ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone catch this? WTF is Whitmer thinking?

This proves how little these politicians actually care about our lives and this has all been about power and control

Reactions: ulrey
Do you have a better idea?
Really? Were getting ready TODAY to put my mother in law in an assisted care facility from a hospital. Most won't even take patients with respiratory conditions which she has. I certainly would not even consider it up in Michigan and make some other arrangement. What would you propose? That broad (Whitmer) is ****ed up in the head.

Reactions: ulrey
And do you have a better idea?
Cuomo did the same thing while the Javits Center and Comfort sat empty. There are no field hospitals in Michigan? You think delivering the virus to the most vulnerable and susceptible population in the world is an acceptable course of action?

Really? Were getting ready TODAY to put my mother in law in an assisted care facility from a hospital. Most won't even take patients with respiratory conditions which she has. I certainly would not even consider it up in Michigan and make some other arrangement. What would you propose? That broad (Whitmer) is ****ed up in the head.

I did hospice with both of my parents at home. There are no good alternatives. Just some, hopefully, that are less bad. Hope things work out for your family.

Cuomo did the same thing while the Javits Center and Comfort sat empty. There are no field hospitals in Michigan? You think delivering the virus to the most vulnerable and susceptible population in the world is an acceptable course of action?

Again, do you have a better idea? Are you suggesting building field hospitals at the state level? Because Trump doesn’t even want to deal with masks.

This is going to largely be behind us by Memorial Day (unless our imbecile Vice President was talking about 2021).

When we look back at how we dealt with the pandemic, I've got a feeling a good many state politicians will realize nursing homes didn't pass muster. They will tell themselves, "If I had only known".

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Nah, didn’t see this. Too busy trying to figure out why Trump fired four IGs in the past six weeks.
Not trying to get off topic but, obama holdovers need released yesterday. Hopefully Fauci and Birx are next and someone else who knows wtf they are talking about gives us better opinions. AND we should not settle for just one opinion either just like when my doctor suggested surgery I got 3 different opinions. jus sayin.

Not trying to get off topic but, obama holdovers need released yesterday. Hopefully Fauci and Birx are next and someone else who knows wtf they are talking about gives us better opinions. AND we should not settle for just one opinion either just like when my doctor suggested surgery I got 3 different opinions. jus sayin.

I would like to believe people who hold top level positions such as Fauci and Birx are getting opinions from several people daily.

Please inject bleach and help out all humanity.

From the article:

"The order requires long-term care facilities with less than 80% capacity to create COVID-19 units and to accept infected patients."

I'll grant you it sounds odd, but it's been in place since mid-April (according to the article), so why so much outrage now? What has changed?

I'd like to hear the reasoning. It may not be readily apparent. The fellowship hall of an organization I belong to recently opened up -- with restrictions. They all made perfect sense to me except one. When the reasoning was explained to me it was like "Duh!" The restriction then made perfect sense, and I was grateful those making the decisions had thought things through as thoroughly as they had.

At a time when governors in some states were concerned about hospitals being overwhelmed with Covid 19 patients, it would seem logical to request nursing homes with medical care facilities similar to hospitals to help out with the case load.

Having said that, in retrospect some nursing homes and hospital units for that matter may have failed in protecting and treating patients.

Reactions: sglowrider
At a time when governors in some states were concerned about hospitals being overwhelmed with Covid 19 patients, it would seem logical to request nursing homes with medical care facilities similar to hospitals to help out with the case load.
Makes sense, at least at the time. Not sure where Michigan stands right now regarding hospital capacity, so don't know if the same reasoning would apply. Of course, that assumes that was their reasoning.
Having said that, in retrospect some nursing homes and hospital units for that matter may have failed in protecting and treating patients.
Didn't catch much of it, but heard Cuomo talking at noontime about the infection rate of nurses and doctors being less that the general population. Surely counter-intuitive if true.

Reactions: sglowrider
From the article:

"The order requires long-term care facilities with less than 80% capacity to create COVID-19 units and to accept infected patients."

I'll grant you it sounds odd, but it's been in place since mid-April (according to the article), so why so much outrage now? What has changed?
She renewed it against the advice of many.

Whitmer, by contrast, renewed her initial order when it expired last week, extending it with an identical mandate — disregarding the concerns and advice of nursing home advocates and legislators.

Elderly people have needlessly been exposed to the virus and died as a result of this order.

The letter states: "I believe that this reckless and negligent policy, which was instituted despite the written opposition of the Health Care Association of Michigan, has resulted in the illness and death of many of Michigan’s elderly and infirm residents..."

The elderly is where you have to put on the brakes here cmon man. If there is anything we have learned so far its the elderly are most vulnerable. Her actions are sick!

Nah, didn’t see this. Too busy trying to figure out why Trump fired four IGs in the past six weeks.
She renewed it against the advice of many.

Whitmer, by contrast, renewed her initial order when it expired last week, extending it with an identical mandate — disregarding the concerns and advice of nursing home advocates and legislators.

Elderly people have needlessly been exposed to the virus and died as a result of this order.

The letter states: "I believe that this reckless and negligent policy, which was instituted despite the written opposition of the Health Care Association of Michigan, has resulted in the illness and death of many of Michigan’s elderly and infirm residents..."

The elderly is where you have to put on the brakes here cmon man. If there is anything we have learned so far its the elderly are most vulnerable. Her actions are sick!

Why aren't you mentioning that she only renewed the order for 1 week? The article even says that her intention may be to review the policy and decide what alterations to make.

Why aren't you mentioning that she only renewed the order for 1 week? The article even says that her intention may be to review the policy and decide what alterations to make.
How long has she had? It also says the state keeps crappy records? How do you keep crappy records involving life and death?

Also keep in mind that the "article" is actually an editorial calling for her to end the policy. So without other references I doubt we're getting the whole story.

Reactions: cosmickid
How long has she had? It also says the state keeps crappy records? How do you keep crappy records involving life and death?

Well, she's had other problems to deal with- trying to keep people safe, an infestation of armed inbred hill jacks blocking the streets with their pickups and marching on the Statehouse demanding that she open the state up...

Well, she's had other problems to deal with- trying to keep people safe, an infestation of armed inbred hill jacks blocking the streets with their pickups and marching on the Statehouse demanding that she open the state up...
Ohhh you mean the people that want to go back to work. Whatever...Its their constitutional right to go back to work. She wouldn't have these problems if she opened up and wasn't playing Hitler. Now she is acting like nursing homes are her concentration camps! Whack Job! I suppose you support her too.

It's her call and I would assume she has made this decision because she thinks it is the right approach.
But I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with your statement.

Ohhh you mean the people that want to go back to work. Whatever...Its their constitutional right to go back to work. She wouldn't have these problems if she opened up and wasn't playing Hitler. Now she is acting like nursing homes are her concentration camps! Whack Job! I suppose you support her too.
Godwin.

Which one of these new nutjobs was it that went ape shit when I mentioned Hitler a few days ago?

Reactions: bawlmer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT