ADVERTISEMENT

Biden and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I am not repeating some wing nut talking point. I don’t think Barrack wants to be President again. I don’t think there’s some grand plan for her to come in and save the day. I think if Michelle decided to run she would beat the hell out of any republican that she ran against.

Edit and i think she has a big ego that could possibly lead her to run.

I think she's been pretty damn clear that she has no interest in ever running for any political office. I think this only gets drug out because there isn't any big name in Dem politics right now that makes much sense.

I think she's been pretty damn clear that she has no interest in ever running for any political office. I think this only gets drug out because there isn't any big name in Dem politics right now that makes much sense.
I am not saying there’s any big conspiracy for her to run. If the dems finally tell Joe no, I think some might run to convince her to run.

I am not saying there’s any big conspiracy for her to run. If the dems finally tell Joe no, I think some might run to convince her to run.

Well as I've already said.... Dems can't tell Joe no. He would have to decide on his own.... And there is no way someone with his ego is going to do that

I mean they could have 6 months ago, by having a serious primary challenger (or a threat of one). But they didn't. So he's their guy now. Can't do anything about it now.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Sorry I misread some of your post.

I still think she's been as clear as crystal it's not going to happen.
I understand. Looking at certainty of following up Obama as first black president with being the first women and black women at that president might be hard to say no to.

I understand. Looking at certainty of following up Obama as first black president with being the first women and black women at that president might be hard to say no to.
I love when the dem's get so surefire certain that another dem would never "change their mind", once given different circumcisions.***

***Edit- I am on my phone- Circumstances.

I think it takes a certain type of personality to want to be "the man." Barack had it. I don't think Michelle does. I think for her to ever run for office, she'd have to be drafted to run, and I don't think that really happens in this day and age.

At any rate, this is all probably too late, anyway, because, as twenty said, it's almost certain we are stuck with Joe, and as I already said, even if Joe steps down, I can't imagine how we end up with anyone other than Kamala.

The report described the 81-year-old Democrat’s memory as “hazy,” “fuzzy,” “faulty,” “poor” and having “significant limitations.” It noted that Biden could not recall defining milestones in his own life such as when his son Beau died or when he served as vice president.

the dem party is perpetuating a fraud sequestering this guy. the 25th should be invoked
Sequestering? He just held a press conference.

I'd care what you think about his mental state if Trump wasn't just as bad.

Sequestering? He just held a press conference.

I'd care what you think about his mental state if Trump wasn't just as bad.
I’d care what you think about his mental state if you weren’t hyper partisan.

Did you see his press conf? His press conf to show he doesn’t have memory problems where he displayed memory problems?

Trump is participating in four trials. The special prosecutor says Biden has significant limitations.

Both in decline. One much farther along

Reactions: stollcpa
I’d care what you think about his mental state if you weren’t hyper partisan.

Did you see his press conf? His press conf to show he doesn’t have memory problems where he displayed memory problems?

Trump is participating in four trials. The special prosecutor says Biden has significant limitations.

Both in decline. One much farther along
Bro, you're the hyper partisan.

I saw the press conference, part of it at least. Both are in decline. We agree. You keep beating this dead horse acting like you're going to change my mind on Trump. LOL

They both have mental lapses recently.

Trump is trailer trash born on third base.

I saw the press conference, part of it at least. Both are in decline. We agree. You keep beating this dead horse acting like you're going to change my mind on Trump. LOL

no there's a material difference. we have a prosecutor who is saying the following:

The report described the 81-year-old Democrat’s memory as “hazy,” “fuzzy,” “faulty,” “poor” and having “significant limitations.” It noted that Biden could not recall defining milestones in his own life such as when his son Beau died or when he served as vice president.

in the meantime trump is a named defendant in four trials. there's really no comparison. no one is accusing trump of hiding out etc. he's constantly on tv and radio. biden has been in hiding for years. hell when he took office he had less interviews than any president if my own memory serves during his first 100 days or whatever then only took pre-screened questions. he reads poorly from a script. i voted clinton (who i love) and obama. couldn't stand either bush. don't believe in trickle down. i'm far from partisan. i hate progressive politics. i think it creates a san francisco at breakneck speed

Of course there isn't. It would be a hot mess of people.

And as you stated is the million dollar issue, which is why 'the experts' were saying Biden had to figure it out last March, to give whoever is to be the one enough time to run a campaign, get known nationally.

The issue with the Dems that makes it harder is it's balancing many different political desires. Say what you will about the Republicans but their, ah hem, less diverse constituency, benefits streamlined political stances.

Well now there's the Maga/Rino break but until then, you didn't have to balance your messaging as much as Dems do.

Take Israel. It's pretty easy to figure out Israel messaging from the pubs. With the Dems you risk pissing off different factions (and make no mistake, there is a larger than normal Arab faction in Michigan that are super pissed at Biden).

Anyway, to find one person who is a decent dem unifier at this late of the hour will be a nightmare and make the party look weak.

Which is why....if Biden is really rapidly deteriorating now that's just the worst case scenario from an electability pov.

For the record, I believed he was a one termer as part of the process. The old man called out of retirement to kick Trump out and reset the table. He was Clint Eastwood in Grand Torino.

If he ends up dying or having his brain brake during this stretch run than, shame on us and everyone around him.

As you said you don't force out an incumbent but, you do maneuver it in a dignified way if there really is something wrong.

We're stupid but I don't think we're THAT stupid.

Last edited:
no there's a material difference. we have a prosecutor who is saying the following:

in the meantime trump is a named defendant in four trials. there's really no comparison. no one is accusing trump of hiding out etc. he's constantly on tv and radio. biden has been in hiding for years. hell when he took office he had less interviews than any president if my own memory serves during his first 100 days or whatever then only took pre-screened questions. he reads poorly from a script. i voted clinton (who i love) and obama. couldn't stand either bush. don't believe in trickle down. i'm far from partisan. i hate progressive politics. i think it creates a san francisco at breakneck speed

I know we are really far apart politically these days but I really really liked Clinton also. Felt he was a unicorn.... folksy but shrewd, socially liberal but more fiscally conservative. Young and vibrant with a 'let's party' energy.

I never got miffed at him being lampooned like on SNL because we probably all know a guy like him. Fun at parties, massive skirt chaser but not creepy skirt chaser....comes from portraying a high empathy level.

'Oh trust me there's a lot that we're not going to tell Mrs. Clinton'.

Now obviously, the rampant skirt chasing is beneath the office of the presidency, but everything else made him a unicorn for that moment in time.

The story I heard was he wasn't that serious in 92. He was just planning on making a soft run to get his name out there and then go full bore in 96 thinking Bush with his insanely high approval rating was untouchable a year out.

Biden doesn’t know when he was the VP. They are not the same. The reality is MAGA and liberals are the exact same. You’re both voting for your team and it doesn’t matter how unfit or brain dead the candidate is.

the dem party is perpetuating a fraud sequestering this guy. the 25th should be invoked
Who has time for facts when you’re doing all of that beautiful craftsman woodworking.🤣🤣🤣

Who has time for facts when you’re doing all of that beautiful craftsman woodworking.🤣🤣🤣
Added another one without an ounce of objectivity. Trying to overwhelm the dream team with quantity of soldiers

I think Goat is right on point with the situation. If the Dems talk Biden into stepping down, and I think they should, Harris is the nominee. It’s way too messy any other way. She could run with Sherrod Brown or another working class hero and do quite well against Trump. She wouldn’t be the first POTUS that lacks gravitas.
She is better than what the gop has to offer and that include the Dems

Reactions: Morrison
And as you stated is the million dollar issue, which is why 'the experts' were saying Biden had to figure it out last March, to give whoever is to be the one enough time to run a campaign, get known nationally.

The issue with the Dems that makes it harder is it's balancing many different political desires. Say what you will about the Republicans but their, ah hem, less diverse constituency, benefits streamlined political stances.

Well now there's the Maga/Rino break but until then, you didn't have to balance your messaging as much as Dems do.

Take Israel. It's pretty easy to figure out Israel messaging from the pubs. With the Dems you risk pissing off different factions (and make no mistake, there is a larger than normal Arab faction in Michigan that are super pissed at Biden).

Anyway, to find one person who is a decent dem unifier at this late of the hour will be a nightmare and make the party look weak.

Which is why....if Biden is really rapidly deteriorating now that's just the worst case scenario from an electability pov.

For the record, I believed he was a one termer as part of the process. The old man called out of retirement to kick Trump out and reset the table. He was Clint Eastwood in Grand Torino.

If he ends up dying or having his brain brake during this stretch run than, shame on us and everyone around him.

As you said you don't force out an incumbent but, you do maneuver it in a dignified way if there really is something wrong.

We're stupid but I don't think we're THAT stupid.
Yeah there’s no basis in truth in this at all. The whole post is completely afactual. The ideological homogeneity among the Democratic Party is far greater.

Yeah there’s no basis in truth in this at all. The whole post is completely afactual. The ideological homogeneity among the Democratic Party is far greater.

Pub messaging basically revolves around white people problems (God, guns and money) and that's a much easier campaign message to build around.

You're not concerned about offending blacks. Blacks aren't your base. On the contrary you lean in on how scary they are to whites to their God, guns and money (crime and poverty).

You're not concerned about offending gays and trans. They aren't your base. On the contrary you lean in on how scary they are to whites to their God, guns and money (religious morals).

You're not concerned about offending Muslims. They aren't your base. On the contrary you lean in on how scary they are to whites God, guns and money (religion threat and crime).

You're not concerned about offending Hispanics, particularly those that have immigrated from the south. They aren't your base. On the contrary you lean in on how scary they are to whites God, guns and money (crime)

You're not really concerned about offending women who reject the traditional religious stereotype. They aren't your base in relation to God, guns and money (religion, threat to money)

You lean in on God, on guns and on money. Basically white people problems.

You have a schism only because Trump morally offends the base (and they see he's attacking others in the party who are strong God and Guns proponents). It's not really a policy difference imo.

The political messaging is streamlined which makes it much easier as a pub candidate than a Dem who has a much hire wire act in their political messaging.

Tell me where I'm wrong

Reactions: UncleMark
Pub messaging basically revolves around white people problems (God, guns and money) and that's a much easier campaign message to build around.

You're not concerned about offending blacks. Blacks aren't your base. On the contrary you lean in on how scary they are to whites to their God, guns and money (crime and poverty).

You're not concerned about offending gays and trans. They aren't your base. On the contrary you lean in on how scary they are to whites to their God, guns and money (religious morals).

You're not concerned about offending Muslims. They aren't your base. On the contrary you lean in on how scary they are to whites God, guns and money (religion threat and crime).

You're not concerned about offending Hispanics, particularly those that have immigrated from the south. They aren't your base. On the contrary you lean in on how scary they are to whites God, guns and money (crime)

You're not really concerned about offending women who reject the traditional religious stereotype. They aren't your base in relation to God, guns and money (religion, threat to money)

You have a schism only because Trump morally offends the base (and they see he's attacking others in the party who are strong God and Guns proponents). It's not really a policy difference imo.

The political messaging is streamlined which makes it much easier as a pub candidate than a Dem who has a much hire wire act in their political messaging.

Tell me where I'm wrong
Now go ahead & provide the myriad of statistics that prove virtually all of those concerns are real & quantifiable.

Tell me where I'm wrong
My bad. I thought we were talking about ideology and I took to mean that as what someone believes in. Not what their gender is or their ethnic group. What people believe in is often an interesting discussion. How much melanin someone has and what’s between their legs bores me.

There are real policy differences in the GOP. Ranging from those who want to protect and expand entitlements (like Trump) to those that want to see them done away with entirely. Those who think we should bomb Iran to those who think we should not be funding either Israel or Ukraine. Protectionist tariff supporters and complete free trade advocates.

Democrats have no such policy differences. It’s a party of nuanceless groupthink that stopped trying to trying to refine their own positions through internal debate years ago.

No thank you. There’s real ideological diversity and debate in the GOP right now and I find that interesting. “Colonizer, racist, sexist, insurrectionist”…… that’s not interesting. Those are insults. Insults levied by immature children.

But by means go back to talking about ethnic groups and Penis vs. Vagina among your Democratic peers. Let me know if you learn anything interesting.

Reactions: jet812
My bad. I thought we were talking about ideology and I took to mean that as what someone believes in. Not what their gender is or their ethnic group. What people believe in is often an interesting discussion. How much melanin someone has and what’s between their legs bores me.

There are real policy differences in the GOP. Ranging from those who want to protect and expand entitlements (like Trump) to those that want to see them done away with entirely. Those who think we should bomb Iran to those who think we should not be funding either Israel or Ukraine. Protectionist tariff supporters and complete free trade advocates.

Democrats have no such policy differences. It’s a party of nuanceless groupthink that stopped trying to trying to refine their own positions through internal debate years ago.

No thank you. There’s real ideological diversity and debate in the GOP right now and I find that interesting. “Colonizer, racist, sexist, insurrectionist”…… that’s not interesting. Those are insults. Insults levied by immature children.

But by means go back to talking about ethnic groups and Penis vs. Vagina among your Democratic peers. Let me know if you learn anything interesting.
What you said is a lot .What maybe interesting you someone may find interesting. I think the gop is a bunch of racist, white nationalist but that is my opinion whose sole interest is to keep power for themselves. There only interest is supporting the wealthy and maintaining power. They love Israel and will support her, they say they want the border fixed but only if it benefits trump. They are pro putin because trump is, no support for UKRAINE. Putin is a dictator so trump loves him. First Ukraine ,POland, France and the Balkan states next. trump wants out of NATO so there will be no one to stop him You are not interested in the Dems side because you believe in the Fascist,rapist , democracy destroying , woman abuser trump.

What you said is a lot .What maybe interesting you someone may find interesting. I think the gop is a bunch of racist, white nationalist but that is my opinion whose sole interest is to keep power for themselves. There only interest is supporting the wealthy and maintaining power. They love Israel and will support her, they say they want the border fixed but only if it benefits trump. They are pro putin because trump is, no support for UKRAINE. Putin is a dictator so trump loves him. First Ukraine ,POland, France and the Balkan states next. trump wants out of NATO so there will be no one to stop him You are not interested in the Dems side because you believe in the Fascist,rapist , democracy destroying , woman abuser trump.
Well said.

I'm sold. Definitely Lucy.

Can he recover from this or does someone need to quickly have a hard talk with him? Or with Jill?

Who (other than Harris) is ready to immediately step up? I'm not saying I'm fans of all of these people, but I think possible/likely candidates are Newsom, Whitmer and Mark Kelly. Beshear is probably on the B-list. Shapiro is still light on experience. Who else?

I was thinking earlier, "Damn, it's late for a change." But there's actually precedent. On March 31, 1968, incumbent LBJ shocked the nation with "I do not believe that I should devote an hour or a day of my time to any personal partisan causes or to any duties other than the awesome duties of this office–the Presidency of your country. Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your President." Things quickly went bad for the Dems, though. RFK was assassinated in June, Humphrey lost to Nixon in November and the rest, as they say, is history.
He cannot likely recover but its too late to replace him cause he likely will not step aside on his own.

Kelly might be okay. I watched a documentary on him and his twin. It was good. He seems. Normal.
they are not going to replace him it would require him be willing to step down and it would have to be down now. You cannot do it in the summer the party would be in chaos.

they are not going to replace him it would require him be willing to step down and it would have to be down now. You cannot do it in the summer the party would be in chaos.
The thing about chaos is that there's only one outcome. Solidarity, at least in the short term.. And teh pubs have given the Dems the greatest rallying cry in history.

Last edited:
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: jet812
The thing about chaos is that there's only one outcome. Solidarity, at least in the short term.. And teh pubs have the Dems the greatest rallying cry in history.

Yeah. I don't understand why Biden stepping down at convention time would be a bad thing. I think it'd be ideal. They can select any candidate they wish at a brokered convention without needing to appease the fringes of the party. All they need is someone who is (a) Not Trump, and (b) will appeal to the mainstream voters in States like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and other States that matter in the EC. Who cares if people in San Francisco or Seattle are miffed at the choice? The goal is to win the election and that means a few targeted States.

Voters are begging for an alternative. Just give them one.

A prosecutor? WTF cares what a prosecutor says about someone else's health?

Trump still thinks he's running against Obama. Trump often misidentified leaders of countries.

You're lost.

A prosecutor? WTF cares what a prosecutor says about someone else's health?

Trump still thinks he's running against Obama. Trump often misidentified leaders of countries.

You're lost.
Just say that you are so hyper partisan that the words of a gov official and officer of the court bearing on the president’s faculties are meaningless to you coupled with the daily mistakes we see that you clearly ignore.

Congrats you’ve fallen to willdog’s level

The board’s most hyper partisan least objective poster

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Biden doesn’t know when he was the VP. They are not the same. The reality is MAGA and liberals are the exact same. You’re both voting for your team and it doesn’t matter how unfit or brain dead the candidate is.
No...I'm voting for Nikki Hailey when it's my turn to vote in the primary.

You can act like not voting in the general election is taking some sort of stand. You'll vote for Trump in the general.

PS - I voted for Perot in '92.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Just say that you are so hyper partisan that the words of a gov official and officer of the court bearing on the president’s faculties are meaningless to you coupled with the daily mistakes we see that you clearly ignore.

Congrats you’ve fallen to willdog’s level

The board’s most hyper partisan least objective poster
At least Willdog has some entertainment value…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT