ADVERTISEMENT

If they're looney tunes, then why can they buy guns?

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
So should TDS (Trumpian Delusion sentiment) be classified as a mental disease? Two, and I'm sure there are likely many more, recent examples of people so invested in Trump that they turned to violence over their belief the election was "stolen"...This guy killed his wife...

This guy dressed up in camo and a "rainbow wig" took a loaded weapon out "hunting Democrats" at Dairy Queen. I'm wondering- did he think the Queen was a hangout for drag queens, and correlate in his mind that everyone there was a "Democrat"? They did find additional weapons in his car, btw...

Is this clown the ringleader, and should he be held responsible?

We had a thread on here condemning Schumer as "inciting violence" towards Kavanaugh for a speech he made TWO YEARS AGO in which he warned various SCOTUS Justices of political consequences if they lied about Roe. Many on here made the correlation (spurred on by right wing media) with the guy who showed up outside of Kav's residence with a loaded weapon TWO YEARS later, and blamed him for "inciting violence"...

Now beyond the fact that similar episodes of threatened violence against Biden/Family preceded the Kav event (with nary a peep from the folks in that thread), and a right wing nut had actually murdered a retired Fed judge and threatened the Governors of both MI and WI in his manifesto (and again crickets) the week BEFORE the threat to Kav, I took the inherent hypocrisy of that thread with a grain of salt.

But several went out of their way to not only condemn Schumer for something he said TWO YEARS ago and WALKED BACK the NEXT DAY, but several were also insistent that Schumer should be charged for "inciting violence". Of course two years basically destroys the imminence requirement for inciting violence, but that didn't matter to some of the more zealous respondents in the thread...

Take bailey for example...

"You are going to get nothing but no's from this board but in the real non fake message board world tons would say yes. Just like the liberal looking to kill kavanaugh it's barely mentioned in the left wing news but if it was a liberal justice it would be nonstop 24/7 news and the we would be told the guy is a righ wing exstremist, etc. Bowlmania and his merry band of leftists would be beating the drum nonstop about it."

Obviously the bolded is false, since the times people were found near Biden or Jill with loaded weapons, and the Judge killed the week before the Kav incident were not even mentioned on this board at the time. I just wonder if the same folks who posted condemning Schumer and even suggested he should be charged are going to step up and condemn the past month or so of speeches and pseudo tweets by Trump, which do nothing but Promote violence?

So should TDS (Trumpian Delusion sentiment) be classified as a mental disease? Two, and I'm sure there are likely many more, recent examples of people so invested in Trump that they turned to violence over their belief the election was "stolen"...This guy killed his wife...

This guy dressed up in camo and a "rainbow wig" took a loaded weapon out "hunting Democrats" at Dairy Queen. I'm wondering- did he think the Queen was a hangout for drag queens, and correlate in his mind that everyone there was a "Democrat"? They did find additional weapons in his car, btw...

We had a thread on here condemning Schumer as "inciting violence" towards Kavanaugh for a speech he made TWO YEARS AGO in which he warned various SCOTUS Justices of political consequences if they lied about Roe. Many on here made the correlation (spurred on by right wing media) with the guy who showed up outside of Kav's residence with a loaded weapon TWO YEARS later, and blamed him for "inciting violence"...

Now beyond the fact that similar episodes of threatened violence against Biden/Family preceded the Kav event (with nary a peep from the folks in that thread), and a right wing nut had actually murdered a retired Fed judge and threatened the Governors of both MI and WI in his manifesto (and again crickets) the week BEFORE the threat to Kav, I took the inherent hypocrisy of that thread with a grain of salt.

But several went out of their way to not only condemn Schumer for something he said TWO YEARS ago and WALKED BACK the NEXT DAY, but several were also insistent that Schumer should be charged for "inciting violence". Of course two years basically destroys the imminence requirement for inciting violence, but that didn't matter to some of the more zealous respondents in the thread...

"You are going to get nothing but no's from this board but in the real non fake message board world tons would say yes. Just like the liberal looking to kill kavanaugh it's barely mentioned in the left wing news but if it was a liberal justice it would be nonstop 24/7 news and the we would be told the guy is a righ wing exstremist, etc. Bowlmania and his merry band of leftists would be beating the drum nonstop about it."

Obviously the bolded is false, since the times people were found near Biden or Jill with loaded weapons, and the Judge killed the week before the Kav incident were not even mentioned on this board at the time. I just wonder if the same folks who posted condemning Schumer and even suggested he should be charged are going to step up and condemn the past month or so of speeches and pseudo tweets by Trump, which do nothing but Promote violence?

This is not Trump's fault specifically, although the woman arrested has contributed to many of Trump's campaign fundraising options...

This is the danger of a wacko like the Libs of Tik Tok operator compounding her own mischaracterization and then not bothering to correct the record...

So crayfish- does the ha ha reflect that it's ridiculous for me to expect you to show consistency and condemn Trump for inciting violence and making threats, based on what you said elsewhere about Schumer's comments from 2020?

"So Schumer is threatening a Supreme Court Justice? He should be arrested and thrown in jail."

Can we replace SCHUMER with TRUMP ,and substitute the democratic process, DOJ,FBI and the whole country for your use of "Supreme Court Justice?

What is the purpose of your thread?

This is not Trump's fault specifically, although the woman arrested has contributed to many of Trump's campaign fundraising options...

This is the danger of a wacko like the Libs of Tik Tok operator compounding her own mischaracterization and then not bothering to correct the record...

The Young Turks?

It all makes sense now. Carry on.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
So crayfish- does the ha ha reflect that it's ridiculous for me to expect you to show consistency and condemn Trump for inciting violence and making threats, based on what you said elsewhere about Schumer's comments from 2020?

"So Schumer is threatening a Supreme Court Justice? He should be arrested and thrown in jail."

Can we replace SCHUMER with TRUMP ,and substitute the democratic process, DOJ,FBI and the whole country for your use of "Supreme Court Justice?
Apparently I'm not allowed to respond to your question

What is the purpose of your thread?
The Young Turks?

It all makes sense now. Carry on.
The purpose is to point out the inconsistency of the reasoning when people on the right try to claim that gun violence is due to crazy people being allowed to have weapons. Because the 2nd amendment avengers would have been diametrically opposed to the guy in the first story being denied the ability to purchase the gun he used to kill his wife. But now they will turn around and say he was crazy, rather than admit any responsibility from Trump for inciting violence in cases like this...

Either he's crazy and should not have been allowed to purchase a gun. Or else his fanatic devotion to Trump aided by Trump's constant claim that the election was stolen has turned him into a raving lunatic. It's basically the same story with the other guy, except luckily he was prevented from hurting someone...

So the question I posed is were these people certified prior to Trump's claims, in which case under the right's attempts to blame gun deaths on crazy people they should not have been able to purchase guns. Or did they fall down in the Q rabbit hole, become so invested in Trump that they felt it was their mission to "save him", and is this an example of perfectly sane people (who were allowed to own weapons) being so radicalized that they become irrational stooges capable of violence?

It seems to me one or the other has to be true. I'm asking which one...

I did get off on the Kavanaugh tangent. But I'm amazed that people who got so butthurt over a speech from 2 yrs ago that they claim incited violence against a rich, influential SCOTUS justice (who wasn't harmed) turn a completely blind eye when a raving lunatic (Trump) actively promotes/inspires violence on multiple occasions over the past 2 years.

By contrast, Schumer made ONE comment TWO YEARS AGO (and immediately walked it back the next day). I'm not sure we even have evidence that the guy arrested in the Kavanaugh incident even mentioned Schumer. But I know that in various acts of violence that PRECEDED the incident with Kavanaugh multiple people who threatened Biden or even his wife mentioned they were inspired by Trump or referred to the election being stolen.

I mean a majority of the folks who posted condemning Schumer are freaking Jan 6 deniers, and we know MULTIPLE people who beat on cops and committed violence on Jan 6 were MOTIVATED by fealty to Trump and the belief that the election was stolen. They have basically universally stated that as their rationale. Yet the same hypocrites who attacked Schumer (for his in appropriate remarks) turn a blind eye to the much more threatening and divisive crap Trump has spewed daily for the past 2 years.

So explain to me the difference, if we're going to be rational...

As Hickory said EXPOSING HYPOCRISY on these issues is my point.

So cray (Mr. Ha H), , how come what Schumer said is wrong, but you never have a problem with any of the disgusting threats Trump makes?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The purpose is to point out the inconsistency of the reasoning when people on the right try to claim that gun violence is due to crazy people being allowed to have weapons. Because the 2nd amendment avengers would have been diametrically opposed to the guy in the first story being denied the ability to purchase the gun he used to kill his wife. But now they will turn around and say he was crazy, rather than admit any responsibility from Trump for inciting violence in cases like this...

Either he's crazy and should not have been allowed to purchase a gun. Or else his fanatic devotion to Trump aided by Trump's constant claim that the election was stolen has turned him into a raving lunatic. It's basically the same story with the other guy, except luckily he was prevented from hurting someone...

So the question I posed is were these people certified prior to Trump's claims, in which case under the right's attempts to blame gun deaths on crazy people they should not have been able to purchase guns. Or did they fall down in the Q rabbit hole, become so invested in Trump that they felt it was their mission to "save him", and is this an example of perfectly sane people (who were allowed to own weapons) being so radicalized that they become irrational stooges capable of violence?

It seems to me one or the other has to be true. I'm asking which one...

I did get off on the Kavanaugh tangent. But I'm amazed that people who got so butthurt over a speech from 2 yrs ago that they claim incited violence against a rich, influential SCOTUS justice (who wasn't harmed) turn a completely blind eye when a raving lunatic (Trump) actively promotes/inspires violence on multiple occasions over the past 2 years.

By contrast, Schumer made ONE comment TWO YEARS AGO (and immediately walked it back the next day). I'm not sure we even have evidence that the guy arrested in the Kavanaugh incident even mentioned Schumer. But I know that in various acts of violence that PRECEDED the incident with Kavanaugh multiple people who threatened Biden or even his wife mentioned they were inspired by Trump or referred to the election being stolen.

I mean a majority of the folks who posted condemning Schumer are freaking Jan 6 deniers, and we know MULTIPLE people who beat on cops and committed violence on Jan 6 were MOTIVATED by fealty to Trump and the belief that the election was stolen. They have basically universally stated that as their rationale. Yet the same hypocrites who attacked Schumer (for his in appropriate remarks) turn a blind eye to the much more threatening and divisive crap Trump has spewed daily for the past 2 years.

So explain to me the difference, if we're going to be rational...

As Hickory said EXPOSING HYPOCRISY on these issues is my point.

So cray (Mr. Ha H), , how come what Schumer said is wrong, but you never have a problem with any of the disgusting threats Trump makes?

Why stop at Trump?

Other GOP are taking Trump's lead and also making threats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT