ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone catch this? WTF is Whitmer thinking?

it was me because your uneducated ass actually tried comparing trump to hitler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles about Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, saying: "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."[12] In August 2017, Godwin made similar remarks on social networking websites Facebook and Twitter with respect to the two previous days' Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, endorsing and encouraging efforts to compare its alt-right organizers to Nazis.[13][14][15][16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles about Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, saying: "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."[12] In August 2017, Godwin made similar remarks on social networking websites Facebook and Twitter with respect to the two previous days' Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, endorsing and encouraging efforts to compare its alt-right organizers to Nazis.[13][14][15][16]

Citing Wikipedia, nice

Makes sense, at least at the time. Not sure where Michigan stands right now regarding hospital capacity, so don't know if the same reasoning would apply. Of course, that assumes that was their reasoning.

Didn't catch much of it, but heard Cuomo talking at noontime about the infection rate of nurses and doctors being less that the general population. Surely counter-intuitive if true.
I tend to believe it. After all, those are nurses and doctors who know the drill, not the billing department employees who share the printer and coffee pot or the custodians who clean the floors and toilets and dump the kleenex out of the patients' wastebaskets.

Ohhh you mean the people that want to go back to work. Whatever...Its their constitutional right to go back to work. She wouldn't have these problems if she opened up and wasn't playing Hitler. Now she is acting like nursing homes are her concentration camps! Whack Job! I suppose you support her too.
It's good for you that Trump told you to attack her and what to say. Otherwise, I don't think you would have figured it out on your own.

Well, she's had other problems to deal with- trying to keep people safe, an infestation of armed inbred hill jacks blocking the streets with their pickups and marching on the Statehouse demanding that she open the state up...
Mark my word, you'll soon hear from Trump blaming her for the flooding. You can count on it.

Do you have a better idea?

What the do here is that they have step-up and step down facilities. They know that 40-60% of the cases are asymptomatic and at worse mild. Therefore many of those tested positive are put into temporarily converted facilities -- from exhibition halls, to hotels for step-up and cruise ships for step down. They have all medical staff in attendance but pretty bare. Free food, wifi clean beds etc. Telemedicine facilities to talk to a doctor in case you think your condition is starting to deteriorate -- then the doctor will see you personally before deciding to escalate it into a hospital scenario.

This way there is plenty of capacity at the hospitals have plenty of capacity, ICUs have a light load.

Active cases: 18,135
- in hospitals: 954 (11 in ICU)
- In community facilities: 17,181

Fatalities: 22
Total discharged: 11,207
- Discharged today: 842

Total cases: 29,364

I tend to believe it. After all, those are nurses and doctors who know the drill, not the billing department employees who share the printer and coffee pot or the custodians who clean the floors and toilets and dump the kleenex out of the patients' wastebaskets.

Idaho specifically lists the number of Covid cases for healthcare workers. 300 cases, 2200 cases for general pop excluding healthcare. Just a guess, but that seems like a high percentage for healthcare vs general pop. I don't know the number of healthcare workers in Idaho, and who exactly is counted in that group (is it just dr/nurses, or are they including the billing department, who are filthy animals. :)

What to do with recovering COVID patients that no longer need hospital care is a real problem. Without an easy solution.

What to do with recovering COVID patients that no longer need hospital care is a real problem. Without an easy solution.

That's why there needs to be both step-up facilities and step down facilities. They herd the migrant workers here onto cruise ships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT