ADVERTISEMENT

Biden and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
Can he recover from this or does someone need to quickly have a hard talk with him? Or with Jill?

Who (other than Harris) is ready to immediately step up? I'm not saying I'm fans of all of these people, but I think possible/likely candidates are Newsom, Whitmer and Mark Kelly. Beshear is probably on the B-list. Shapiro is still light on experience. Who else?

I was thinking earlier, "Damn, it's late for a change." But there's actually precedent. On March 31, 1968, incumbent LBJ shocked the nation with "I do not believe that I should devote an hour or a day of my time to any personal partisan causes or to any duties other than the awesome duties of this office–the Presidency of your country. Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your President." Things quickly went bad for the Dems, though. RFK was assassinated in June, Humphrey lost to Nixon in November and the rest, as they say, is history.

Can he recover from this or does someone need to quickly have a hard talk with him? Or with Jill?

Who (other than Harris) is ready to immediately step up? I'm not saying I'm fans of all of these people, but I think possible/likely candidates are Newsom, Whitmer and Mark Kelly. Beshear is probably on the B-list. Shapiro is still light on experience. Who else?

I was thinking earlier, "Damn, it's late for a change." But there's actually precedent. On March 31, 1968, incumbent LBJ shocked the nation with "I do not believe that I should devote an hour or a day of my time to any personal partisan causes or to any duties other than the awesome duties of this office–the Presidency of your country. Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your President." Things quickly went bad for the Dems, though. RFK was assassinated in June, Humphrey lost to Nixon in November and the rest, as they say, is history.
Kelly might be okay. I watched a documentary on him and his twin. It was good. He seems. Normal.

Don’t you think Obama is a possibility?

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

The problem as I see it is this:

1. If it's Harris, she's a bad candidate.
2. If it's not Harris, a lot of the base gets pissed.

What should have happened was at the very beginning, people other than just Dean Phillips should have launched campaigns. If we had a whole pool of alternatives, maybe the press could have spent some time actually talking about the alternatives, instead of the entire focus being solely on the fact that there should be some alternatives.

I could be wrong, but I think she's made it very clear about a bazillion times that she absolutely does not want to run for office.
I’ve heard her say no. If it’s dangled in front of her and Trump is all that’s between her and the Oval Office, no might become yes.

I’ve heard her say no. If it’s dangled in front of her and Trump is all that’s between her and the Oval Office, no might become yes.
Why? She's got a great life. Good family. Money. Public loves her, but she has access to privacy. Why would she ever want to give that up to play politics?

The problem as I see it is this:

1. If it's Harris, she's a bad candidate.
2. If it's not Harris, a lot of the base gets pissed.

What should have happened was at the very beginning, people other than just Dean Phillips should have launched campaigns. If we had a whole pool of alternatives, maybe the press could have spent some time actually talking about the alternatives, instead of the entire focus being solely on the fact that there should be some alternatives.

It wouldn’t have mattered. The press wasn’t going to abandon a sitting liberal President.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
It wouldn’t have mattered. The press wasn’t going to abandon a sitting liberal President.
Not asking for abandonment. Just a little name recognition. If serious people had at least launched campaigns, they'd be sitting pretty right now. And they wouldn't have needed to attack Biden. They could have played it the way Ramaswamy played the GOP campaign.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Not asking for abandonment. Just a little name recognition. If serious people had at least launched campaigns, they'd be sitting pretty right now. And they wouldn't have needed to attack Biden. They could have played it the way Ramaswamy played the GOP campaign.
There was opposition. NC wouldn’t even let Dean on the ballot. Manchin is doing it. He needs to pounce

Nope. She didn’t want Barack to run. She didn’t want him to go into politics in the first place. I’ll bet any amount of money she will never run for elected office.
How many acres of farmland you have to put up?

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
My bad. You're right. Just looked it up. Taft was Solicitor General and Hoover was Director of the US Food Administration, but those aren't/weren't elected offices.
The current climate that combo experience may actually be an impediment

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT