ADVERTISEMENT

Assault on Truth: A book about our president's lies

meridian

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2001
Seattle
A new book "Donald Trump and His Assault on Truth" by Washington Post's "The Fact Checker Staff" is coming out. I am getting it; I need something to entertain myself while I am locked in house doing virtually nothing, well, except for wasting my time in the WaterCooler!

donald-trump-and-his-assault-on-truth-9781982151072_lg.jpg

A new book "Donald Trump and His Assault on Truth" by Washington Post's "The Fact Checker Staff" is coming out. I am getting it; I need something to entertain myself while I am locked in house doing virtually nothing, well, except for wasting my time in the WaterCooler!

You could write a book like this about any present, trump’s book is just probably gonna be a little thicker.

You could write a book like this about any present, trump’s book is just probably gonna be a little thicker.

While I'll grant you that all presidents" have lied about certain issues, the thing with Trump is he seems to lie just to lie. He just makes up outlandish shit for no reason other than he's just pathological. It started with his ridiculous claims about his "Inauguration crowd" - (actually it started long before that), but that was when people really started to call him on it.

The lie he told during the campaign when he was caught making fun of Serge Kovaleski was pretty egregious as well.

I mean it was so transparent that Trump did it intentionally, then he lied and pretended he didn't know Serge. The same Serge who during a 15+ yr career writing for the NY Daily News, wrote numerous articles on Trump, and even spent many hours interviewing Trump in the ofc at Trump Tower.

The man just LIES. It's as if it's second nature...

5657339484307640008b5aa4

Well, we now know that Trump told the truth 1,299,685.098,367,400 times. I think that is the number of times he said "Russia hoax" and each time it was true.

Well, we now know that Trump told the truth 1,299,685.098,367,400 times. I think that is the number of times he said "Russia hoax" and each time it was true.

Lack of evidence that would stand up in court is NOT the same as a "hoax". People just didn't imagine all the connections between various folks on Team Trump and Russia out of thin air...

I am not concerned about present. I am more interested in the future!
Of course, you would say that what else is new?
However, I will give you a credit, for not saying "It is Obama's fault." You have some conscience left. ;):(

Lack of evidence that would stand up in court is NOT the same as a "hoax". People just didn't imagine all the connections between various folks on Team Trump and Russia out of thin air...

The conventional wisdom is that one can never prove a negative. But the point that Trump didn’t collude is about as close to an exception that there is.

I just wonder (and shudder) what the likes of CO would say, had it been Obama instead of Trump. :(

Reactions: BCCHoosier
I am not so sure you can say its about lies. I think a large part of it is that he's just stupid, brainless, dense or all of the above.

Case in point:

(Katie is on Pence's staff who has contracted MikeCorona)

Seriously, what are the entrance exam requirements for UPenn like? I am starting to think my cat can get in at this point.

Yeah, I was stunned to hear that somebody married Stephen Miller. Thoughts and prayers for her. Even more so, for being infected.

Reactions: MaxCoke
I think its fitting that CO liked this post. It’s further proof that he brings no substance to this board.
Yes, it is sad to see him so degenerated.

I have rarely agreed with him, but I used to respect his articulation, and had regarded him as one of those rare conscientious conservatives. I respected him as such.
Now, he has become a full blown Trumpian, eating all those 18,000+ lies, with his mouth wide open!

Amazing and very sad!

Yes, it is sad to see him so degenerated.

I have rarely agreed with him, but I used to respect his articulation, and had regarded him as one of those rare conscientious conservatives. I respected him as such.
Now, he has become a full blown Trumpian, eating all those 18,000+ lies, with his mouth wide open!

Amazing and very sad!

Old dogs don't change. Maybe it's you that has or realised a few things?

Reactions: meridian

You are the most shameless person I've seen on these boards. Always a loophole for the lawyer to crawl through to defend your client. In some ways I appreciate your dedication.

In the end, you have to look yourself in the mirror. Why you defend who you do is your prerogative. I don't find you a very serious person, but rather just a cog in the wheel.

Last edited:
You are the most shameless person I've seen on these boards. Always a loophole for the lawyer to crawl through to defend your client. In some ways I appreciate your dedication.

In the end, you have to look yourself in the mirror. Why you defend who you do is your prerogative. I don't find you a very serious person, but rather just a cog in the wheel.

You take yourself way to seriously. I joked about how many times Trump said “Russia hoax”.

Anyway we now we know for sure there was never any there there.

Instead of defending him, I do agree with several of his policies. And I have often poked fun at his more stupid and petty critics. That is a target rich environment.

Last edited:
You take yourself way to seriously. I joked about how many times Trump said “Russia hoax”.

Anyway we now we know for sure there was never any there there.

Instead of defending him, I do agree with several of his policies. And I have often poked fun at his more stupid and petty critics. That is a target rich environment.

If he was a CEO he would be gone for the government's response to the coronavirus. You may like some of his policies, but the failure of his administration has contributed to thousands of deaths and sent the country on its way to a depression. Meanwhile, other countries have ended infections and are safely restarting their economies.

Are there any chapters in the book regarding John Miller or John Baron?

That’s hilarious you think Russia was a hoax when it’s been proven unequivocally. I’m sure you think Coronavirus is a hoax too. If Trump says it, COH has to bend into a pretzel to rationalize it.

They’ll all get it and say it was no big deal. The test was worse. It was like a cold or the flu. Then any of them that really do get sick will be in hiding to keep the narrative going.

What does contact tracing/community testing data tell us about actual probability of #COVID19 transmission(infection rate), high risk environments/age? (Long thread)

Summary:

While the infectious inoculum required for infection is unknown, these studies indicate that close & prolonged contact is required for #COVID19 transmission. The risk is highest in enclosed environments; household, long-term care facilities and public transport.

High infection rates seen in household, friend & family gatherings, transport suggest that closed contacts in congregation is likely the key driver of productive transmission. Casual, short interactions are not the main driver of the epidemic though keep social distancing!

Increased rates of infection seen in enclosed & connected environments is in keeping with high infection rates seen in megacities, deprived areas, shelters. A recent preprint demonstrates that #COVID19 epidemic intensity is strongly shaped by crowding

In conclusion, contact tracing data is crucial to understand real transmission dynamics.

Cautionary note: This data & interpretation is based on the available evidence as of May 4th. Our understanding might change based on community testing/lifting lockdown measures.

Reactions: Spartans9312
What does contact tracing/community testing data tell us about actual probability of #COVID19 transmission(infection rate), high risk environments/age? (Long thread)

Summary:

While the infectious inoculum required for infection is unknown, these studies indicate that close & prolonged contact is required for #COVID19 transmission. The risk is highest in enclosed environments; household, long-term care facilities and public transport.

High infection rates seen in household, friend & family gatherings, transport suggest that closed contacts in congregation is likely the key driver of productive transmission. Casual, short interactions are not the main driver of the epidemic though keep social distancing!

Increased rates of infection seen in enclosed & connected environments is in keeping with high infection rates seen in megacities, deprived areas, shelters. A recent preprint demonstrates that #COVID19 epidemic intensity is strongly shaped by crowding

In conclusion, contact tracing data is crucial to understand real transmission dynamics.

Cautionary note: This data & interpretation is based on the available evidence as of May 4th. Our understanding might change based on community testing/lifting lockdown measures.
Helpful info.

Helpful info.

There are people outside the Trump orbit who are seeing a global picture and combining the various efforts around the world.
This is why Trump's decision to pull away from the WHO and the global cooperation/efforts will be further detrimental to the lives of bystanding American citizens.

There are people outside the Trump orbit who are seeing a global picture and combining the various efforts around the world.
This is why Trump's decision to pull away from the WHO and the global cooperation/efforts will be further detrimental to the lives of bystanding American citizens.
Yeah I’m with trump on that one. I’m skeptical of all these world outfits (see fifa) and unless and until we audit and vet them thoroughly I think withholding payments is prudent. I’m also not for paying for the rest of the world. The US has subsidized too many countries for too long, including our WHO contribution comparative levels.

A central tenet of any nonprofit or governmental origination is to always ask for more money. Whether it’s the United way or an agency. You never ask for the same or lower funding. We find way too much at levels that aren’t fair. If we audit WHO find it’s an asset great let’s fund it but at levels on par with other countries.

Last edited:
Liar ....
That’s hilarious you think Russia was a hoax when it’s been proven unequivocally. I’m sure you think Coronavirus is a hoax too. If Trump says it, COH has to bend into a pretzel to rationalize it.

You guys are a riot. Give me your list of all who testified under oath that they saw evidence that the FBI, CIA, SC, or anybody produced that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

Yeah I’m with trump on that one. I’m skeptical of all these world outfits (see fifa) and unless and until we audit and vet them thoroughly I think withholding payments is prudent. I’m also not for paying for the rest of the world. The US has subsidized too many countries for too long, including our WHO contribution comparative levels.

The US govt barely contributes that much:

In April, the White House announced it would be suspending financial support for WHO pending a review of the organization’s activities related to the COVID-19 pandemic, with President Trump stating the U.S. contributes “between $400 million and $500 million per year to the WHO.”1 Assessed contributions from the U.S. to the WHO have ranged from $107 to $119 million over the last decade. The U.S. has also made additional voluntary contributions, ranging from $102 to $401 million per year. The rest is made up of private donations.
https://www.kff.org/global-health-p...government-and-the-world-health-organization/

There seems to be a lot of stigmatisation of charitable organisations lately as some Illuminati hidden hands. Gates Foundation, WHO etc.

Its all re-direction in my opinion.

Huh? That's crazy. Which global cooperation and efforts has Trump pulled away from?

Actually just the opposite. Trump brags often about Project Airbridge and providing our now oversupply of ventilators to countries which need them. Trump's cooperation is actually doing stuff, not holding Zoom meetings among the numerous over-paid bureaucrats.

The US govt barely contributes that much:

In April, the White House announced it would be suspending financial support for WHO pending a review of the organization’s activities related to the COVID-19 pandemic, with President Trump stating the U.S. contributes “between $400 million and $500 million per year to the WHO.”1 Assessed contributions from the U.S. to the WHO have ranged from $107 to $119 million over the last decade. The U.S. has also made additional voluntary contributions, ranging from $102 to $401 million per year. The rest is made up of private donations.
https://www.kff.org/global-health-p...government-and-the-world-health-organization/

There seems to be a lot of stigmatisation of charitable organisations lately as some Illuminati hidden hands. Gates Foundation, WHO etc.

Its all re-direction in my opinion.
The US contributes more than any other country. That needs to change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT