ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know what this guy was charged with?

IUCrazy2

Hall of Famer
Mar 7, 2004

Seems a bit over the top if he wasn't involved in anything violent.

By the way, when conservatives talk about double standards and two tiers to the justice system, this is the optics they are talking about. Unless this guy killed someone or was an active threat to do so, then sending this kind of presence out to grab him is ridiculously over the top.

So WTF is this guy accused of other than protesting?

By the way, when conservatives talk about double standards and two tiers to the justice system, this is the optics they are talking about. Unless this guy killed someone or was an active threat to do so, then sending this kind of presence out to grab him is ridiculously over the top.

Assault on a federal officer.

Article I read said he picked up pepper spray and sprayed it at cap police protestors. Way over the top response

If he entered the Capitol during the incident, he was violent.

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Who knows. Absurd
F98pDAAXsAAFSWx

Bowlmania mentioned below that he was charged with assault on a federal officer. When the FBI went to serve his warrant, he fled.

What do you think happens when you're charged with assault on a federal officer and you make a run for it? I don't think it matters how you vote in that case.

This is what you said that I replied to.

If he entered the Capitol during the incident, he was violent.

What you said here was not part of that post

Under force it is, and if you have a weapon, it certainly is.

You moved the goalposts. You have to use the weapon to commit a violent act BTW.

Your side and people your side covers for do it too and more frequently in state capitols, supreme court nominations ect.

The "summer of love" federal officers and property were attacked by criminals on your side.

You moved the goalposts. You have to use the weapon to commit a violent act BTW.

Your side and people your side covers for do it too and more frequently in state capitols, supreme court nominations ect.

The "summer of love" federal officers and property were attacked by criminals on your side.
Forgive me for not detailing his entire rap sheet for you. It doesn't changes his charges just because I didn't enumerate all of them for you. How disingenuous are you?

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Simply entering a building is not a violent act.
Context and location is important.

Walking into your local library when they're about to close is a minor inconvenience.

Joining a mob heading into the US Capitol that has intentions of overturning a US presidential election carries significant more weight.

If you think walking into the Capitol uninvited/unannounced is so ho-hum, I invite you to try at your nearest convenience. Unless you're on some sort of invited list, if you persist in trying to enter the Capitol after being told not to do so will get you shot. There is a precedent for this.

Forgive me for not detailing his entire rap sheet for you. It doesn't changes his charges just because I didn't enumerate all of them for you. How disingenuous are you?
Apparently not disingenuous enough to equate “entering the building“ and “entering the building with a weapon.”

Put down the pipe and back away from the bar Bloom. You’re starting to stagger.

Under force it is, and if you have a weapon, it certainly is.

You don't need a weapon to commit violence, but simply entering a building is not violent even if you are uninvited. You must use our threaten physical force against a person or property. So trespassing is not violent, but B&E is.

Context and location is important.

Walking into your local library when they're about to close is a minor inconvenience.

Joining a mob heading into the US Capitol that has intentions of overturning a US presidential election carries significant more weight.

If you think walking into the Capitol uninvited/unannounced is so ho-hum, I invite you to try at your nearest convenience. Unless you're on some sort of invited list, if you persist in trying to enter the Capitol after being told not to do so will get you shot. There is a precedent for this.
I'm not talking about this guy specifically.

I am pointing out the first post of blooms I quoted. He said entering a building is violent. It is not a violent act by definition. Dem protesters enter government buildings and state houses and disrupt discourse way more often. They also attacked federal officers and damaged federal property in 2020.

Both side are culpable for protesting inside government buildings.

I'm not talking about this guy specifically.

I am pointing out the first post of blooms I quoted. He said entering a building is violent. It is not a violent act by definition. Dem protesters enter government buildings and state houses and disrupt discourse way more often. They also attacked federal officers and damaged federal property in 2020.

That's a false equivalence. And a glaring one at that.

Yes, several people have protested/trespassed in federal buildings for reasons that span the political spectrum. That much is true.

Being a part of a mob entering the US Capitol with the intent of overturning a presidential election - or at the very least impeding the process - is a big effin' deal.

Have you ever been to the Capitol?

Dem protesters enter government buildings and state houses and disrupt discourse way more often. They also attacked federal officers and damaged federal property in 2020.

Dem protesters don’t do it by breaking through doors and windows to enter. They walk through open, unlocked doors. I noticed you conveniently left out that important distinction as to what makes one a crime and the other just a protest.

Bowlmania mentioned below that he was charged with assault on a federal officer. When the FBI went to serve his warrant, he fled.

What do you think happens when you're charged with assault on a federal officer and you make a run for it? I don't think it matters how you vote in that case.
He's lucky they didn't shoot him.

Dem protesters don’t do it by breaking through doors and windows to enter. They walk through open, unlocked doors. I noticed you conveniently left out that important distinction as to what makes one a crime and the other just a protest.
Were you in a coma during the summer of love? Or just stuck in your Bloomington bubble still?

Before the "summer of love"... Which side does it more often?

That's a false equivalence. And a glaring one at that.

Yes, several people have protested/trespassed in federal buildings for reasons that span the political spectrum. That much is true.

Being a part of a mob entering the US Capitol with the intent of overturning a presidential election - or at the very least impeding the process - is a big effin' deal.

Have you ever been to the Capitol?
Do you not remember the Kavanagh hearings?

They just destroy federal property and use lasers to try to blind federal officers.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
What I say doesn't change his official charges. I tried to keep it simple by saying he entered the Capitol. Then he went all Greg Brady on me.

Quick...call the Feds. Tell them Bloom. from Rivals said all he did was enter the Capitol!
You conveniently leave out the part where you said entering a building is a violent act. That is what I'm pointing out because it's incorrect by definition. Good lord you're dense and a tool.

If he is being charged, it was violent.

But you knoew that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT