ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone I like on here able to go to the game tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
I will be stuck holding an open house in Columbus Indiana for a solar project. You can also come to that and support the project! Lol.

2 Phenomenal seats.

I will be stuck holding an open house in Columbus Indiana for a solar project. You can also come to that and support the project! Lol.

2 Phenomenal seats.
Wish I could but the main water line is leaking at the my Hoosier homestead. Just my luck. 🤣

Reactions: Cavanagh
Long time lurker from Seymour. I could go. How much for tickets. ? Can they be picked up in Columbus?

2 Phenomenal seats.
I could use them. How much and could they be picked up in Columbus?

Long time lurker from Seymour. I could go. How much for tickets. ? Can they be picked up in Columbus?
I can transfer to your email all tickets are on your phone now. Since I don’t know you I’d give you a hell of a deal $200 total. Bleacher seats, back on concrete, at the FT line, behind Fran.

I can transfer to your email all tickets are on your phone now. Since I don’t know you I’d give you a hell of a deal $200 total. Bleacher seats, back on concrete, at the FT line, behind Fran.
Guess I better paas. Venmo acount on phone messed up. Thanks for f the opportunity

2 Phenomenal seats.
What do you mean "stuck" in Columbus, IN - it's God's country and you're blessed to be able to spend time here (I know, I'm biased). Where is your project?
Oh and, I have friends who would love to have those seats at that price if someone hasn't already claimed them.

Last edited:
How much are willing to pay me to not transfer any to you?

In all seriousness, I've donated to the Hoosier Ticket Project a few times. Great organization if you ever have tix looking for a home.

What do you mean "stuck" in Columbus, IN - it's God's country and you're blessed to be able to spend time here (I know, I'm biased). Where is your project?
I have spent a ton of time there as of late. We have about 1800 acres we have signed up for a solar project right outside the city limits on the south east side. Will have a BZA meeting for the city and the county back to back nights in late February to see if it will be approved or not.

Open house is to invite the public and answer questions.

Reactions: kkott
I have spent a ton of time there as of late. We have about 1800 acres we have signed up for a solar project right outside the city limits on the south east side. Will have a BZA meeting for the city and the county back to back nights in late February to see if it will be approved or not.

Open house is to invite the public and answer questions.
I’d go to the open house if I weren’t going to the game. Is your open house at City Hall?

I went through the numbers a couple times for rooftop in Houston and couldn’t make it work even with the rebate. It was abut 20 year payout with a useful life of 20 years. Too much overcast and high temps reducing cell efficiency and too good kilowatt hour rates from the usual supplier if you shopped.

I went through the numbers a couple times for rooftop in Houston and couldn’t make it work even with the rebate. It was abut 20 year payout with a useful life of 20 years. Too much overcast and high temps reducing cell efficiency and too good kilowatt hour rates from the usual supplier if you shopped.
Do the numbers look good for the landowner if arable land or do you lease wooded land for clearing? 1800 acres is a good sized block for arable land.
I don’t know anything about residential. Utility scale we offer around $1200 an acre with a 2% increase a year for the life of the project (40 years). It depends by I like to just lease tillable acreage. You can lease wooded areas, and they can be cleared if the landowner is cool with it, but that is another expense and not a cheap one. Normally don’t like to clear.

The 1800 acres only about half will actually have a fence around solar panels. Columbus and many other county’s have insane setbacks from neighboring property lines. In this case, 300 feet, which is nuts.

I don’t know anything about residential. Utility scale we offer around $1200 an acre with a 2% increase a year for the life of the project (40 years). It depends by I like to just lease tillable acreage. You can lease wooded areas, and they can be cleared if the landowner is cool at itwith it, but that is another expense and not a cheap one. Normally don’t like to clear.

The 1800 acres only about half will actually have a fence around solar panels. Columbus and many other county’s have insane setbacks from neighboring property lines. In this case, 300 feet, which is nuts.
Yes, tillable not arable. That seems like a very attractive lease rate for tillable land for the landowner looking at current corn price and probable yield.

I just took a quick look and am sure you have good people looking at it and 40 years is a long period but $1200/ acre seems high.

Last edited:
Yes, tillable not arable. That seems like a very attractive lease rate for tillable land for the landowner looking at current corn price and probable yield.

I just took a quick look and am sure you have good people looking at it and 40 years is a long period but $1200/ acre seems high.
I’ve signed probably 20k acres in the Midwest last 3-4 years. Some of the smartest and wealthiest farmers have done deals with me.

I went to a guys house in missouri last week that had a 18k square feet castle. Had a movie theatre room and about 10 gun rooms like nothing I have ever seen. 1400 guns he told me.

Neat.
The unofficial state motto of Texas is-You can never have too many guns. Sounds like a good man but wouldn’t cross him on lease payments. :)

You are destroying our food supply! I have a roof top solar system on my house, and this year the month of January has been just plain awful! In the winter time you only get 5 or 6 hours at the most of solar collection, and you need batteries, a lot of batteries to store that energy! And that is your downfall. You slap a ton solar panels on a productive farm land and it works great in the summer for about 10 hours a day, but when the sun goes down, you get nothing! Most people want power 24/7. The problem is that solar is being sold as the solution to our problem instead of the bandaid is actually is! And the batteries required to make it a full functioning system will destroy our environment!

You are destroying our food supply! I have a roof top solar system on my house, and this year the month of January has been just plain awful! In the winter time you only get 5 or 6 hours at the most of solar collection, and you need batteries, a lot of batteries to store that energy! And that is your downfall. You slap a ton solar panels on a productive farm land and it works great in the summer for about 10 hours a day, but when the sun goes down, you get nothing! Most people want power 24/7. The problem is that solar is being sold as the solution to our problem instead of the bandaid is actually is! And the batteries required to make it a full functioning system will destroy our environment!

The efficiency between utility and residential is night and day. Please speak on your rooftop efficiency, but you have no idea what you are talking about with industrial. They collect an amount that they say they will, almost to a T. If we build a 200 MW project, we add 200MW to the grid, and are paid to do so. There are no if ands or buts. It adds exact MWs to the grid. BESS (battery storage) is also becoming rapid next to substations in the midwest.

If you get a bonus for lower lease rates you should try for lower rates. The expected net profit from the agricultural use of the land is almost certainly below $1200/acre.
Trust me, I would lease everyone for $500 if I could.

The efficiency between utility and residential is night and day. Please speak on your rooftop effencency, but you have no idea what you are talking about with industrial. They collect an amount that they say they will, almost to a T. If we build a 200 MW project, we add 200MW to the grid, and are paid to do so. There are no if ands or buts. It adds exact MWs to the grid. BESS (battery storage) is also becoming rapid next to substations in the midwest.
What’s the subsidy payment to the companies?

The efficiency between utility and residential is night and day. Please speak on your rooftop effencency, but you have no idea what you are talking about with industrial. They collect an amount that they say they will, almost to a T. If we build a 200 MW project, we add 200MW to the grid, and are paid to do so. There are no if ands or buts. It adds exact MWs to the grid. BESS (battery storage) is also becoming rapid next to substations in the midwest.
In Spain a number of years ago someone noticed that the solar farms were producing a lot of electricity at night. Strange they thought and so checked it out. It turned out that the government incentives were so attractive that solar operators were leasing generators and paying for fuel and still making a profit.

• Haha
What’s the subsidy payment to the companies?
Nothing that moves the needle. Big misconsemption for Utility scale. They would be doing this no matter what. It is cheaper to do solar than coal or natural gas. Forget all the save the planet stuff, it is the cheapest way to create electricity right now, that is why it is the gold rush of energy. Being cleaner is a nice talking point, but don't get it twisted, money is driving this boom.

I don’t know anything about residential. Utility scale we offer around $1200 an acre with a 2% increase a year for the life of the project (40 years). It depends by I like to just lease tillable acreage. You can lease wooded areas, and they can be cleared if the landowner is cool with it, but that is another expense and not a cheap one. Normally don’t like to clear.

So YOU'RE the guy behind all of those "say no to solar" yard signs I see in that part of the county!!! ;)

Reactions: Spartans9312
Nothing that moves the needle. Big misconsemption for Utility scale. They would be doing this no matter what. It is cheaper to do solar than coal or natural gas. Forget all the save the planet stuff, it is the cheapest way to create electricity right now, that is why it is the gold rush of energy. Being cleaner is a nice talking point, but don't get it twisted, money is driving this boom.
What happens if a company leases all this land and puts in panels then goes bankrupt?

Who cleans up the panels?
Who pays the landowner?

So YOU'RE the guy behind all of those "say no to solar" yard signs I see in that part of the county!!! ;)
100%. They started with me in Shelby and Boone county in about 2020. Little did I know what I was getting myself into back then.

What happens if a company leases all this land and puts in panels then goes bankrupt?

Who cleans up the panels?
Who pays the landowner?
Most counties have an ordinance that states the company has to post a bond pre construction for the total cost of decommission (renew it every 5 years for inflation), but any savy landowner will write that into his lease.

The efficiency between utility and residential is night and day. Please speak on your rooftop efficiency, but you have no idea what you are talking about with industrial. They collect an amount that they say they will, almost to a T. If we build a 200 MW project, we add 200MW to the grid, and are paid to do so. There are no if ands or buts. It adds exact MWs to the grid. BESS (battery storage) is also becoming rapid next to substations in the midwest.
You still have the problem that the sun only shines at most 50% of the time and problably less with weather factored in! No doubt they are trying to rapidly add battieries storage to the systems because they know the public will quickly figure out the negative of solar power. It is going to take a massive amount of batteries to store 200 MW, and like EV owners are finding out that when they need new batteries for EV it will cost them a arm and leg, because batteries are EXPENSIVE. I understand the efficiency between residential and utility might be night and day, the system is basically the same! The problem is we are currently adding millions of people across our Southern border and will need all the farm land to grow enough food for the masses. Solar technology will come, but now it is to expensive, to destructive to the environment, and will cause more harm and expense to our quality of life.

100%. They started with me in Shelby and Boone county in about 2020. Little did I know what I was getting myself into back then.
I have no skin in the game, I just have traveled that route quite a bit the last 5 years (I live in a different county). As an aside, I'm for solar when/where it works. I always get a chuckle from the signs people put on their property protesting what SOMEONE ELSE wants to do with THIER property. But, that's just the libertarian streak in me lol.

The problem is we are currently adding millions of people across our Southern border and will need all the farm land to grow enough food for the masses.
You realize 50% of the corm in IN goes to ethanol right? Soy beans and Corn aren't feeding the masses. If all the solar projects in IN got approved (5-10% might actually happen) it wouldn't make a dent on food.

I have no skin in the game, I just have traveled that route quite a bit the last 5 years (I live in a different county). As an aside, I'm for solar when/where it works. I always get a chuckle from the signs people put on their property protesting what SOMEONE ELSE wants to do with THIER property. But, that's just the libertarian streak in me lol.
You don't know how much pleasure I get looking dead into the eyes of a raging republican trying to control his neighbors property rights and earning power. Asking them if they support communist china is always a good conversation starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT