ADVERTISEMENT

Archie shouldnt survive this season.

How about revoking some scholarships..
These guys are talking a good game that in the summer they're working on their game..
Pretenders..

I don’t think he stinks but I hate the pack line defense. Just play straight man and teach these guys how to stay in front of their man. We give up way to many wide open threes.
Dude, it doesn’t matter what defense we play. We have 3-4 players who are having to get a lot of minutes who wouldn’t be able to play any defense. Smith loses his man at least once every possession. Morgan is our best rim protector. And half the players cannot consistently stop the drive or close out effectively.

Reactions: TspringsBoiler
UK had the jewels to cut ties with BCG after just two years. Immediately got their guy. But then again they have an administration serious about winning. Fred is too busy streamlining a cutting edge bill of rights.

Archie will not be fired after this season. Nor should he be.

But I do suspect he’ll be put on notice that results haven’t met expectations and that he has one more season to meet them.

Reactions: hondo314

But I do suspect he’ll be put on notice that results haven’t met expectations and that he has one more season to meet them.

It’s bigger than Archie or Allen. The culture at the top has to change. Replacing coaches is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Dude, it doesn’t matter what defense we play. We have 3-4 players who are having to get a lot of minutes who wouldn’t be able to play any defense. Smith loses his man at least once every possession. Morgan is our best rim protector. And half the players cannot consistently stop the drive or close out effectively.
Another let’s point out Smith when I see guards who can’t stop players from driving to the rim. It’s starts with stopping the drives to the basket and you won’t have so many open threes.

the usual suspects

The usual snowflake.

2s2k0g.jpg

Again with this?

He's under contract until 2024. Fully paid out through March 2022.

What school do you think you are cheering for that you see them paying out $3.5m/yr for 3 years straight + hiring a new coach at $4m+ (which it would take, after canning a guy after 3 seasons).

And you'd hire who, at that point? We took our shot at the homerun guy in Billy D, who was basically the only guy that would have been able to (maybe) immediately turn a sinking ship. He passed.

A premature firing will make this job more toxic than it already is. We've been burning through coaches for closing in on 2 decades. We're like fkn Illinois.

Last edited:
Again with this?

He's under contract until 2024. Fully paid out through March 2022.

What school do you think you are cheering for that you see them paying out $3.5m/yr for 3 years straight + hiring a new coach at $4m+ (which it would take, after canning a guy after 3 seasons).

And you'd hire who, at that point? We took our shot at the homerun guy in Billy D, who was basically the only guy that would have been able to (maybe) immediately turn a sinking ship. He passed.

A premature firing will make this job more toxic than it already is. We've been burning through coaches for closing in on 2 decades. We're like fkn Illinois.

Davis got six years. Crean got nine. Both were given plenty of time to succeed and both failed.

You’re an idiot. This was never going to be a two year rebuild. Who do you think would take the IU job with the moron fan base you represent so well?
Is this a rebuild though? I know he needs to get his own kids, but he kept all of the kids in Crean's class from the year he came, plus Juwan Morgan, Devonte Green, Deron Davis, etc. I wouldn't consider it a rebuild, but of course he needs & deserves time to see what he can do. No question though, these last 2 weeks have been an alarming disaster. This level of play shouldn't happen at any time, with any team. It's worrisome.

Is this a rebuild though? I know he needs to get his own kids, but he kept all of the kids in Crean's class from the year he came, plus Juwan Morgan, Devonte Green, Deron Davis, etc. I wouldn't consider it a rebuild, but of course he needs & deserves time to see what he can do. No question though, these last 2 weeks have been an alarming disaster. This level of play shouldn't happen at any time, with any team. It's worrisome.

One of Crean’s teams from 2008-2010 would beat this current clown show if matched up against each other. That is saying something.

He flat out stinks.

I usually think a coach should have the opportunity to put a roster together of his own recruits.

I wouldn't have believed that I would turn on Miller this early, especially with all of the injuries, but I think I've been officially flipped to the dark side.

I like so much about Archie, but now I'm thinking back to the twinges of doubt that crept in after the Fort Wayne drubbing last season.

Realistically, you've probably got to give him more time, but I no longer believe that the extra time will be anything more than lost time.

I wouldn't be opposed to Buzz Williams or Greg Marshall at this point. At least they would get us back to relevancy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT