ADVERTISEMENT

Allen's Buyout / Coaching Hot Board

Based on which metrics would he have been as good? So Feeney gets hurt, Camiel goes down, and his interceptions increased in 2016 and he had a drop off. What do you think would’ve happened in 2017 with his entire o-line essentially leaving? I just don’t see any logical reason as to how having Wilson would’ve suddenly made Lagow a better QB when he was a 58% passer with a decent offensive line. Without those guys, it was predictable that he’d play worse because he can take handle pressure. QB knockdowns increased this year, and they gave up 29 sacks, and hurries increased. To put that into perspective, in 2015, they gave up only 13 sacks and 15 hurries. That made Sudfeld look really good. Sudfeld would’ve struggled in 2017 with this terrible offensive line. I just don’t see how having Wilson fixes that issue, because the offensive trended downward in 2016, and all signs show that the downtrend was going to continue
The offense trended downward in 2016 because we lost Sudfeld, who is a NFL player. Lagow is nowhere near that level.

My point is this offense would've been much better had Wilson been here. All the statistics show that. This is partially because Debord was a complete disaster. You can criticize Wilson all you want as a HC, but talking strictly offense he's one of the best in the biz. That's why Urban scooped him up immediately and are paying him 7 figures as a coordinator.

As Corso is find of saying "not so fast." Sudfeld came because of Seth Litrell, not Kevin Wilson. And Lagow was not great in 2016 in almost every other metric than yardage.
A lot of players come for assistants in college sports. You think the HC is the only one recruiting kids? That's why it's on the HC to get a competent staff.

The bottom line is Wilson had Sudfeld and a more effective Lagow while he was here. There's no way to know what new QBs we could've had now if he was still around. Unfortunately it looks like we're stuck with the Allen/Debord combo that has our season ending in November again.

I agree, I don't think Wilson was what you would consider a good head coach, though. He certainly had flashy offenses, which I miss, but it was shocking how little he knew about defense.

In 2016, Tennessee’s offense had a RECORD-SETTING season

They scored more points (473) and touchdowns (63) than any season in history.

The OC was Mike DeBord

You fellas can keep trying to talk him down based on this year, his first at IU, where he had an offense that had to use it’s No. 4-5 RBs and a freshman all season, and WR’s No.s 1, 4 and 5, and had to replace 3 starting OL.

But it just makes you look dumb.

And I won’t mention his national championship at Michigan and Tom Brady. Not fair to pile on.

A lot of players come for assistants in college sports. You think the HC is the only one recruiting kids? That's why it's on the HC to get a competent staff.

The bottom line is Wilson had Sudfeld and a more effective Lagow while he was here. There's no way to know what new QBs we could've had now if he was still around. Unfortunately it looks like we're stuck with the Allen/Debord combo that has our season ending in November again.

Can't wait to have Coach Allen back next year and the year after.....

And with a QB (make that 3 or 4) that is a threat to run, Debord will do just fine. Any OC would have been handcuffed with IU's lineup in 2017 (left behind by the one and only, Coach Wilson).

Next year's offense will be just fine and light years better than this years.

Last edited:

The OC was Mike DeBord

You fellas can keep trying to talk him down based on this year, his first at IU, where he had an offense that had to use it’s No. 4-5 RBs and a freshman all season, and WR’s No.s 1, 4 and 5, and had to replace 3 starting OL.

And I won’t mention his national championship at Michigan and Tom Brady. Not fair to pile on.

Yup. This.

Very disappointed about losing to PU. Allen is our guy. Like any coach recruiting will determine his fate.
He can do the X's and the O's. (Most of them can)
Respectfully,

The offense trended downward in 2016 because we lost Sudfeld, who is a NFL player. Lagow is nowhere near that level.

My point is this offense would've been much better had Wilson been here. All the statistics show that. This is partially because Debord was a complete disaster. You can criticize Wilson all you want as a HC, but talking strictly offense he's one of the best in the biz. That's why Urban scooped him up immediately and are paying him 7 figures as a coordinator.
I agree. Wilson is an offensive genius, and he was a great scoop for OSU.
What we’re not emphasizing though is that Sudfeld had all day to throw, the O-line gave up the fewest sacks in the league, and we rushed for 2700 yards when Sudfeld was the QB. So of course he was going to look good. As we saw, when the line lost guys like Reed and Spriggs, the line began to decline. Lagow still played decently even with those two graduating the year before he came, but when Feeney and Camiel went down, Lagow’s stats began to fall off, and we rushed for far fewer yards. So the line directly impacted the production that the QB had because it’s going to be difficult for any QB to be productive when he is pressured. We gave up 16 more sacks in 16’ than in 15’, rushed for far fewer yards, and the QB play tailed off as the offensive line play got worse.

We agree that Wilson is an offensive genius, and I guess where we disagree is on whether or not losing Sudfeld was the reason why the offense declined. I just don’t think that’s the case. There’s a direct correlation between the Qb play and the quality of the line play. When Lagow can sit back and throw, he looks better than Sudfeld at times. When he has no time, he turns into the worst version of Brett farve. It’s night and day. If the line play is correlated to QB production, and if we can agree that the line was going to get worse from 16’ to 17’, then we’d agree that even Wilson would’ve had issues due to the fact that he simply didn’t have a high quality line like he had in prior years.

I agree. Wilson is an offensive genius, and he was a great scoop for OSU.
What we’re not emphasizing though is that Sudfeld had all day to throw, the O-line gave up the fewest sacks in the league, and we rushed for 2700 yards when Sudfeld was the QB. So of course he was going to look good. As we saw, when the line lost guys like Reed and Spriggs, the line began to decline. Lagow still played decently even with those two graduating the year before he came, but when Feeney and Camiel went down, Lagow’s stats began to fall off, and we rushed for far fewer yards. So the line directly impacted the production that the QB had because it’s going to be difficult for any QB to be productive when he is pressured. We gave up 16 more sacks in 16’ than in 15’, rushed for far fewer yards, and the QB play tailed off as the offensive line play got worse.

We agree that Wilson is an offensive genius, and I guess where we disagree is on whether or not losing Sudfeld was the reason why the offense declined. I just don’t think that’s the case. There’s a direct correlation between the Qb play and the quality of the line play. When Lagow can sit back and throw, he looks better than Sudfeld at times. When he has no time, he turns into the worst version of Brett farve. It’s night and day. If the line play is correlated to QB production, and if we can agree that the line was going to get worse from 16’ to 17’, then we’d agree that even Wilson would’ve had issues due to the fact that he simply didn’t have a high quality line like he had in prior years.

Doesn't someone get paid to look out into the future a year or two and determine who is graduating and who isn't so the coaching staff can properly determine its recruiting priorities?
My point is: Why didn't we know the OL was going to graduate and we needed to recruit their equals or superiors -- and then, why didn't we go out and do that?

Doesn't someone get paid to look out into the future a year or two and determine who is graduating and who isn't so the coaching staff can properly determine its recruiting priorities?
My point is: Why didn't we know the OL was going to graduate and we needed to recruit their equals or superiors -- and then, why didn't we go out and do that?

Because Wilson had “philosophical differences” with his boss, and was dealing with stuff in his program that interfered with regular program stuff.

And Glass got tired of the differences popping up and said “my way or the highway?”

And Wilson said “highway.”

Getting GOOD linemen is the toughest part of the recruiting game. Any misses or bad luck hurts. Just lack of good luck can be limiting. Almost always have to grow good lines. They don’t get born.

Because Wilson had “philosophical differences” with his boss, and was dealing with stuff in his program that interfered with regular program stuff.

And Glass got tired of the differences popping up and said “my way or the highway?”

And Wilson said “highway.”

Getting GOOD linemen is the toughest part of the recruiting game. Any misses or bad luck hurts. Just lack of good luck can be limiting. Almost always have to grow good lines. They don’t get born.
He had philosophical differences from day one and that didn’t impact his recruiting offensive lineman at the beginning. The simple answer is... he hit a dry spell and missed on a ton of dudes that he offered. He was paid to look at into the future.
Just for full disclosure... I really like Delroy Baker as a person and hope that he gets better, but that was flat out a miss. I could list others, but he just may be the most high profile because he had a Florida offer. At the time, that was your replacement for Ralston Evans at right tackle. That was Wilson looking out into the future. And he simply missed. To this point Delroy hasn’t shown that he was ever really a Big Ten Caliber player. Wisconsin on the other hand took a 6’5” 225 quarterback that we offered, and now he’s the best right tackle in the conference.
So you see, Wilson hit a dry spell, and he got away from finding the under the radar guys like Spriggs and Feeney, Camiel, ect. who may not have had Florida offers, but film, football IQ, height/weight all pointed towards them having potential. Baker never really developed, even under Fry and Wilson, and you can add many names to the list. Other guys like Herron/Gardner left. Even Evans(first recruiting class) wasn’t that highly touted, but had the under the radar measurable and football IQ and nastiness that makes a guy a good Big Ten lineman(now he’s coaching High School football... very smart player). Rarely gave up a sack, and is totally different than Delroy at that right tackle positions.
So basically Wilson hit on the right guys and then stopped hitting. I think that this theory sticks because Baker didn’t perform well with either staff. Martin lost his job in 15’ and 16’ to Bailey who simply performed better. LittleJohn didn’t show any signs of being ready in prior years. Cronk has been hurt and struggled as a freshman and sophomore, but should be good next year. Knight has been hurt and his best season (freshman all American I think) came as a tight end, not a tackle(even caught a TD in the bucket game in 15’). So we had a group of guys who were never really as good as the guys they replaced, haven’t shown that they’d be as good under either staff, and it’s probable to conclude that it was a simple case of Wilson missing on some guys after years of getting under the radar guys who panned out. The irony as that as guys got higher ratings, they turned out to not actually be as good of players, so a lot of fans assumed Indiana would be better based off of ratings, but nothing showed that these guys were ready to play which is why I don’t put a lot of wait on ratings.

Reactions: IUgradman
Can't wait to have Coach Allen back next year and the year after.....

And with a QB (make that 3 or 4) that is a threat to run, Debord will do just fine. Any OC would have been handcuffed with IU's lineup in 2017 (left behind by the one and only, Coach Wilson).

Next year's offense will be just fine and light years better than this years.
You could've copied and pasted this from dozens of posts before this season and it didn't exactly turn out that way. I guess we'll see next year.

The OC was Mike DeBord

And yet Butch was pushing him put the door. Were you really not aware of that?

DeBord acknowledged he was retiring until Allen called him. Were you really that in the dark that you weren't aware he was pushed out? Sorry about that.

How does retiring or actually wanting to move back to Indiana equate to being pushed out? Just because a coach is making a move for family doesn't mean he was pushed out.

You fabricate all sorts of things. If the guy was so incompetent, how did he ever land jobs at Michigan twice (yeah, he was so poorly thought of that Michigan rehired him)?

Do you just like to make this stuff up?

You seem to have an expert insight for someone who has never coached a down.

How does retiring or actually wanting to move back to Indiana equate to being pushed out? Just because a coach is making a move for family doesn't mean he was pushed out.

You fabricate all sorts of things. If the guy was so incompetent, how did he ever land jobs at Michigan twice (yeah, he was so poorly thought of that Michigan rehired him)?

Do you just like to make this stuff up?

You seem to have an expert insight for someone who has never coached a down.
It was widely acknowledged that he was pushed out at UT. If you weren't aware of that, maybe you should follow the sport more closely than you obviously do. At any rate, no need to blame me for your ignorance.

It was widely acknowledged that he was pushed out at UT. If you weren't aware of that, maybe you should follow the sport more closely than you obviously do. At any rate, no need to blame me for your ignorance.

Widely acknowledged between you, fpeaugh, Hoosier Hack and a source from The National Enquirer.

It's also widely acknowledged that you make up all sorts of garbage to suit your agenda.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
Widely acknowledged between you, fpeaugh, Hoosier Hack and a source from The National Enquirer.

It's also widely acknowledged that you make up all sorts of garbage to suit your agenda.
No, it was widely acknowledged among people who follow college football, which is why you were ignorant of it. I'm sorry you find yourself in that position so often.

Okay RB simmer down.....

I wasn’t even part of this...

UT fans just got a future coach canned.... they were thoroughly critical of our OC....

DeBord acknowledged he was retiring until Allen called him. Were you really that in the dark that you weren't aware he was pushed out? Sorry about that.

No, he didn’t.

In fact, he said almost exactly the opposite on live interviews published by this site.

You swallowed as truth rumors sent out by fool-fans from Tennessee who - like this week - did not and do not know what they are talking about. Like you.

You heard rumors and believed them.
You don’t “know” anything.

No, he didn’t.

In fact, he said almost exactly the opposite on live interviews published by this site.

You swallowed as truth rumors sent out by fool-fans from Tennessee who - like this week - did not and do not know what they are talking about. Like you.

You heard rumors and believed them.
You don’t “know” anything.
You couldn't be more wrong about this. UT was pushing him out and he was headed for the barn until Allen called. Sorry, your idiotic cliches don't help you on this one. They just reinforce your lack of knowledge.

Sorry, but that's an inaccurate puff piece designed to give MD a dignified exit after a nice career. It's far from unheard of if you follow the sport. You get dumber with every post, even with your alter ego.[/QUOTE ]

Coming from Ord 16.0 and Ewerzfan this is really encouraging to hear because everyone acknowledges your incredibly poor history on these boards and your outrageous disinformation here.

Thanks, RBB. You look foolish, as usual. To be so uninformed makes you look especially desperate. But thanks for the PM's. They're always entertaining.

Thanks, RBB. You look foolish, as usual. To be so uninformed makes you look especially desperate. But thanks for the PM's. They're always entertaining.

Proof positive you haven't a clue. I am not RBB.

See? It's not just one poster who knows you are full of sh$&!

There are many of us who see through your smear campaign against the program. You really cannot be this dumb?

There are many of us who see through your smear campaign against the program. You really cannot be this dumb?
I had to ignore him. Is he still doing this nonsense?

He had philosophical differences from day one and that didn’t impact his recruiting offensive lineman at the beginning. The simple answer is... he hit a dry spell and missed on a ton of dudes that he offered. He was paid to look at into the future.
Just for full disclosure... I really like Delroy Baker as a person and hope that he gets better, but that was flat out a miss. I could list others, but he just may be the most high profile because he had a Florida offer. At the time, that was your replacement for Ralston Evans at right tackle. That was Wilson looking out into the future. And he simply missed. To this point Delroy hasn’t shown that he was ever really a Big Ten Caliber player. Wisconsin on the other hand took a 6’5” 225 quarterback that we offered, and now he’s the best right tackle in the conference.
So you see, Wilson hit a dry spell, and he got away from finding the under the radar guys like Spriggs and Feeney, Camiel, ect. who may not have had Florida offers, but film, football IQ, height/weight all pointed towards them having potential. Baker never really developed, even under Fry and Wilson, and you can add many names to the list. Other guys like Herron/Gardner left. Even Evans(first recruiting class) wasn’t that highly touted, but had the under the radar measurable and football IQ and nastiness that makes a guy a good Big Ten lineman(now he’s coaching High School football... very smart player). Rarely gave up a sack, and is totally different than Delroy at that right tackle positions.
So basically Wilson hit on the right guys and then stopped hitting. I think that this theory sticks because Baker didn’t perform well with either staff. Martin lost his job in 15’ and 16’ to Bailey who simply performed better. LittleJohn didn’t show any signs of being ready in prior years. Cronk has been hurt and struggled as a freshman and sophomore, but should be good next year. Knight has been hurt and his best season (freshman all American I think) came as a tight end, not a tackle(even caught a TD in the bucket game in 15’). So we had a group of guys who were never really as good as the guys they replaced, haven’t shown that they’d be as good under either staff, and it’s probable to conclude that it was a simple case of Wilson missing on some guys after years of getting under the radar guys who panned out. The irony as that as guys got higher ratings, they turned out to not actually be as good of players, so a lot of fans assumed Indiana would be better based off of ratings, but nothing showed that these guys were ready to play which is why I don’t put a lot of wait on ratings.
^^^ Played here for KW and you should listen to him. ^^^

Thanks for admitting that you consider telling the truth to be a "smear campaign against the program". Nothing could more accurately describe your complete disregard for the truth than your own statements, and this one captured it quite well.

It's no wonder you're considered such a joke here. You and a few others missed so badly this year and, as a result, you look incredibly stupid. No wonder you're flailing, completely out of control. But, by all means, keep throwing your tantrum. We'll just stand back, watch, and laugh.

You couldn't be more wrong about this. UT was pushing him out and he was headed for the barn until Allen called. Sorry, your idiotic cliches don't help you on this one. They just reinforce your lack of knowledge.

Whatever.

You keep on believing those fools in Tennessee. I’ll believe Allen and Jones.

And the stats.
Math doesn’t lie.

Stupid Tennessee fans, internet dumbasses, so football-stupid they either did not know or did not care that DeBord’s last Tennessee offense in 2016 set Tennessee scoring and TD RECORDS, bitched about Jones and DeBord. That is what fanboys do. They’ll bitch about the next coach too. But don’t kid yourself. They were stupid internet dumbasses. They still are.

Look at their program today. “What have you done for me lately” front-running football fools who wouldn’t know a cover-2 from a QB sneak got Fulmer fired, and they’ve been swirling the toilet since, until they got together on the Twitter this week to make UT the laughingstock of college football. Rumor mongers. Pinheads. People who who think “truth” is what they hear on the street or read in newspapers on the internet.

And yet internet quarterbacks everywhere buy whatever they say like it’s gold from the throne of God. “His offense sucked.” Ummm, no. It set records. “Well, they ran him out anyway.” Umm. No. Coaches don’t really care what fanboys think. Allen hired him away.

Face it Lucy, you deal in popular culture, not football. If some N.Y. internet dumbass told you Lou Gehrig was a lazy sissy, you’d be touting it on the internet like it was a secret only you knew. And when they showed you he played over 2000 straight games, you’d call it a puff piece. Facts don’t ever meet your opinions.

To you, DeBord is a crappy OC because you heard Michigan fans and Tennessee fans say that. Fine. Own it.

Whatever.

You keep on believing those fools in Tennessee. I’ll believe Allen and Jones.

And the stats.
Math doesn’t lie.

Stupid Tennessee fans, internet dumbasses, so football-stupid they either did not know or did not care that DeBord’s last Tennessee offense in 2016 set Tennessee scoring and TD RECORDS, bitched about Jones and DeBord. That is what fanboys do. They’ll bitch about the next coach too. But don’t kid yourself. They were stupid internet dumbasses. They still are.

Look at their program today. “What have you done for me lately” front-running football fools who wouldn’t know a cover-2 from a QB sneak got Fulmer fired, and they’ve been swirling the toilet since, until they got together on the Twitter this week to make UT the laughingstock of college football. Rumor mongers. Pinheads. People who who think “truth” is what they hear on the street or read in newspapers on the internet.

And yet internet quarterbacks everywhere buy whatever they say like it’s gold from the throne of God. “His offense sucked.” Ummm, no. It set records. “Well, they ran him out anyway.” Umm. No. Coaches don’t really care what fanboys think. Allen hired him away.

Face it Lucy, you deal in popular culture, not football. If some N.Y. internet dumbass told you Lou Gehrig was a lazy sissy, you’d be touting it on the internet like it was a secret only you knew. And when they showed you he played over 2000 straight games, you’d call it a puff piece. Facts don’t ever meet your opinions.

To you, DeBord is a crappy OC because you heard Michigan fans and Tennessee fans say that. Fine. Own it.
You can stomp your foot all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that MD got pushed out of UT. It may or may not have been the right move, but it happened in spite of your idiotic rant. Sorry, but your mindless babble was as tired as your phony cliches, which only show your insincerity and abject ignorance. Its likely you have to own that burden every day. And you knew nothing about DeBord before he got to Bloomington, which only makes you look dumber.

Thanks for admitting that you consider telling the truth to be a "smear campaign against the program". Nothing could more accurately describe your complete disregard for the truth than your own statements, and this one captured it quite well.

It's no wonder you're considered such a joke here. You and a few others missed so badly this year and, as a result, you look incredibly stupid. No wonder you're flailing, completely out of control. But, by all means, keep throwing your tantrum. We'll just stand back, watch, and laugh.

Nope. You are way off again Ord.
My preseason prediction was 6-6.
So, I was off by 1 game. I was also smart enough (apparently you weren't) to have legit concerns with Lagow as the signal caller, even as you continued to go "balls deep" on his ability to guide this team to consistent success. You even became unhinged when Ramsey came in relief at UVA, thinking you knew more than the coaches. Watching you flail around here pretending to have some expertise is pure comedy gold!

Nope. You are way off again Ord.
My preseason prediction was 6-6.
So, I was off by 1 game. I was also smart enough (apparently you weren't) to have legit concerns with Lagow as the signal caller, even as you continued to go "balls deep" on his ability to guide this team to consistent success. You even became unhinged when Ramsey came in relief at UVA, thinking you knew more than the coaches. Watching you flail around here pretending to have some expertise is pure comedy gold!
Would you link that post predicting 6-6? I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding it! You're fooling no one. That you can only focus on one position shows how little you know. You're embarrassing yourself by posting here.

You can stomp your foot all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that MD got pushed out of UT. It may or may not have been the right move, but it happened in spite of your idiotic rant. Sorry, but your mindless babble was as tired as your phony cliches, which only show your insincerity and abject ignorance. Its likely you have to own that burden every day. And you knew nothing about DeBord before he got to Bloomington, which only makes you look dumber.

You can flap gum all you want. Your internet knowledge is a fail.

I get info from a guy who wrote for the Knoxville paper covering Tennessee sports that I met in 1982 and who retired this summer.

You like to act like you know things. You don’t.

Go away boy. You bother people.

First thing you got wrong was that DeBord had basically retired from field coaching before ever going to UT. Jones talked him back on to the field. Your Michigansee internet sources conflated those two events over a period of several internet years.

Of course he might have retired from Tennessee. But he was not in the process of retiring OR being run off. You.are.wrong.

Here’s what Mike Strange wrote about DeBord during Spring Practice 2016, after his first season and before his last season at UT:

“...

DeBord was hired Feb. 6, 2015, after Mike Bajakian left to try his hand at the NFL. The public reception was wait-and-see — at best. DeBord was once Jones' mentor at Central Michigan, but his most recent gig was administrating Olympic sports at Michigan.

Thirteen games later, I'm not hearing much complaining about DeBord.”

Oops. Turns out people at UT were not really running DeBord out - like you said they were. Unless they did it AFTER the record setting 2016 season. Which would make them internet football dumbasses (but still capable of persuading other internet dumbasses).

Here’s more from Mike:

“In the big picture, many of Tennessee's offensive numbers made impressive jumps from 2014 to 2015. More talented, more experienced players deserve much of the credit. Still, coaching and play-calling are part of the equation.

For example:

Scoring: Tennessee went from 10th in the SEC in 2014 to third in 2015.

Rushing: The Vols improved from 13th to second.

Total offense: 11th to seventh.

Third-down conversions: 11th to second.

Fourth-down conversions: fifth to first.”

You said DeBord sucked and sucks as an OC. The numbers disagree.

How in the hell could a person ignore that data and still say DeBord’s offense sucked? Only 2 ways - gotta be an internet dumbass or listen to internet dumbasses.

So, let’s review the tape.

According to you and internet dumbasses, DeBoed sucked and still does.
According to the numbers, he improved UT then set records.

According to you, he was retiring.
According to the facts, he came OUT of retirement and Allen hired him away after a record-setting season.

Your sources are internet dumbasses who made Tennessee a laughingstock.
Mine are a reporter who covered Tennessee football for over 30 years and the facts/numbers of Tennessee’s offense.

You can flap gum all you want. Your internet knowledge is a fail.

I get info from a guy who wrote for the Knoxville paper covering Tennessee sports that I met in 1982 and who retired this summer.

You like to act like you know things. You don’t.

First thing you got wrong was that DeBord had basically retired from field coaching before ever going to UT. Jones talked him back on to the field. Your Michigansee internet sources conflated those two events over a period of several internet years.

Of course he might have retired from Tennessee. But he was not in the process of retiring OR being run off. You.are.wrong.

Here’s what Mike Strange wrote about DeBord during Spring Practice 2016, after his first season and before his last season at UT:

“...

DeBord was hired Feb. 6, 2015, after Mike Bajakian left to try his hand at the NFL. The public reception was wait-and-see — at best. DeBord was once Jones' mentor at Central Michigan, but his most recent gig was administrating Olympic sports at Michigan.

Thirteen games later, I'm not hearing much complaining about DeBord.”

Oops. Turns out people at UT were not really running DeBord out - like you said they were. Unless they did it AFTER the record setting 2016 season. Which would make them internet football dumbasses (but still capable of persuading other internet dumbasses).

Here’s more from Mike:

“In the big picture, many of Tennessee's offensive numbers made impressive jumps from 2014 to 2015. More talented, more experienced players deserve much of the credit. Still, coaching and play-calling are part of the equation.

For example:

Scoring: Tennessee went from 10th in the SEC in 2014 to third in 2015.

Rushing: The Vols improved from 13th to second.

Total offense: 11th to seventh.

Third-down conversions: 11th to second.

Fourth-down conversions: fifth to first.”

You said DeBord sucked and sucks as an OC. The numbers disagree.

How in the hell could a person ignore that data and still say DeBord’s offense sucked? Only 2 ways - gotta be an internet dumbass or listen to internet dumbasses.

So, let’s review the tape.

According to you and internet dumbasses, DeBoed sucked and still does.
According to the numbers, he improved UT then set records.

According to you, he was retiring.
According to the facts, he came OUT of retirement and Allen hired him away after a record-setting season.

Your sources are internet dumbasses who made Tennessee a laughingstock.
Mine are a reporter who covered Tennessee football for over 30 years and the facts/numbers of Tennessee’s offense.

He was getting pushed out no matter how much you ridiculously try to argue otherwise. Your folksy babble and empty cliches only underscore your ignorance as yet another poster who badly missed on this season and looks foolish as a result. You offered nothing of substance to prove he wasn't pushed out while also attributing things to me I never said. That makes you look even less informed, which seems to be an overwhelming trend for you. You're nothing but a paper tiger with worn out colloquialisms and no insight whatsoever.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT