ADVERTISEMENT

Another person tried to kill Trump

Freedom of speech has its limitations when it comes to crowd safety.

The video reminded me of Biden telling people “Trump needs to be put in a bull’s-eye!”, a gaffe the mental midget soon found himself having to apologize for saying.
He didn’t apologize until Trump was shot. Fck him and all the other Dems and Republicans with TDR who are responsible for the two assassination attempts.

Freedom of speech has its limitations when it comes to crowd safety.

The video reminded me of Biden telling people “Trump needs to be put in a bull’s-eye!”, a gaffe the mental midget soon found himself having to apologize for saying.
Let’s not forget Maxine Waters threats. But hell she is Black so whatever she does is okay! No matter the consequences.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Well, if he obtained the gun "legally", then I don't really see a problem with trying to figure out who sold it to him and applying the law as required to said seller.
That's sort of the point. As a convicted felon, he can't "legally' obtain (or possess) a gun. Just one of the many existing laws that were broken, and that didn't stop him from breaking others.

That's sort of the point. As a convicted felon, he can't "legally' obtain (or possess) a gun. Just one of the many existing laws that were broken, and that didn't stop him from breaking others.

A legit question here...

Do background checks get done at gun shows? I've never been to one so I don't know the answer.

A legit question here...

Do background checks get done at gun shows? I've never been to one so I don't know the answer.
If you're buying from a licensed dealer, they have to perform the background check. It doesn't matter where the transaction is taking place whether at their shop or at the gun show. I won a shotgun at a Ducks Unlimited dinner and there was an licensed dealer there to run the background check before they let me take it home.

A private sale varies from state to state, with most states not requiring one.

If you're buying from a licensed dealer, they have to perform the background check. It doesn't matter where the transaction is taking place. I won a shotgun at a Ducks Unlimited dinner and there was an licensed dealer there to run the background check before they let me take it home.

A private sale varies from state to state, with most states not requiring one.

Are there unlicensed dealers at gun shows or is everyone supposed to be licensed?

Are there unlicensed dealers at gun shows or is everyone supposed to be licensed?
Unlicensed dealers are illegal. If you're conducting business as a firearms dealer, you're supposed to be licensed.

A legit question here...

Unlicensed dealers are illegal. If you're conducting business as a firearms dealer, you're supposed to be licensed.

What about, "gifting" type scenarios? My dad passed a couple years ago, but his AR-15 still resides in my mom's basement. My understanding is I just need that bad boy unloaded and in the trunk, but otherwise there is nothing stopping me from bringing it from Mizzurah to Indy.

Let’s not forget Maxine Waters threats. But hell she is Black so whatever she does is okay! No matter the consequences.
To question her is to be labeled a racist. It will be interesting to see if Harris gets elected and if cries of racism are heard again, along with the escalation of police brutality videos against Blacks. Obama was good about milking that one. I would also look for those fancy Black Lives Matter busses to be put back in use.

Reactions: DANC
No, I get the point. I think we are all in agreement that the shooter was breaking several laws and will not see the sun shine for a very long time. The point is, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make an example out of the seller (if it was a licensed retailer). The more we can encourage actual follow-through of existing laws, the better.
If he got it illegally, then finding the source and shutting it down would also be a win.

What about, "gifting" type scenarios? My dad passed a couple years ago, but his AR-15 still resides in my mom's basement. My understanding is I just need that bad boy unloaded and in the trunk, but otherwise there is nothing stopping me from bringing it from Mizzurah to Indy.
I don't know what Mizzou's laws are, but from a federal standpoint as long as you're legally able to own a firearm and the firearm isn't covered by the rules enacted by the National Firearms Act or Firearm Owners Protection Act (meaning essentially it's not an automatic weapon or a short barreled rifle) you're good to go if it's a gift to you. Again, I don't know what legal ramifications there are in Missouri.

Your safest bet if you're concerned is for you and your mom to take it to a local dealer and have them ship it to a dealer here. The dealer here will do the background check before you take possession of the rifle.

No, I get the point. I think we are all in agreement that the shooter was breaking several laws and will not see the sun shine for a very long time. The point is, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make an example out of the seller (if it was a licensed retailer). The more we can encourage actual follow-through of existing laws, the better.
If he got it illegally, then finding the source and shutting it down would also be a win.
Well yeah. That's just enforcing existing laws. Unfortunately, that seems to be hit or miss at times when it comes to the charging and sentencing aspect though.

This is where I'm at.

It wouldn't be good for the country is there were ever a successful attempt on his life. I hope it never happens.

That said, I think it would be a net negative for the country if he gets re-elected and never has to face justice for his crimes.
Trump will face justice when the Biden crime family does their’s.

To question her (Waters) is to be labeled a racist.
Everybody on both sides of the aisle thinks that Maxine Waters is a moron / loose cannon / loudmouth with a screw loose upstairs. She speaks for nobody but herself, since most things she says are cringeworthy. Nobody lays it out that bluntly, in deference to her advanced age and obvious loss of faculties. And due to, yes, her skin color.

Reactions: UncleMark
One of several things that bothers me about this second attempt, is that it was immediately said no shots were fired and the “alleged” assassin didn’t even have Trump in his sight. I suspect he was going to shoot him either on the tee of hole #6 or as he was setting up his stance for his second shot. It’s been said the SS agent only saw him because his rifle was sticking out of the bushes, a very long hedgerow alongside a busy street. How was this agent able to see this rifle end, fire several shots at it and not hit the guy? Why was Routh shot at without firing a shot of his own and Crooks wasn’t? The dude was able to drop his gun and run to his car in escape. Could not this agent radio to police in squad cars nearby that this man is fleeing, an all-points bulletin sort of thing. It was said if a bystander hadn’t taken a photo of his license plate, he might have gotten away. The only way they found him in a neighboring county is because with the plate number, they were able to check intersection cameras that are capable of letting authorities know the time the particular vehicle went through an intersection (much like tow roads capturing plates for mail-in payments).

Going back to the first assassination attempt, the SS director said in Senate hearing testimony that the SS snipers had no prior knowledge of where this guy was, prior to 8 (?) shots being fired by Crooks. How was the agent who shot him in the head able to pick him off so quickly, almost instantaneously, without knowing where the sound was coming from? There was no coordinated communication between the various protection agencies.

The Dem media was quick to say what a wonderful job the SS did this time. Reps. beg to differ. Not a single agent was perusing those bushes from the street side, a frequent place known for paparazzi to hang out with long camera lenses. It has been proposed by Bongino that a government mole may be at play here, that is, inside information is being leaked. It’s a scary thought. It could even be one infiltrated with Iranian ties.

Our government is just as crooked as all the other world governments, their people in power. That’s not what I grew up thinking was ever possible.

Reactions: DANC and dbmhoosier
Everybody on both sides of the aisle thinks that Maxine Waters is a moron / loose cannon / loudmouth with a screw loose upstairs. She speaks for nobody but herself, since most things she says are cringeworthy. Nobody lays it out that bluntly, in deference to her advanced age and obvious loss of faculties. And due to, yes, her skin color.
What does this make the people, her constituents, who keep electing her? Are they all loose cannon loudmouth morons of loose screws upstairs?

YES, with no Einstein gene amongst them.

You don't hate the FBI enough.

That kind of latitude is the death of law enforcement and the legal system to boot.
Yeah the FBI investigating people for possibly committing a crime by making terrorist threats is an issue. Yet not investigating previous comments from either of the two accused assasins is negligence on the FBI's part? You people are a trip...

Meanwhile DeSantis is sending state troopers to the doors of people who signed the abortion petition in an attempt to intimidate them. And not a peep from the peanut gallery...

No wonder you guys think the violence is coming exclusively from the left/center. You ignore all the blatant examples from your side...

He didn’t apologize until Trump was shot. Fck him and all the other Dems and Republicans with TDR who are responsible for the two assassination attempts.
i ain’t buying it. I think Trump is most to blame with his own incendiary speech. Every demagogue elicits reactions from crazies. Of course, you can’t tell him to tone it down, because then he won’t get his legions of half crazy supporters fawning over him and feeding his narcissism. It’s just sad you folks don’t see what a sick man you support and how that continues to enable him and push him and his supporters further and further into oblivion.

There are special laws against protestors on private property of Supreme Court members like Brett Kavanaugh that were ignored.
Private property? You sure about that? None of the accounts I've read of the guy being arrested NEAR Kavanaughs property says it was ON his PROPERTY.

And why exactly do you feel a SCOTUS judge should be awarded more protection from demonstrators than say a state lawmaker or average citizen?

I guess I no longer subscribe to your seemingly elevated reverance for SCOTUS...

So the POS Party of Hate's selected assassin couldn't even get off a shot. They probably gave him some of the equipment they sold to Taiwan.

both attempts were by people who didn't appear to be affiliated with either party

Trying to blame it on dems is typical of the party of idiots

Edit: changed inaccurate portion

Apparently i said something that made stoll feel i should be banned from this thread.

Ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Are you saying a law didn't stop this? How could this be?
We don't know yet where Routh obtained his weapon. But just in case it's FL...

In Florida, a background check is required to buy a gun from a licensed dealer, but not from a private seller...

Now we wait to find out how someone convicted of having a machine gun (and is a convicted felon) is able to get his hands on an AK-47...

"

both attempts were by people who identified as conservative.

Trying to blame it on dems is typical of the party of idiots
Not sure if they were conservatives, but I assume it's safe to say they were gun enthusiasts. Routh barricaded himself in a building due to having a machine gun...

If we're taking bets on what sent Routh over the edge, my money is on Trump refusing to acknowledge during the debate that he wanted Ukraine to win...

If the average citizen is on the jury, they're protected under the same law. It doesn't only apply to SCOTUS justices.

I was thinking more of the covid/school lockdowns where angry crowds gathered outside school officials/teacher's homes...

The case of Benson where some of the people yelling outside her home were armed is an even more egregious example imho. These idiots were whipped into a frenzy by the lies of Trump and his co-conspirators.

Just on salary, not even including all their bribes the members of SCOTUS earn far more than a Sec of State. Consequently someone like Kavanaugh is financially able to better provide for his own security (beyond what the Govt provides) than a lowly state official at home with her child has available on a Sat night.

If SCOTUS should be protected by statute, so should Benson. Maybe even more so, Imho...

Yeah the FBI investigating people for possibly committing a crime by making terrorist threats is an issue. Yet not investigating previous comments from either of the two accused assasins is negligence on the FBI's part? You people are a trip...

Meanwhile DeSantis is sending state troopers to the doors of people who signed the abortion petition in an attempt to intimidate them. And not a peep from the peanut gallery...

No wonder you guys think the violence is coming exclusively from the left/center. You ignore all the blatant examples from your side...

I don't believe the FBI was negligent in the case of Crooks or Routh. We live in a society with civil liberties so even if there was indicia of them being disturbed a head of time, there's little the FBI can do about it. As it should be.

What does this make the people, her constituents, who keep electing her?
They like the goodies she gets them due to her seniority. Seniority rules all. People like their representative to have power to get them freebies. Same reason that the old senile turtle in Ky Mitch McConnell gets reelected continuously, despite repeated on camera seizures

One of several things that bothers me about this second attempt, is that it was immediately said no shots were fired and the “alleged” assassin didn’t even have Trump in his sight. I suspect he was going to shoot him either on the tee of hole #6 or as he was setting up his stance for his second shot. It’s been said the SS agent only saw him because his rifle was sticking out of the bushes, a very long hedgerow alongside a busy street. How was this agent able to see this rifle end, fire several shots at it and not hit the guy? Why was Routh shot at without firing a shot of his own and Crooks wasn’t? The dude was able to drop his gun and run to his car in escape. Could not this agent radio to police in squad cars nearby that this man is fleeing, an all-points bulletin sort of thing. It was said if a bystander hadn’t taken a photo of his license plate, he might have gotten away. The only way they found him in a neighboring county is because with the plate number, they were able to check intersection cameras that are capable of letting authorities know the time the particular vehicle went through an intersection (much like tow roads capturing plates for mail-in payments).

Going back to the first assassination attempt, the SS director said in Senate hearing testimony that the SS snipers had no prior knowledge of where this guy was, prior to 8 (?) shots being fired by Crooks. How was the agent who shot him in the head able to pick him off so quickly, almost instantaneously, without knowing where the sound was coming from? There was no coordinated communication between the various protection agencies.

The Dem media was quick to say what a wonderful job the SS did this time. Reps. beg to differ. Not a single agent was perusing those bushes from the street side, a frequent place known for paparazzi to hang out with long camera lenses. It has been proposed by Bongino that a government mole may be at play here, that is, inside information is being leaked. It’s a scary thought. It could even be one infiltrated with Iranian ties.

Our government is just as crooked as all the other world governments, their people in power. That’s not what I grew up thinking was ever possible.
At this point, I think there is a realistic chance Trump gets murdered before the election.

Not a big one, mind you, but a real one.

This is two people in the past 8 weeks who have gotten close to Trump with a long rifle.

In both cases, it was blind dumb luck that he survived.

The secret service seems powerless to stop it. If I’m a potential assassin, I’m thinking “damn, it’s easy to get close to him”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT