fetch $7 to $9 million now.

I feel that if it is biden, he (his minion) will cause serious damage. (I damn sure am pushing against biden and his minion.
If it's Trump, the left minion in the US will cause serious damage, well because Trump. (Not that I am pushing Trump).

You picked good time to sell!!! Congratulations!!!!
It was a hard decision, because there was emotional attachment, but made easier because the family who has farmed it for years ( grandfather for my grandfather bought it). But I finally decided I wanted to be able to spend it on doing things for my family ( taking nephew to NBA All Star kind of thing) while I’m alive and travel , so pulled the trigger.

Good, I certainly was joking.

My biggest mistake in life was not taking my father’s advice on buying farm land. When I was 25 I could have purchase 300 acres for $1100 per acre. My dad had a retail fertilizer company. He sit me down and showed me the cash flow the land would generate. He was willing to put some of his land up as collateral. I was just starting my business and scared to death to borrow that much money. In addition to that opportunity, I had many other chances for farm land. When I could easily afforded it, I thought the stock market was a better investment.

Long story short that original land in the middle of the Amish Settlement would fetch $7 to $9 million now.
Yikes. We were just lucky it has appreciated the way it has. Now got to get those taxes taken care of ( will be glad when I know how badly I’m hit).

I feel that if it is biden, he (his minion) will cause serious damage. (I damn sure am pushing against biden and his minion.
If it's Trump, the left minion in the US will cause serious damage, well because Trump. (Not that I am pushing Trump).
Hey man...you do you...

Biden wouldn't be a thing if not for Trump...

Trump wouldn't have been a thing if not for the far lefts rhetoric and policies...

At some point...words like solution, leadership, betterment, sacrifice, compromise... won't be looked at as weak ideals.

The United States needs the best ideals from each party right now. Fiscal conservatism, social awareness, diplomacy, a good balance of nationalism and internationalism. Everyone is soooooo worried and focused on all the boogeyman stuff from the other side, they're forgetting that we do have actual problems to address.

Effective campaigning, in today's United States, is merely pointing out mistakes and shortcomings...and instilling anger and fear. Its boring and it sucks.

Yikes. We were just lucky it has appreciated the way it has. Now got to get those taxes taken care of ( will be glad when I know how badly I’m hit).
This close to year end you should have considered getting 1/2 of money in December 2023 and rest on 1/1/24.

It was a hard decision, because there was emotional attachment, but made easier because the family who has farmed it for years ( grandfather for my grandfather bought it). But I finally decided I wanted to be able to spend it on doing things for my family ( taking nephew to NBA All Star kind of thing) while I’m alive and travel , so pulled the trigger.
The emotional tie is hard. If you look at it as a pure investment it’s an easy call. The rents being paid are horrible when you weigh against market value of the land.

And Trump will be the heavy favorite of it's Biden. They'd better start cutting down more trees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT