ADVERTISEMENT

6'3" Italian 18U PG Davide Moretti official visit to IU

B-B-b-b-u-t, he's not an Indiana kid. Thought some of you wanted to "lock down the state."
Are-college-students-more-brilliant-The-grade-inflation-debate.jpg

I looked up his stats over the last few years. It is hard to compare the competition he has played to a US high school player. I assume the national team schedule would be more difficult than the typical US high school kid. I was surprised a player listed as a PG, only averaged 2 assists per game dating back to U16. Perhaps he initiates the offense in his system but doesn't get credit for the pass that results in the score. I won't question our interest because I don't have a feel for how Miller would use him. I won't expect more than a 3 star recruit at best potential and hope he would prove me wrong.

I looked up his stats over the last few years. It is hard to compare the competition he has played to a US high school player. I assume the national team schedule would be more difficult than the typical US high school kid. I was surprised a player listed as a PG, only averaged 2 assists per game dating back to U16. Perhaps he initiates the offense in his system but doesn't get credit for the pass that results in the score. I won't question our interest because I don't have a feel for how Miller would use him. I won't expect more than a 3 star recruit at best potential and hope he would prove me wrong.
This kid is a 4 star, IMO. He can shoot from 3, and has a nice floater. Nice ball handler and facillitator. He is better than Durham, and 50 times better than GG.

Reactions: bsmitty08
This kid can play

This kid is a 4 star, IMO. He can shoot from 3, and has a nice floater. Nice ball handler and facillitator. He is better than Durham, and 50 times better than GG.
I'll have to dig a little deeper if he becomes more of a possibility. Stats don't tell the whole story, but I just expected more scoring or bigger assist numbers from a player being looked at by some big programs.

Always boils down to what is the best player you can get... now doesn't it...
But Crean wasn't getting a very good chunk of any top talent in the state since yogi. I for one don't think we have to just recruit Indiana but we can't keep letting the top talent leave the state

My buddy is close to the international game and he said he's a Ginobli Dellavadova hybrid with a splash of Iverson. Don't shoot the messenger.

I really want IU to have a top PG in the 18 class, but this season there is a need for a Center and a PG. It's up to CAM and his staff as to the proper fit and need and class balance.

I hope is not related to Willie Moretti because that means he has mob ties. We don't need Cosa Nostra at IU.

Think positively: he may be related to the Moretti beer family. Might be the most popular Hoosier of all time!

Always boils down to what is the best player you can get... now doesn't it...
No, that's a very simplified take on the process. What it comes down to is needs, and team synergy, something your tangerine tinted boy just didn't understand.

Let's look at this .. we need a post and a PG, Arch is recruiting a PG. That makes sense.

What wouldn't make sense is recruiting some 6'9 guy out of Texas who's best offer was from Incarnate Word and letting him sit on the bench for 4 years doing nothing.. What wouldn't make sense is signing 10 wings and only 1 post player. What wouldn't make sense is over committing every year and still not having every position filled.

Your boy was inept as a coach and as a recruiter.. it's why he's finally gone.

Last edited:
No, that's a very simplified take on the process. What it comes down to is needs, and team synergy, something your tangerine tinted boy just didn't understand.

Lets's look at this .. we need a post and a PG, Arch is recruiting a PG. That makes sense.

What wouldn't make sense is recruiting some 6'9 guy out of Texas who's best offer was from Incarnate Word and letting him sit on the bench for 4 years doing nothing.. What wouldn't make sense is signing 10 wings and only 1 post player. What wouldn't make sense is over committing every year and still not having every position filled.

Your boy was inept as a coach and as a recruiter.. it's why he's finally gone.
Yawn

Reactions: cryano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT