ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Beshear

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
Dem political operatives need to start seriously considering this guy for national office, including the highest office.

Any cardboard cutout/game show host lookalike with a "D" after his name can win in California. But a Democrat winning statewide twice, in deep-red Kentucky (and against a Trump-endorsed candidate!) is a very big deal. Guy's a winner and obviously has bipartisan appeal. Go Andy!

I tend to agree, but I also wonder how much of his success with traditionally Republican voters in Kentucky is due, in part, to the lingering hangover from Brad Bevin. I think the ads connecting Cameron with Bevin were pretty effective.

Reactions: Bowlmania
I tend to agree, but I also wonder how much of his success with traditionally Republican voters in Kentucky is due, in part, to the lingering hangover from Brad Bevin. I think the ads connecting Cameron with Bevin were pretty effective.
Cameron did everything he could to distance himself from Matt Bevin but, you're right, that could be part of it.

How bad do dems tend to lose?

Around me, republicans won most everything, but looking at the races that were contested, they didn't win by large amounts (a 5 to 10 percent swing would have flipped many of races).

Impressive feat by bashear. At least it shows some voters in Kentucky can look past the party affiliation

Gubernatorial elections have absolutely zero reflective value on Presidential elections. Christie won NJ by 23 points in 2013. He would've lost NJ to Obama by 15 in 2012 had he been the Republican nominee.

Gubernatorial elections have absolutely zero reflective value on Presidential elections. Christie won NJ by 23 points in 2013. He would've lost NJ to Obama by 15 in 2012 had he been the Republican nominee.
You're clueless as usual, but good job on actually posting original content and not simply regurgitating something some idiot posted on X.

Trump managed to fvck up his reelection bid, but incumbent presidents generally have an enormous advantage when seeking a second term. Obama leveraged that advantage over Romney and would have enjoyed it over any other Republican the GOP might have put up that year. That said, you're just pulling stuff out of your ass. You have no idea how Christie would have done against Obama in 2012. Christie was still extremely popular in NJ (this was before Bridgegate), he pummeled his opponent when he ran for relection in 2013, and it's stupid to assume Obama would have kicked his ass there the year before.

Beshear, a Dem, now has won twice in deep-red Kentucky. That's a big effing deal, and he's now a player on the national stage. I know that's scary for hyper-partisans like you who get off on Trump, divisiveness and nothing ever getting done.

Now you’re posting what you think might have happened in a race that never would have or could have happened. It’s clearly illogical thinking too, since you don’t have any evidence, as usual, that that would have happened - not even one of your thoroughly discredited polls. You embarrass yourself with every post.

Dem political operatives need to start seriously considering this guy for national office, including the highest office.

Any cardboard cutout/game show host lookalike with a "D" after his name can win in California. But a Democrat winning statewide twice, in deep-red Kentucky (and against a Trump-endorsed candidate!) is a very big deal. Guy's a winner and obviously has bipartisan appeal. Go Andy!

Mrs. Andy is a babe.

ap-19344787786666.jpg

must have been emotional torture for Billy Joe Bob.

do i vote for the Dem or the black guy?

Reactions: UncleMark
Your morons realize Beshear is basically a nutless, do nothing Governor right? He has a super majority Republican legislature that has overridden him more than any other sitting Governor in the country.

He basically sits there and watches his Republican legislature pass laws while he makes a frowny face and equivocates. Kentucky also has a strange history of Democrat governors. I’m not sure the reason. But it’s what they do.

Be very careful about pulling people out of some Kentucky backwater because of some perceived sense of bipartisan pragmatism.

The devil is always in the details. And the details say, that Beshear, hasn’t done shit but be an alternative to a really jarring Republican administration.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Your morons realize Beshear is basically a nutless, do nothing Governor right? He has a super majority Republican legislature that has overridden him more than any other sitting Governor in the country.

He basically sits there and watches his Republican legislature pass laws while he makes a frowny face and equivocates. Kentucky also has a strange history of Democrat governors. I’m not sure the reason. But it’s what they do.

Be very careful about pulling people out of some Kentucky backwater because of some perceived sense of bipartisan pragmatism.

The devil is always in the details. And the details say, that Beshear, hasn’t done shit but be an alternative to a really jarring Republican administration.
The key question for him: is he a UK fan? If so, hard pass.

Reactions: jet812
The key question for him: is he a UK fan? If so, hard pass.
Kentuckians, maybe more than any other state love their traditions. The pageantry.

Churchill Downs, Political dynasties, pretending like anyone still cares about the Reds (one of the only two original 8 franchises that retained their name), the men drink whiskey while the women fall victim to the opiate addictions.

A great American state.

Again Gubernatorial elections have no bearing nationally. Deep red Indiana elected Bayh and O'Bannon as Governors. Would any Dem here have wanted them as the nominee? They would've gotten destroyed.

Mike DeWine just won reelection by 25 points in a swing state. He would be obliterated if he were the Republican nominee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT