ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Second half adjustment.....

I enjoyed the changes made on both ends of the floor. I'm not certain what the spark was for the team and coaches but, it seemed to coincide with Bryant's tirade at Yogi. Dakich said that TB should mind his palce as a Freshman but I disagree. We haven't been getting leadership elsewhere and I think Thomas is up to be that guy...at least emotionally.

I enjoyed the changes made on both ends of the floor. I'm not certain what the spark was for the team and coaches but, it seemed to coincide with Bryant's tirade at Yogi. Dakich said that TB should mind his palce as a Freshman but I disagree. We haven't been getting leadership elsewhere and I think Thomas is up to be that guy...at least emotionally.
Is this the 2nd time Yogi and Bryant have gone at it?

Sounds like from Crean's comments the team may have finally decided to hold each other accountable.

I believe the tirade at Yogi was from Maui, not today.

I agree...TB needs to be demanding the ball and in the other players faces. At least he is showing that emotion. You don't ever see any emotion from JBJ.

Dakich knows what he's talking about, but I disagree with him here. Yogi has done nothing to be a leader for this team, he just seems to expect people to follow him because he's a good player and upperclassmen.

Reactions: VCHoosier
Well done? We had, what, 23 turnovers?

Rutgers is like 240 in the Pomeroy rankings. And we only win by 7? It's gonna get real ugly . . .

IU could have very easily lost this game and maybe should have. To be playing a team as small as Rutgers was today and see them consistently get to the hole is ridiculous. Luckily they missed many layups and shots in the paint.

It wasn't without Bryant. He just fouled too much. That's part of the game. RU was without three players though.
Pretty much the whole game... He was out... Max had a great game... Nice adjustments... Just terrible turnovers by a couple of players... And some shooting problems...

Reactions: becauseIknow
Once again....nice second half controlled win
I don't think it was a "Controlled" win at all. Yogi his some incredible shots, OG played very well and Bryant was a force underneath. However, the game was still in jeopardy late...so no controlled win by any stretch of the imagination. Solid win on the road.

Ok
I don't think it was a "Controlled" win at all. Yogi his some incredible shots, OG played very well and Bryant was a force underneath. However, the game was still in jeopardy late...so no controlled win by any stretch of the imagination. Solid win on the road.
Ok... you are entitled to your opinion... second half was better than first...and from my perspective it was under control sans some silly turnovers and calls...

I never felt the game was in jeopardy late. We were up 9 with more than 10 minutes to go and it stayed roughly there until 2 minutes. Even then, it became a free throw shooting game. I wasn't nervous at all, felt we were in control from 10 minutes in the entire way. My opinion, of course.

The light bulb went on sometime last week. The defensive philosophy has completely changed, and they look much better on the defensive end. They are actually watchable again on that end of the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT