ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump same guy he was 30 years ago

Bill4411

All-American
Jun 24, 2001
https://www.playboy.com/read/playboy-interview-donald-trump-1990

Excerpts from his 1990 Playboy interview:

On the other hand, you were invited to consider building a luxury hotel in Moscow a few years ago. What was your trip to Moscow like?
It was not long after the Korean plane was shot down over Russia. There I am up in my plane when my pilot announces, “We are now flying over the Soviet Union,” and I’m thinking to myself, What the hell am I doing here?

Then I look out the window and see two Russian fighter planes … I later found out, guiding us in. I had insisted on having two Russian colonels flying with me—I felt safer, and my pilot doesn’t speak great Russian, which is putting it mildly, and I didn’t want problems in radio communications.

Once you got to Moscow, how did the negotiations go?
I told them, “Guys, you have a basic problem. Far as real estate is concerned, it’s impossible to get title to Russian land, since the government owns it all. What kind of financing are you gonna get on a building where the land is owned by the goddamned motherland?”

They said, “No problem, Mr. Trump. We will work out lease arrangements.”

I said, “I want ownership, not leases.”

They came up with a solution: “Mr. Trump, we form a committee with ten people, of which seven are Russian and three are your representatives, and all disputes will be resolved in this manner.”

I thought to myself, Shit, seven to three—are we dealing in the world of the make-believe here or what?

What were your other impressions of the Soviet Union?
I was very unimpressed. Their system is a disaster. What you will see there soon is a revolution; the signs are all there with the demonstrations and picketing. Russia is out of control and the leadership knows it. That’s my problem with Gorbachev. Not a firm enough hand.

You mean firm hand as in China?
When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak … as being spit on by the rest of the world—

Why is Gorbachev not firm enough?
I predict he will be overthrown, because he has shown extraordinary weakness. Suddenly, for the first time ever, there are coal-miner strikes and brush fires everywhere—which will all ultimately lead to a violent revolution. Yet Gorbachev is getting credit for being a wonderful leader—and we should continue giving him credit, because he’s destroying the Soviet Union. But his giving an inch is going to end up costing him and all his friends what they most cherish—their jobs.

Well even if I ever ran for office, I’d do better as a Democrat than as a Republican—and that’s not because I’d be more liberal, because I’m conservative. But the working guy would elect me. He likes me.

Besides the real-estate deal, you’ve met with top-level Soviet officials to negotiate potential business deals with them; how did they strike you?
Generally, these guys are much tougher and smarter than our representatives. We have people in this country just as smart, but unfortunately, they’re not elected officials. We’re still suffering from a loss of respect that goes back to the Carter Administration, when helicopters were crashing into one another in Iran. That was Carter’s emblem. There he was, being carried off from a race, needing oxygen. I don’t want my President to be carried off a race course. I don’t want my President landing on Austrian soil and falling down the stairs of his airplane. Some of our Presidents have been incredible jerk-offs. We need to be tough.

A favorite word of yours, tough. How do you define it?
Tough is being mentally capable of winning battles against an opponent and doing it with a smile. Tough is winning systematically.

Sometimes you sound like a Presidential candidate stirring up the voters.
I don’t want the Presidency. I’m going to help a lot of people with my foundation—and for me, the grass isn’t always greener.

But if the grass ever did look greener, which political party do you think you’d be more comfortable with?
Well, if I ever ran for office, I’d do better as a Democrat than as a Republican—and that’s not because I’d be more liberal, because I’m conservative. But the working guy would elect me. He likes me. When I walk down the street, those cabbies start yelling out their windows.

Another game: What’s the first thing President Trump would do upon entering the Oval Office?
Many things. A toughness of attitude would prevail. I’d throw a tax on every Mercedes-Benz rolling into this country and on all Japanese products, and we’d have wonderful allies again.
Would you rescue our remaining hostages in Lebanon? Number one, in almost all cases, the hostages were told by our government not to be there. If a man decides to become a professor at Beirut University, when he was told not to be there, and that person is captured—

He deserves it?
You feel very bad for him, but you cannot base foreign policy on his capture. With that being said, when they killed our Colonel Higgins, I would have retaliated militarily immediately. I would have hit something vital to them. And hit it hard. In any other case, I would let the takers of hostages know that they’d have one week to return that hostage. And after that week, all bets would be off. You would not have any more hostages taken, believe me. Weakness always causes problems.

Do you think George Bush is soft?
I like George Bush very much and support him and always will. But I disagree with him when he talks of a kinder, gentler America. I think if this country gets any kinder or gentler, it’s literally going to cease to exist. I think if we had people from the business community—the Carl Icahns, the Ross Perots—negotiating some of our foreign policy, we’d have respect around the world.

What would President Trump’s position on crime be?
I see the values of this country in the way crime is tolerated, where people are virtually afraid to say “I want the death penalty.” Well, I want it. Where has this country gone when you’re not supposed to put in a grave the son of a bitch who robbed, beat, murdered and threw a ninety-year-old woman off the building? Where has this country gone?

What would be some of President Trump’s longer-term views of the future?
I think of the future, but I refuse to paint it. Anything can happen. But I often think of nuclear war.

Nuclear war?
I’ve always thought about the issue of nuclear war; it’s a very important element in my thought process. It’s the ultimate, the ultimate catastrophe, the biggest problem this world has, and nobody’s focusing on the nuts and bolts of it. It’s a little like sickness. People don’t believe they’re going to get sick until they do. Nobody wants to talk about it. I believe the greatest of all stupidities is people’s believing it will never happen, because everybody knows how destructive it will be, so nobody uses weapons. What bullshit.

Does any of that fuzzy thinking exist around the Trump office?
On a much lower level, I would never hire anybody who thinks that way, because he has absolutely no common sense. He’s living in a world of make-believe. It’s like thinking the Titantic can’t sink. Too many countries have nuclear weapons; nobody knows where they’re all pointed, what button it takes to launch them. The bomb Harry Truman dropped on Hiroshima was a toy next to today’s. We have thousands of weapons pointed at us and nobody even knows if they’re going to go in the right direction. They’ve never really been tested. These jerks in charge don’t know how to paint a wall, and we’re relying on them to shoot nuclear missiles to Moscow. What happens if they don’t go there? What happens if our computer systems aren’t working? Nobody knows if this equipment works, and I’ve seen numerous reports lately stating that the probability is they don’t work. It’s a total mess.

And how would President Trump handle it?
He would believe very strongly in extreme military strength. He wouldn’t trust anyone. He wouldn’t trust the Russians; he wouldn’t trust our allies; he’d have a huge military arsenal, perfect it, understand it. Part of the problem is that we’re defending some of the wealthiest countries in the world for nothing…. We’re being laughed at around the world, defending Japan—

Wait. If you believe that the public shares these views, and that you could do the job, why not consider running for President?
I’d do the job as well as or better than anyone else. It’s my hope that George Bush can do a great job.

You categorically don’t want to be President?
I don’t want to be President. I’m one hundred percent sure. I’d change my mind only if I saw this country continue to go down the tubes.

Reactions: outside shooter
Trump is one hell of a president...You people need to be happy and gracious that he even decided to run for that office. He certainly doesn't deserve the left's Nazi Propaganda and constant painting him as something he's not...

He definitely doesn't need the petty bullshit hurled at him by progressives and left wing ass jacks who want to cram alternative living, alternative lifestyles, left wing desires down every human being's throat!!!

Obama's the guy who gave FRIGGING IRAN 500 MILLION in CASH on his last day in office!!!! He gave it to Iran, for crying out loud!!! What a very bad and mediocre president Hussein was!!

Reactions: Lucy01
Trump is one hell of a president...You people need to be happy and gracious that he even decided to run for that office. He certainly doesn't deserve the left's Nazi Propaganda and constant painting him as something he's not...

He definitely doesn't need the petty bullshit hurled at him by progressives and left wing ass jacks who want to cram alternative living, alternative lifestyles, left wing desires down every human being's throat!!!

Obama's the guy who gave FRIGGING IRAN 500 MILLION in CASH on his last day in office!!!! He gave it to Iran, for crying out loud!!! What a very bad and mediocre president Hussein was!!
Lucy could have said all this much quicker, and more coherently.

Is this the TDS that everyone keeps talking about?

On the other hand, you were invited to consider building a luxury hotel in Moscow a few years ago. What was your trip to Moscow like?
It was not long after the Korean plane was shot down over Russia. There I am up in my plane when my pilot announces, “We are now flying over the Soviet Union,” and I’m thinking to myself, What the hell am I doing here?

Then I look out the window and see two Russian fighter planes … I later found out, guiding us in. I had insisted on having two Russian colonels flying with me—I felt safer, and my pilot doesn’t speak great Russian, which is putting it mildly, and I didn’t want problems in radio communications.

I told them, “Guys, you have a basic problem. Far as real estate is concerned, it’s impossible to get title to Russian land, since the government owns it all. What kind of financing are you gonna get on a building where the land is owned by the goddamned motherland?”

They came up with a solution: “Mr. Trump, we form a committee with ten people, of which seven are Russian and three are your representatives, and all disputes will be resolved in this manner.”

I thought to myself, Shit, seven to three—are we dealing in the world of the make-believe here or what?

I was very unimpressed. Their system is a disaster. What you will see there soon is a revolution; the signs are all there with the demonstrations and picketing. Russia is out of control and the leadership knows it. That’s my problem with Gorbachev. Not a firm enough hand.

When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak … as being spit on by the rest of the world—

I predict he will be overthrown, because he has shown extraordinary weakness. Suddenly, for the first time ever, there are coal-miner strikes and brush fires everywhere—which will all ultimately lead to a violent revolution. Yet Gorbachev is getting credit for being a wonderful leader—and we should continue giving him credit, because he’s destroying the Soviet Union. But his giving an inch is going to end up costing him and all his friends what they most cherish—their jobs.

Well even if I ever ran for office, I’d do better as a Democrat than as a Republican—and that’s not because I’d be more liberal, because I’m conservative. But the working guy would elect me. He likes me.

Besides the real-estate deal, you’ve met with top-level Soviet officials to negotiate potential business deals with them; how did they strike you?
Generally, these guys are much tougher and smarter than our representatives. We have people in this country just as smart, but unfortunately, they’re not elected officials. We’re still suffering from a loss of respect that goes back to the Carter Administration, when helicopters were crashing into one another in Iran. That was Carter’s emblem. There he was, being carried off from a race, needing oxygen. I don’t want my President to be carried off a race course. I don’t want my President landing on Austrian soil and falling down the stairs of his airplane. Some of our Presidents have been incredible jerk-offs. We need to be tough.

Tough is being mentally capable of winning battles against an opponent and doing it with a smile. Tough is winning systematically.

I don’t want the Presidency. I’m going to help a lot of people with my foundation—and for me, the grass isn’t always greener.

But if the grass ever did look greener, which political party do you think you’d be more comfortable with?
Well, if I ever ran for office, I’d do better as a Democrat than as a Republican—and that’s not because I’d be more liberal, because I’m conservative. But the working guy would elect me. He likes me. When I walk down the street, those cabbies start yelling out their windows.

Another game: What’s the first thing President Trump would do upon entering the Oval Office?
Many things. A toughness of attitude would prevail. I’d throw a tax on every Mercedes-Benz rolling into this country and on all Japanese products, and we’d have wonderful allies again.
Would you rescue our remaining hostages in Lebanon? Number one, in almost all cases, the hostages were told by our government not to be there. If a man decides to become a professor at Beirut University, when he was told not to be there, and that person is captured—

He deserves it?
You feel very bad for him, but you cannot base foreign policy on his capture. With that being said, when they killed our Colonel Higgins, I would have retaliated militarily immediately. I would have hit something vital to them. And hit it hard. In any other case, I would let the takers of hostages know that they’d have one week to return that hostage. And after that week, all bets would be off. You would not have any more hostages taken, believe me. Weakness always causes problems.

I like George Bush very much and support him and always will. But I disagree with him when he talks of a kinder, gentler America. I think if this country gets any kinder or gentler, it’s literally going to cease to exist. I think if we had people from the business community—the Carl Icahns, the Ross Perots—negotiating some of our foreign policy, we’d have respect around the world.

I see the values of this country in the way crime is tolerated, where people are virtually afraid to say “I want the death penalty.” Well, I want it. Where has this country gone when you’re not supposed to put in a grave the son of a bitch who robbed, beat, murdered and threw a ninety-year-old woman off the building? Where has this country gone?

I think of the future, but I refuse to paint it. Anything can happen. But I often think of nuclear war.

Nuclear war?
I’ve always thought about the issue of nuclear war; it’s a very important element in my thought process. It’s the ultimate, the ultimate catastrophe, the biggest problem this world has, and nobody’s focusing on the nuts and bolts of it. It’s a little like sickness. People don’t believe they’re going to get sick until they do. Nobody wants to talk about it. I believe the greatest of all stupidities is people’s believing it will never happen, because everybody knows how destructive it will be, so nobody uses weapons. What bullshit.

On a much lower level, I would never hire anybody who thinks that way, because he has absolutely no common sense. He’s living in a world of make-believe. It’s like thinking the Titantic can’t sink. Too many countries have nuclear weapons; nobody knows where they’re all pointed, what button it takes to launch them. The bomb Harry Truman dropped on Hiroshima was a toy next to today’s. We have thousands of weapons pointed at us and nobody even knows if they’re going to go in the right direction. They’ve never really been tested. These jerks in charge don’t know how to paint a wall, and we’re relying on them to shoot nuclear missiles to Moscow. What happens if they don’t go there? What happens if our computer systems aren’t working? Nobody knows if this equipment works, and I’ve seen numerous reports lately stating that the probability is they don’t work. It’s a total mess.

He would believe very strongly in extreme military strength. He wouldn’t trust anyone. He wouldn’t trust the Russians; he wouldn’t trust our allies; he’d have a huge military arsenal, perfect it, understand it. Part of the problem is that we’re defending some of the wealthiest countries in the world for nothing…. We’re being laughed at around the world, defending Japan—

Wait. If you believe that the public shares these views, and that you could do the job, why not consider running for President?
I’d do the job as well as or better than anyone else. It’s my hope that George Bush can do a great job.

I don’t want to be President. I’m one hundred percent sure. I’d change my mind only if I saw this country continue to go down the tubes.
What's so striking about this to me is how much more articulate he was. He used to be able to form sentences, and to string a few of them together to express thoughts.

What's so striking about this to me is how much more articulate he was. He used to be able to form sentences, and to string a few of them together to express thoughts.
To an extent. Still, you can't tell me Playboy didn't clean that up a bunch.

You tell ‘em, Skeeter, you tell ‘em

Reactions: Bill4411

I always think your posts are satire and then I’m just sad when I realize people actually “ think” this way. Bless your heart.

Reactions: UncleMark
Iconic Picture .......

EZxV6VpWkAAp99U

I always think your posts are satire and then I’m just sad when I realize people actually “ think” this way. Bless your heart.
This board proves in Spades, that "educated people" will buy into the left wing media's daily spin...The bullshit about Trump that they cook up is frigging nuts, yet I come to this board and it's literally licked off the liberal plates!

Reactions: Lucy01
And uneducated people will buy into the right wing media's daily spin.
The right wing has its issues...Its blue collar base isn't one of them...The left had the blue collar base for many years and then abandoned them!!!

The right wing has its issues...Its blue collar base isn't one of them...The left had the blue collar base for many years and then abandoned them!!!
Because they look down on the working man! He doesn’t know 25 different ways to say shit like some of the people on this board does!

Reactions: td75
And uneducated people will buy into the right wing media's daily spin.
An uneducated and intellectually lazy society wants their news canned into sound bites, memes, talking points, and marketing slogans.

Just as a restaurant doesn't feed people healthy diets even though that diet is better, the news feeds the people exactly what they want.

Many blame the media , I blame the average American and our very poor education system.

Reactions: Neves
An uneducated and intellectually lazy society wants their news canned into sound bites, memes, talking points, and marketing slogans.

Just as a restaurant doesn't feed people healthy diets even though that diet is better, the news feeds the people exactly what they want.

Many blame the media , I blame the average American and our very poor education system.
Do you blame a poor education system for your education? It’s not your place to tell people what to eat!

25 different ways to say shit
1) Donald J. Trump
2) Donald Trump
3) Trump
4) The Don
5) POTUS
6) 45
7) Turd in Chief
8) Liar in Chief
9) Head Racist
10) DJT
11) Swamp King
12) Orange Turd
13) Lyin' Tub-a-goo
14) Commander-in-Chief
15) Commander Obese
16) Fake President
17) Traitor Trump
18) Don the Con
19) Cadet Bone Spur
20) Agent Orange
21) Benedict Donald
22) Lyin' Donny Moscow
23) Russian Hooker Pee enthusiast
24) Tiny Hands Trump
25) Impotus

How am I doing?

1) Donald J. Trump
2) Donald Trump
3) Trump
4) The Don
5) POTUS
6) 45
7) Turd
8) Liar in Chief
9) Head Racist
10) DJT
11) Swamp King
12) Orange Turd
13) Lyin' Tub-a-goo
14) Commander-in-Chief
15) Commander Obese
16) Fake President
17) Traitor Trump
18) Don the Con
19) Cadet Bone Spur
20) Agent Orange
21) Benedict Donald
22) Lyin' Donny Moscow
24) Tiny Hands Trump
25) Impotus

How am I doing?
Pretty good, I am impressed.

1) Donald J. Trump
2) Donald Trump
3) Trump
4) The Don
5) POTUS
6) 45
7) Turd in Chief
8) Liar in Chief
9) Head Racist
10) DJT
11) Swamp King
12) Orange Turd
13) Lyin' Tub-a-goo
14) Commander-in-Chief
15) Commander Obese
16) Fake President
17) Traitor Trump
18) Don the Con
19) Cadet Bone Spur
20) Agent Orange
21) Benedict Donald
22) Lyin' Donny Moscow
24) Tiny Hands Trump
25) Impotus

How am I doing?
Only a scientist and Patriot fan could come up with so many. Well done!

Reactions: outside shooter

He deserves it?

Nuclear war?

18nytrump1-articleLarge.jpg

Reactions: Bill4411
To an extent. Still, you can't tell me Playboy didn't clean that up a bunch.

Or knowing Trump, he had the condition for the interview of having the bunnies at his office to provide him with an audience to impress especially with his outstanding stable genius.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT