ADVERTISEMENT

Another 3 Star forward?

Archie's goal is to win it all. I'm confident he's going to do all he can. He's not going to go after guys who can't help just to fill a slot. (we've seen that movie). I believe he'll have to win some games before the 5* pipeline opens up, which I hope happens after year one. Until then let's enjoy the ride.
We're going to win a few games this year because we out coached someone. Haven't experience that in years.
He's already done an excellent job getting in state guys and top 150 talent. I'll get concerned if we start getting guys who aren't top 150 talent.
If it doesn't work out we'll get the next great coach and do it all again. VBG.
I truth I'm excited about Archie and can't say that about anyone since RMK. If fact Archie is the only one RMK has supported.
Go Hoosiers!

I read on another site that Archie will soon be having another '18 3 star forward in for an official visit.

One thing we were told when Archie was hired was, "He doesn't use up all his scholarships and only likes to have 11 players on the team."

And yet, when we have a glaring need for a big guy and a guard, he's STILL going after 3 Star forwards.....a position we have a glut at.

Is this all part of his "grand slam killer recruiting" I keep reading about? If he can't get a guard and/or big man, why not save the spots instead of pulling a Crean and just putting bodies in there with kids who will probably never see the floor and not leave room for recruits in '19?

Not that it's worth anything, but I really want Forrester. He don't look like a 3* to me!

I
I was one of the first to call for Knight's head and was told I was crazy....until many/most agreed it was time for him to go.

Knight had a championship team building in 2000 and he still managed a sweet 16 at TTU after he was gone. Quite truthfully, you are completely wrong. To brag about it shows that you also cannot analyze facts.

Reactions: Paterfamilias
Knight had a championship team building in 2000 and he still managed a sweet 16 at TTU after he was gone. Quite truthfully, you are completely wrong. To brag about it shows that you also cannot analyze facts.

Unlike you "real" fans, I don't just look at win-loss record.

Funny how the "real" fans blast other schools for putting up with cheating yet had ZERO problem with Bobby being the biggest a-hole alive.

I used to be the biggest Knight fan around. Then little by little, I decided his antics weren't worth any amount of wins.

He totally lost me after blasting that aide when he was late for his press conference at the Dance.

Actually i wanted Crean fired a year before after the Duke game. Just because I support our current coach doesn't mean I agree with everything he does.
You and I were going back and forth on Crean this time last year. Say what you want but less than 12 months ago you were still fully supporting Crean. We went back and forth on this probably a hundred times.

You and I were going back and forth on Crean this time last year. Say what you want but less than 12 months ago you were still fully supporting Crean. We went back and forth on this probably a hundred times.
Since he is long gone there is no need to keep arguing abut Crean. What did not care for was when posters made it personal toward Crean and not just his coaching. I never felt that the constant bashing of him on a message board did not help the program at all.

Since he is long gone there is no need to keep arguing abut Crean. What did not care for was when posters made it personal toward Crean and not just his coaching. I never felt that the constant bashing of him on a message board did not help the program at all.
Did your constant blind sunshine pumping about him help the program? You had your head in the sand for years and mocked the minority of us who saw the truth. As I predicted for 6 years, the chickens eventually came home to roost.

The clown was ripping IU off for millions every year and you reacted like we were insulting your Grandmother. It was pathetic.

Did your constant blind sunshine pumping about him help the program? You had your head in the sand for years and mocked the minority of us who saw the truth. As I predicted for 6 years, the chickens eventually came home to roost.

The clown was ripping IU off for millions every year and you reacted like we were insulting your Grandmother. It was pathetic.
You seriously need to get a life if you still can't can't get over it and move on. i said two years ago that Crean probably was not the right coach. What I said is that there was no way they would fire him after winning the conference championship so there was no reason to keep bashing him.

3 star.... Oladipo .... Sheehey ... Newton .... I don't know. Let's see before we spout off about it.
I still don't even know what three stars he's talking about. The guys he's referring to are all four stars on multiple recruiting sites.

You seriously need to get a life if you still can't can't get over it and move on. i said two years ago that Crean probably was not the right coach. What I said is that there was no way they would fire him after winning the conference championship so there was no reason to keep bashing him.
Yea I remember your dozens of "guarantees" that IU wouldn't fire him one year removed from a Big Ten Championship. I tried to talk some sense into you, which you mocked. You were arrogantly foolish on here for years. My how the turn tables...

Reactions: The Vid and Lucy01
Yeah I know that. But he was suggesting that we are loaded up on three-star forwards.

I'm neutral on Forrester, as I can see both sides. I'd really encourage guys to look at several of his you tube videos and tell us what you see, as he's something of a mystery to me.....to me (no talent scout) he appears to be a very athletic, coordinated kid.....quick, thin but strong.....He's rated anywhere from 130-185 by the 4 recruiting services, which is a major drop from where he was early in the year.......Based solely on his videos, that seems way low, but I've seen no reasons given for the demotion. Also, I don't see schools like Pitt, VT, ND & X backing off,,,,,,

A lot depends on whether DD goes pro after this year....if that happens we have at least 2 ships available for next year if we get JF and 1 of Lanfford/Duke/Garland.

I read on another site that Archie will soon be having another '18 3 star forward in for an official visit.

One thing we were told when Archie was hired was, "He doesn't use up all his scholarships and only likes to have 11 players on the team."

And yet, when we have a glaring need for a big guy and a guard, he's STILL going after 3 Star forwards.....a position we have a glut at.

Is this all part of his "grand slam killer recruiting" I keep reading about? If he can't get a guard and/or big man, why not save the spots instead of pulling a Crean and just putting bodies in there with kids who will probably never see the floor and not leave room for recruits in '19?

idk, maybe it is because Forrester was offered back in Dec of last year. He is from Westtown HS, who has put out 5 4* or higher players in the last few years and CAM would like to have a pipeline to such talent and doesn't want to burn that bridge.

Yea I remember your dozens of "guarantees" that IU wouldn't fire him one year removed from a Big Ten Championship. I tried to talk some sense into you, which you mocked. You were arrogantly foolish on here for years. My how the turn tables...

LOL Time out. So you spit vitriol on coaches. You are wrong for years. Are miserable for years. Then when other fans say they want the season to play out and make a decision, and that happens.....and again they are right, they were the foolish ones? lol weird...

Everything transpired exactly like those who wanted to wait the season out said it would. Not sure where anyone but you ended up looking foolish.....You are looking at it completely wrong.

LOL Time out. So you spit vitriol on coaches. You are wrong for years. Are miserable for years. Then when other fans say they want the season to play out and make a decision, and that happens.....and again they are right, they were the foolish ones? lol weird...

Everything transpired exactly like those who wanted to wait the season out said it would. Not sure where anyone but you ended up looking foolish.....You are looking at it completely wrong.
Tom Crean would still be the coach if it were not for fans voicing their displeasure. Sitting back and supporting blindly doesn't force change. Make no mistake about it, Fred Glass was not going to fire Crean without the fan backlash. It didn't just "play out" quietly.

Tom Crean would still be the coach if it were not for fans voicing their displeasure. Sitting back and supporting blindly doesn't force change. Make no mistake about it, Fred Glass was not going to fire Crean without the fan backlash. It didn't just "play out" quietly.

Nope, it sure didn't play out quietly. But it did play out, just as everyone was saying. Those like you that wanted to voice your displeasure throughout the season really had no impact. It was those the collection of opinions AFTER the outcome of the season was decided that made the impact. Had IU been successful last year, Crean would still have been the coach no matter what noise you made. So again, the people that said wait the season out before crying daily, were right. Still....

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Nope, it sure didn't play out quietly. But it did play out, just as everyone was saying. Those like you that wanted to voice your displeasure throughout the season really had no impact. It was those the collection of opinions AFTER the outcome of the season was decided that made the impact. Had IU been successful last year, Crean would still have been the coach no matter what noise you made. So again, the people that said wait the season out before crying daily, were right. Still....
You're mistaken on this. The decision was made well before the end of the season. I can assure you that. This big of a decision didn't come down to the outcome of an irrelevant NIT game. You were obviously just out of the loop on what was going on.

Yeah I know that. But he was suggesting that we are loaded up on three-star forwards.

I consider Race a 3 Star. Yeah, on some sites he's a 4 Star instead, but how many kids that good red shirt? Virtually zero.

And don't tell me about "injuries" because if he had to play, he would.

Plus, IIRC, Forester isn't the only 3 star forward in '18 Archie is still after.

Still waiting for someone to show me what team plays every kid on the roster when they whine, "How do you know the kid won't see the court" when we're STACKED at his position.

I consider Race a 3 Star. Yeah, on some sites he's a 4 Star instead, but how many kids that good red shirt? Virtually zero.

Plus, IIRC, Forester isn't the only 3 star forward in '18 Archie is still after.

Still waiting for someone to show me what team plays every kid on the roster when they whine, "How do you know the kid won't see the court" when we're STACKED at his position.

While you're right that Forrester could come on board as the 8th forward on the team, He's potentially a power big that rim protects and we never have many of those.

Forrester will likely need a year of development before getting big minutes. We know Morgan will be gone by the time Forrester is a soph, and Davis may have a shot at the NBA by then.

We really only have Clifton and Race as power bigs, that we can count on being here, when Forrester arrives for his sophomore season. Hunter and Smith will be more slasher, perimeter swiss army knife types, while Anderson seems more like a tall shooting guard.

I've been moaning for a long time about not having enough bigs, so to me the roster makeup is moving in the proper direction finally. Part of the issue for some is probably due to the fact that the scouting services just list everybody over 6'5 as a forward regardless of skill-set and projected role.

This is the long way to say, we only have too many forwards if you see a basketball roster in the simplest of terms... G-F-C. This is only my opinion though and I may have some or all of these forwards misdiagnosed as to player type, but I do believe that forward is the most diverse of the traditional basketball positions.

While you're right that Forrester could come on board as the 8th forward on the team, He's potentially a power big that rim protects and we never have many of those.

Forrester will likely need a year of development before getting big minutes. We know Morgan will be gone by the time Forrester is a soph, and Davis may have a shot at the NBA by then.

We really only have Clifton and Race as power bigs, that we can count on being here, when Forrester arrives for his sophomore season. Hunter and Smith will be more slasher, perimeter swiss army knife types, while Anderson seems more like a tall shooting guard.

I've been moaning for a long time about not having enough bigs, so to me the roster makeup is moving in the proper direction finally. Part of the issue for some is probably due to the fact that the scouting services just list everybody over 6'5 as a forward regardless of skill-set and projected role.

This is the long way to say, we only have too many forwards if you see a basketball roster in the simplest of terms... G-F-C. This is only my opinion though and I may have some or all of these forwards misdiagnosed as to player type, but I do believe that forward is the most diverse of the traditional basketball positions.
No, you're absolutely right. All of those guys bring different things to the table.

3 star.... Oladipo .... Sheehey ... Newton .... I don't know. Let's see before we spout off about it.
And Williams

Before he was redshirted he was a 4* everywhere. There a plenty of recruits that could use a redshirt year.he was just one that was lucky enough to use one. I'm sure Deron Davis could've used one. What if we had 4 more years of him?

You're mistaken on this. The decision was made well before the end of the season. I can assure you that. This big of a decision didn't come down to the outcome of an irrelevant NIT game. You were obviously just out of the loop on what was going on.

lol oh boy. Please tell me where I said the decision was made after the end of the season? I said after the outcome of season was decided. That happened before the season ended. You however were complaining before the season STARTED. Big difference. But try and continue to feed your rubbish you've spewed since day one and still are just as incorrect now as you were then.

so what? Just because he still has some gas in the tank does not mean he get's free pass on his moronic behavior, at least to me it doesn't.

The reason he is not here is that the big time donors started to voice displeasure and not a bunch of message board fans.

Right, he wanted him gone, and way before you, but he didn't tell anyone!

Can you not be both?

You could definitely be both but both have distinctly different leverage points which is what he was stating. Speaking as a donor directly to Glass has leverage. Speaking as a donor via a post on indiana.forums.rivals.com.......no leverage. Hence the lack of value.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
lol oh boy. Please tell me where I said the decision was made after the end of the season? I said after the outcome of season was decided. That happened before the season ended. You however were complaining before the season STARTED. Big difference. But try and continue to feed your rubbish you've spewed since day one and still are just as incorrect now as you were then.
Per Donald Rumsfeld, there are 3 categories of what we know:
1. Known knowns
2. Known unknowns
3. Unknown unknowns

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and put you in category 3. Believe me on this, you don't know what you don't know.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Per Donald Rumsfeld, there are 3 categories of what we know:
1. Known knowns
2. Known unknowns
3. Unknown unknowns

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and put you in category 3. Believe me on this, you don't know what you don't know.

Did you just quote....*gulp*.....Donald Rumsfeld?

rumsfeld.jpg

Yes I did. Pretty smart guy who we can all learn a thing or two from. Regardless of politics.

I will leave that statement alone as there's nothing I can add to it to make it sound anymore foolish.

You could definitely be both but both have distinctly different leverage points which is what he was stating. Speaking as a donor directly to Glass has leverage. Speaking as a donor via a post on indiana.forums.rivals.com.......no leverage. Hence the lack of value.

wrong. sure, any given post has no weight but the general mood of internet boards was likely measured. you don't think leaders gather information wherever they can?

but i am enjoying this conversation. the crean apologists like you and IUSCOTT swore up and down that small fans and posting boards had no say in whether crean was canned or nor and then glass pretty much made a hire based on our wish list. did he go to peegs.com to make his decision? no, but it's just as silly to think he wasn't going a lot of places trying to tell which way the wind was blowing.

so now crean is gone and all you and IUSCOTT have are tired arguments. good luck with that.

Reactions: snarlcakes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT