ADVERTISEMENT

Beat ourselves with missed layups(Race and Trace) and

We had them down 6 late in second half then had about 3 min of empty possessions on offense. IMHO that is when we lost the game. Had then on the ropes and let them right back in.

Yep. Byproduct of not having a Trice like perimeter player.

With Franklin out, the ball has to go through TJD, wherever we can get him the ball. In the last couple minutes, He turned it over for a layup. And missed a pretty easy play/shot at the end.

it’s probably now up over a dozen times, heck maybe 20 or more, in the last 3 years that we’ve put ourselves in a position to win against really good teams with a couple minutes to go...but didn’t make the plays to do it. Versus very few times we have made the plays.

What a different program we’d be if Archie had somehow gotten, or developed a closer like Trice in his first year or two.

it’s probably now up over a dozen times, heck maybe 20 or more, in the last 3 years that put ourselves in a position to win against really good teams with a couple minutes to go...but didn’t make the plays to do it.
Sounds like we need to see another article about IU finishing games out?

Everyone thought that the Maryland game meant we had figured out how to close out teams.

Obviously, still work to do in that department.

Yep. Byproduct of not having a Trice like perimeter player.

With Franklin out, the ball has to go through TJD, wherever we can get him the ball. In the last couple minutes, He turned it over for a layup. And missed a pretty easy play/shot at the end.

it’s probably now up over a dozen times, heck maybe 20 or more, in the last 3 years that we’ve put ourselves in a position to win against really good teams with a couple minutes to go...but didn’t make the plays to do it. Versus very few times we have made the plays.

What a different program we’d be if Archie had somehow gotten, or developed a closer like Trice in his first year or two.

Like McKinley Wright.

unforced turnovers eg(Trace's handoff for a layup)
Al getting tied up can't happen

I think Hunter hurt IU's chances of winning the game in regulation when he attempted that 3-pointer with less than a minute to go. Had the Hoosiers gone inside and increased their lead to 4, I think they would have hung on for a win. In my opinion, the guards need to dribble penetrate on the majority of IU's possessions and either hit Trace Jackson-Davis for a shot in the paint or go all the way for a layup. That method will get the Hoosiers easy baskets, result in the old-fashioned 3-pointers and get the opponents in foul trouble. Missed outside shots frequently result in fast break baskets for the opponents.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I think Hunter hurt IU's chances of winning the game in regulation when he attempted that 3-pointer with less than a minute to go. Had the Hoosiers gone inside and increased their lead to 4, I think they would have hung on for a win. In my opinion, the guards need to dribble penetrate on the majority of IU's possessions and either hit Trace Jackson-Davis for a shot in the paint or go all the way for a layup. That method will get the Hoosiers easy baskets, result in the old-fashioned 3-pointers and get the opponents in foul trouble. Missed outside shots frequently result in fast break baskets for the opponents.
Agree on the Hunter shot. Very early in shot clock and had we been more patient, most likely could have got a more high percentage shot. Disappointing to say the least.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT