ADVERTISEMENT

A Bison Sideline Mascot

No-brainer as frikkenfrakken said. Looks great.

U9QJuCn.jpg

QQRJjCI.png

Link to More Pictures and Source for the Above
Gotta admit….I do like that design and really like the script logo at midfield. Would love to see that be the design.

It appears the Owl is legit. As is a raccoon. lol

I can see how the Owl came about with the Hoooooosiers. But a raccoon? I guess going for a backwoods nature type mascot.

The string of temporary mascots started with an owl in 1908 (Hoo, Hoo, Hoo, Hoosiers!) and was shortly followed by a raccoon in 1909. Then-athletic trainer “Bernie” Bernstein’s toddler son represented Indiana in 1912, and a golden eagle nicknamed Jim Watson served a stint in 1916. Lack of support from students and fans alike put an end to their brief mascot careers.
I just do not want to be called the cicadas and show up every 17 years.

Gotta admit….I do like that design and really like the script logo at midfield. Would love to see that be the design.
Gotta admit I've been pretty blah about either block or script Indiana but that script in the middle of the field is classy.
Who the hell on here knows Dolson. I don't know what <20> bloggers with a few thoughts would mean to him but I'm guessing he might have 15 spare minutes. Maybe?
Jump ball!

For those not fond of "Candy Stripes" on the field, try thinking of them as "The Red and White Bars." If you have 13 of them (like in the concept posted earlier with the script "Indiana"), you could consider them an homage to the US flag. You could even consider honoring the offensive and defensive players of each game with a photo op in the category of "Stars and Bars."

For those not fond of "Candy Stripes" on the field, try thinking of them as "The Red and White Bars." If you have 13 of them (like in the concept posted earlier with the script "Indiana"), you could consider them an homage to the US flag. You could even consider honoring the offensive and defensive players of each game with a photo op in the category of "Stars and Bars."
Let's pay homage to them by putting them on the Red Steppers and leave it at that...😎

It's a travesty to have the fine candy stripe tradition associated with a team that doesn't contend.

So if this year isn't right there fighting for the B1G, it needs to transfer to the football team.

Speaking of the Red Steppers..., they'll need to up their game too with all those west coast girls now in the Big Ten mix...

Our women have always been competitively hot but we may need to tweek their uniforms to stay on top...
They changed them last year or the year before and their dance routines are sluttier.

I think the gold standard are the UCLA Song Girls - sexy, but classy.

They changed them last year or the year before and their dance routines are sluttier.

I think the gold standard are the UCLA Song Girls - sexy, but classy.
I just hope the band still plays “Sing, Sing ,Sing.” Everyone in the stands goes nuts for the 1936 big band era classic. Everyone, that is, who is 90 years old or older.
This year, the band will introduce such crowd pleasers as:

“Strike Up The Band (Here Comes A Sailor)” - 1900

“Down Upon The Suwanee River” - 1890

“Agrippina” - Handel’s hit 1710 song all the way from Venice, Italy.

I just hope the band still plays “Sing, Sing ,Sing.” Everyone in the stands goes nuts for the 1936 big band era classic. Everyone, that is, who is 90 years old or older.

I had hopes when they were hiring a new director, they would get one with more modern ideas to appeal to the crowds more. Unfortunately, they hired the same type of director as they always have.

Reactions: red hornet

LOL They play Sing Sing Sing at the end of the post-game performance and at the end of basketball games.

It's called tradition. And the song is a classic. So shut your pie hole.

Maybe they can play Cardi B's WAP. Would you want that? What music would you play, maestro?

LOL They play Sing Sing Sing at the end of the post-game performance and at the end of basketball games.

It's called tradition. And the song is a classic. So shut your pie hole.

Maybe they can play Cardi B's WAP. Would you want that? What music would you play, maestro?
Mmmm….that’s a tough one.
If it’s a home loss, maybe The Who’s “Won’t Get Fooled Again.”

A win might warrant”Rock You Like A Hurricane” by Scorpions.

I would be curious if they could pull off “Immigrant Song” by Led Zeppelin? Maybe have the the Plant vocals done by the sax section?

Last edited:
Mmmm….that’s a tough one.
If it’s a home loss, maybe The Who’s “Won’t Get Fooled Again.”

A win might warrant”Rock You Like A Hurricane” by Scorpions.

I would be curious if they could pull off “Immigrant Song” by Led Zeppelin? Maybe have the the Plant vocals done by the sax section?
Just so you know how much I like Sing Sing Sing, I've given instructions it be played at my funeral.

I figure if it's good enough for the football and basketball team to end on, it's good enough for me for the end.

Just so you know how much I like Sing Sing Sing, I've given instructions it be played at my funeral.

I figure if it's good enough for the football and basketball team to end on, it's good enough for me for the end.
It’s not a bad song. I kid about it.
It currently is, however, the most requested song in nursing homes nationally.

• Haha
Reactions: jsenleo and DANC
I got my bring back the bison t shirt today. I regret nothing.
Nice work. 😀

Forgot to add in the original workup: We also definitely need a tail...; which should be easy to obtain from one of the local Bison ranchs...

We'll also need something that will cover the athletic shoes that give the appearance of hooves... (maybe, once again, the real deal glued to the toe of a shoe with Bison hair covering the rest up to the ankle... (this might be the trickiest part of the costume to fabricate, may have to lose the rear (ground contact) hooves).

Add some slightly exaggerated muscles* beneath a Football jersey that has INDIANA in the nameplate area and the IU interlock around at the throat with the oversized number 24 (for the year [for easy season reference in the future]...), front, back and atop each shoulder.

Then complete the outfit with khaki pants or white sweat pants with Football uniform tri-crimson stripes down each side, with crimson spates tying in the hooves to up under the pants...

*extra muscles -

//the hooves concept obviously needs work, may have to go with just white athletic shoes with some crimson spates tying them into the pants... The tail will add a enough realism to the bottom half of the outfit//

Last edited:
Nice work. 😀

Forgot to add in the original workup: We also definitely need a tail...; which should be easy to obtain from one of the local Bison ranchs...

We'll also need something that will cover the athletic shoes that give the appearance of hooves... (maybe, once again, the real deal glued to the toe of a shoe with Bison hair covering the rest up to the ankle... (this might be the trickiest part of the costume to fabricate, may have to lose the rear (ground contact) hooves).

Add some slightly exaggerated muscles* beneath a Football jersey that has INDIANA in the nameplate area and the IU interlock around at the throat with the oversized number 24 (for the year [for easy season reference in the future]...), front, back and atop each shoulder.

Then complete the outfit with khaki pants or white sweat pants with Football uniform tri-crimson stripes down each side, with crimson spates tying in the hooves to up under the pants...

*extra muscles -

//the hooves concept obviously needs work, may have to go with just white athletic shoes with some crimson spates tying them into the pants... The tail will add a enough realism to the bottom half of the outfit//
I think the answer to the cloven hooves is right here. Barney is all over it.

I think the answer to the cloven hooves is right here. Barney is all over it.

For whatever reason (probably due to an antique phone), I'm unable read nearly all the other than straight text links on here these days so if I don't respond that's why...

Plan to upgrade the phone sometime in the near future but until then I'm in the dark...

So I'm certain what Barney said was funny, I just can't bring it up...😞

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
For whatever reason (probably due to an antique phone), I'm unable read nearly all the other than straight text links on here theses days so if I don't respond that's why...

Plan to upgrade the phone sometime in the near future but until then I'm in the dark...

So I'm certain what Barney said was funny, I just can't bring it up...😞
Barney was practicing karate when Andy walked in. He explained that karate is based on animals and one of the animals he was imitating was a bull elk and his mighty cloven hooves.

A classic episode.

I hear ya.... I figure if it's good enough to be used as background music in a Looney Tunes cartoon then it's good enough for me, too!!

Ya got me ..... There is nothing that will strike more fear in BSU's opponents than a good ole Chirp Chirp chant... LOL!!

I completely disassociate myself from that one. It came along long after I left...
Actually, I kinda like it. At least it's organic and unique.

Reactions: midwolfe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT