ADVERTISEMENT

And Now, The Backward-Ass Third World Counties

Like the entire Amish community?
In the mainstream world that might be the perception. BUT that’s not the case.

I borrowed this online. I know for wokes like you this is laughable: Amish women are esteemed in Amish society for the contribution they make to home and community. They are mothers, managers of the household, and play an important role in maintaining communal ties. As the home is considered in some ways the center of Amish life, her role in maintaining it is highly important.

Amish women do submit to their husbands heading the family.

You can laugh at their lifestyle but for the most part they have a much more stable community than the rest of the world.

In the mainstream world that might be the perception. BUT that’s not the case.

I borrowed this online. I know for wokes like you this is laughable: Amish women are esteemed in Amish society for the contribution they make to home and community. They are mothers, managers of the household, and play an important role in maintaining communal ties. As the home is considered in some ways the center of Amish life, her role in maintaining it is highly important.

Amish women do submit to their husbands heading the family.

You can laugh at their lifestyle but for the most part they have a much more stable community than the rest of the world.
They live in the mainstream world.

I’m reading the book Behind the Blue Curtains. You should too, because as usual you aren’t understanding anything.

The woman who wrote it thinks it’s so important that you can download it for free.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
They live in the mainstream world.

I’m reading the book Behind the Blue Curtains. You should too, because as usual you aren’t understanding anything.

The woman who wrote it thinks it’s so important that you can download it for free.
Yea, I was born and raised in an Amish Community. I have many Amish relatives. I am suppose to be lectured by you on Amish life? The Amish aren’t perfect by any means. Says a lot you’re making your judgement based on one book. I bet you loved watching Amish Mafia too. Lol. What a pompous know it all. Drive your expensive car down to southern Indiana and I’ll introduce you to a few Amish. You can sit down and have supper with them. They aren’t fancy. They call it supper instead of dinner. Dinner is lunch there.

BTW more than 50 years ago an Amish man in our community was sexual abusing one maybe two of his daughters. Amish men stopped it. They castrated him. He didn’t bleed to death nor go to jail. He didn’t abuse any more girls.

Yea, I was born and raised in an Amish Community. I have many Amish relatives. I am suppose to be lectured by you on Amish life? The Amish aren’t perfect by any means. Says a lot you’re making your judgement based on one book. I bet you loved watching Amish Mafia too. Lol. What a pompous know it all. Drive your expensive car down to southern Indiana and I’ll introduce you to a few Amish. You can sit down and have supper with them. They aren’t fancy. They call it supper instead of dinner. Dinner is lunch there.

BTW more than 50 years ago an Amish man in our community was sexual abusing one maybe two of his daughters. Amish men stopped it. They castrated him. He didn’t bleed to death nor go to jail. He didn’t abuse any more girls.
No, you should be told by Amish people what real life is like. Read the book.
And it’s not just one book. It’s listening to people who talk about what life is like behind the “curtain” of quaint wagons and olde tyme clothes.

This book isn’t about tearing the Amish apart; she simply tells her story as she lived it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC

What became of the abuser? Did he stay in the community?

No, you should be told by Amish people what real life is like. Read the book.
The book isn’t all Amish! I said they aren’t perfect and there are issues. You’re picking a book and indicting the whole group.

I have many issues with the Amish but for the most part they are good people. They are no better or worse than other peoples. They’re not pushing their lifestyle on you so why the hell you giving them a hard time? Amish kids are free to leave the religion.

How do you feel about Muslim treatment of women? How about the Mullahs issuing death sentences on those that speech they don’t agree with? It’s good Amish Bishops aren’t like that or they’d be sending a death squad after you.

He stayed in the community but was pretty much a pariah. There are many that think law enforcement and prosecutors are too lenient with the Amish community.

I know of other instances where Amish men sexually abused girls. They were allowed to be sent to religious treatment centers instead of jail time. Most times it’s been impossible for law enforcement and prosecutors to get information to do anything. I think that’s changing.

I lot of what he says is true. With all the technology available there is absolutely no reason all the votes shouldn't be counted quickly but there is always some shenanigans somewhere. Oh look what we found...a box of uncounted ballots or some shit like that. There should be a procedure in place where ballots NEVER get misplaced.
Florida counted nearly 2.8 million mail ballots by midnight Tuesday.

So “we mostly vote by mail” can’t possibly be an excuse for Arizona and California.

What is it then? Why are these states not bothered by their failure to timely count votes when a clear solution exists.

So “we mostly vote by mail” can’t possibly be an excuse for Arizona and California.

What is it then? Why are these states not bothered by their failure to timely count votes when a clear solution exists.
Florida counts their mail in ballots as they come in - not wait until election day.

Reactions: UncleMark
Florida counts their mail in ballots as they come in - not wait until election day.
The thing is…it’s not a Republican or Democratic issue. FL-23 Rep. Moskowitz (D) recently defended Florida’s process against a Trump tirade. Democrats don’t benefit from California taking a week to do what Florida does in a day. No minority groups interests are harmed by faster counting.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
The thing is…it’s not a Republican or Democratic issue. FL-23 Rep. Moskowitz (D) recently defended Florida’s process against a Trump tirade. Democrats don’t benefit from California taking a week to do what Florida does in a day. No minority groups interests are harmed by faster counting.
FYI - FLorida doesn't do it in a day. They count mail-in votes as they come in.

She left when she was 17. She was first sexually assaulted at age 5 by her uncle and was raped at age 14 by another member of the community 24 times. It was almost 30 years later that the rapist was convicted and given a slap on the wrist.

the Amish keep everything swept under the rug. If a girl takes something to the elders, they then become at risk for their “sins”. Not much different from any other religious extremist communities.

It is quite literally an incestuous community.

Is it more important to get it done right or done fast?

He stayed in the community but was pretty much a pariah. There are many that think law enforcement and prosecutors are too lenient with the Amish community.

I know of other instances where Amish men sexually abused girls. They were allowed to be sent to religious treatment centers instead of jail time. Most times it’s been impossible for law enforcement and prosecutors to get information to do anything. I think that’s changing.
Not Amish, but Josh Duggar comes to mind, as that was how he was handled.

This is why I’m making the point to you that although they want to live in an 18th or 19th century world, they can’t. They are living here and now, just like everyone else. So when people make up their mind to go public because they’re tired of being raped, the public is going find out about it quickly because of the internet and react in the same way that is (hopefully) going on with the Catholic Church, Fundamentalist Mormons, and any other religious extremist movement.

Is it more important to get it done right or done fast?
Are you saying Florida’s count is inaccurate?
As I’ve said before…this is a bipartisan problem.

Arizona has had a GOP trifecta for 14 years. For all of Lake’s complaining about the 2020 election, there’s been little interest by Arizona republicans in reforming how their state counts. A timely, accurate count would eliminate fraud fears among all except the true crazies.

Are you saying Florida’s count is inaccurate?
As I’ve said before…this is a bipartisan problem.

Arizona has had a GOP trifecta for 14 years. For all of Lake’s complaining about the 2020 election, there’s been little interest by Arizona republicans in reforming how their state counts. A timely, accurate count would eliminate fraud fears among all except the true crazies.
Well in Arizona’s case they are having a person from both parties look at each vote. All this nonsense about voter fraud has caused this.

Aren’t you forgetting about Florida in 2000?

Well in Arizona’s case they are having a person from both parties look at each vote. All this nonsense about voter fraud has caused this.

Aren’t you forgetting about Florida in 2000?
What does Florida in 2000 have to do with anything?
Did Gore win Florida?
Did Florida identify a problem and look for a solution?
Good grief…

Reactions: stollcpa
What does Florida in 2000 have to do with anything?
Did Gore win Florida?
Did Florida identify a problem and look for a solution?
Good grief…
No, but you’re acting like this can’t happen. Illinois race was called mid afternoon i think. The machines worked perfectly, as GA’s hand recount showed in 2020. Scare tactics about nonexistent voter fraud from Trumpsters are what’s driving this.

There was already a nutty protest in AZ. From the AZ Central:

“Demonstrators circled the barricaded Election Center building seven times, to reenact the Battle of Jericho. As described in the biblical Book of Joshua, the walls of Jericho fell after the Israelites marched around the city walls once a day for six days, and seven times on the seventh day.”

These people are unhinged in every way.

Last edited:
  • Haha
No, but you’re acting like this can’t happen. Illinois race was called mid afternoon i think. The machines worked perfectly, as GA’s hand recount showed in 2020. Scare tactics about nonexistent voter fraud from Trumpsters are what’s driving this.

There was already a nutty protest in AZ. From the AZ Central:

“Demonstrators circled the barricaded Election Center building seven times, to reenact the Battle of Jericho. As described in the biblical Book of Joshua, the walls of Jericho fell after the Israelites marched around the city walls once a day for six days, and seven times on the seventh day.”

These people are unhinged in every way.

As opposed to leftist marching against things in pink pussy hats and whatever else. You post a lot about Amish and some true but you also remind me of an Amish horse with blinders on so the can only see right in front of their face what they want to.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
As opposed to leftist marching against things in pink pussy hats and whatever else. You post a lot about Amish and some true but you also remind me of an Amish horse with blinders on so the can only see right in front of their face what they want to.
You should see the way you look in your blindfold. ;)

Not Amish, but Josh Duggar comes to mind, as that was how he was handled.

This is why I’m making the point to you that although they want to live in an 18th or 19th century world, they can’t. They are living here and now, just like everyone else. So when people make up their mind to go public because they’re tired of being raped, the public is going find out about it quickly because of the internet and react in the same way that is (hopefully) going on with the Catholic Church, Fundamentalist Mormons, and any other religious extremist movement.
He grew up with them
You read a book

I lot of what he says is true. With all the technology available there is absolutely no reason all the votes shouldn't be counted quickly but there is always some shenanigans somewhere. Oh look what we found...a box of uncounted ballots or some shit like that. There should be a procedure in place where ballots NEVER get misplaced.
Is it another location where republican legislature won't allow votes to be counted early?

Often times the places that have a delay for counting are that way because of purposefully being forced to wait til election day or to even start the counting of votes.

Growing up, I helped install flooring with my grandpa as a kid in homes when I was young during summers (talking 12-14 year old). I still remember, he would give me a $100 a week, which was good money for a 12 year old back then.

We would work along a lot of Amish folk who would do the woodwork or roofing in the homes we would work in and got to know some of them pretty well.

One day, we got invited to a hog roast they were throwing so we went. It was the best food I can remember eating as a kid, but nobody said a word (outside of the prayer) while people were eating. I remember I whispered to my papa that I felt weird just sitting there, and he said, just eat your food, everyone will be done soon.

Once everyone was finished, oh my word, they through a shin dig. They had their own little band going and were line dancing, I like a couple people were even playing the spoons. It was so much fun. I was sure looking forward going to work the next time to see them and just tell them how much fun I had to thank them for having us there.

Growing up, I helped install flooring with my grandpa as a kid in homes when I was young during summers (talking 12-14 year old). I still remember, he would give me a $100 a week, which was good money for a 12 year old back then.

We would work along a lot of Amish folk who would do the woodwork or roofing in the homes we would work in and got to know some of them pretty well.

One day, we got invited to a hog roast they were throwing so we went. It was the best food I can remember eating as a kid, but nobody said a word (outside of the prayer) while people were eating. I remember I whispered to my papa that I felt weird just sitting there, and he said, just eat your food, everyone will be done soon.

Once everyone was finished, oh my word, they through a shin dig. They had their own little band going and were line dancing, I like a couple people were even playing the spoons. It was so much fun. I was sure looking forward going to work the next time to see them and just tell them how much fun I had to thank them for having us there.
Amish love big community get togethers with lots of food.

You aren't kidding.

That crowd was ROWDY once there bellies were full.
Some Rumspringa parties are pretty wild too from what I hear. Hoopydoc doesn't have any real experience besides a book. Just like anywhere there are some bad things that happen on occasion. Been around them my whole life.

Reactions: DANC
I don't think Desantis would run in the primary against Trump anyway. It would be mutual suicide. He's young enough to bide his time and wait until 2028.

I'll still believe Trump's running when he says it - I have my doubts he will.
I hope DeSantis runs and Trump looks hard at the candidates he backed that lost, not all republicans like he has, stepping aside and working to get them to come out and vote for the Republican candidate. He is trying to intimidate anyone running against him and DeSantis has team to counter Trumps attacks. I am not mentioning that Trump is too old and shouldn't run because your health can decline quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT