ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Second half adjustment.....

lol. I promise you, I'm not anxious at all. My ultimate "objective" is that IU plays well and has a coach who'll consistently help facilitate that. I'm resigned to the fact that Crean will continue to do just enough to keep his job.

Your admission that you wanted this team to lose in order to facilitate a coaching change flies in the face of this proclamation concerning anxiety.

Your admission that you wanted this team to lose in order to facilitate a coaching change flies in the face of this proclamation concerning anxiety.
Dude, I don't get "anxious" about IU basketball anymore. That started dying when RMK got fired and has continued to decline since then. Nothing in that post contradicts what I've previously said about losses ultimately being a good thing, insomuch that it would more quickly bring about a coaching change. I can tell you the last game I felt even a little "anxious" about was the Syracuse game and even then I KNEW we'd lose that game because Crean was no match above the shoulders for Boeheim. Same with Bo.
I can't stress enough that I don't get mad about IU hoops or anxious, etc. I DO get annoyed at the rationalizing and downright stupidity that gets posted here on a nearly daily basis. However, it's fun to feed the animals.;)

Reactions: russelltodd
It first started showing in year 3. He got a pass because of the debacle he inherited. But when the team started to choke down the stretch CWat and Jordy's Sr year, well, it's only gotten worse from there. Year after year. Excuse after excuse. Please name me another team that started 3 McD AAs, including a Sr PG that expected....EXPECTED to finish 5th (or 4th) Not in the country. In their conference. smdh. You can't this stuff up.

I don't see where being picked 4th behind Maryland, MSU and Purdue is embarrassing. Those teams are all good and have all been top 10 at some point. It's not like they were being picked or expected to finish behind Rutgers. They went through another round of player dismissals during the off season. I could care less if Crean is the coach any more but it hasn't gotten worse year after year since then. The Vonleh year after losing four 1000 point scorers was not a good year but the team improved last year and made the tournament with all the off court turmoil and transfers that surrounded the program. This year he had a bit more housecleaning from more off court incidents and the team has still improved more. I also really wish Hoetzel would of stayed. They have seemingly got rid of the off the court bad apples but I guess you never know. Quite frankly, I think Crean has done a great job amongst all the adversity even if I think his coaching skills are just average. Barring mass transfers and early NBA entrants along with the class coming in the program seems in a good stable state now. It's a vet team now and it will be next year also with some nice Frosh and vet PG being added to the team. My expectations are that they will be better next year.

Dude, I don't get "anxious" about IU basketball anymore. That started dying when RMK got fired and has continued to decline since then. Nothing in that post contradicts what I've previously said about losses ultimately being a good thing, insomuch that it would more quickly bring about a coaching change. I can tell you the last game I felt even a little "anxious" about was the Syracuse game and even then I KNEW we'd lose that game because Crean was no match above the shoulders for Boeheim. Same with Bo.
I can't stress enough that I don't get mad about IU hoops or anxious, etc. I DO get annoyed at the rationalizing and downright stupidity that gets posted here on a nearly daily basis and, of course, it's fun to feed the animals.

I can't stress enough that I don't get mad about IU hoops or anxious, etc. I DO get annoyed at the rationalizing and downright stupidity that gets posted here on a nearly daily basis. However, it's fun to feed the animals.;)

Diagnosis is the first step to a cure. On the receiving end, your posts are filled with anxiety and contempt for anyone in disagreement with you.

Diagnosis is the first step to a cure. On the receiving end, your posts are filled with anxiety and contempt for anyone in disagreement with you.
*sigh* You and I have had disagreements before and then found common ground, no? I don't hold you in contempt. However, those that make rationalized post after rationalized post and continually deny that there are ANY issues, I do hold in contempt. It's idiotic to take such an absolute stance. I'll concede that Crean has done some things differently this year and I'll give credit for that. He's also continued to do some things that are really troubling. Ultimately, he isn't the coach to get IU back to the next level. He's just not and barring some divine intervention, he never will be, IMHO.

*sigh* You and I have had disagreements before and then found common ground, no? I don't hold you in contempt. However, those that make rationalized post after rationalized post and continually deny that there are ANY issues, I do hold in contempt. It's idiotic to take such an absolute stance. I'll concede that Crean has done some things differently this year and I'll give credit for that. He's also continued to do some things that are really troubling. Ultimately, he isn't the coach to get IU back to the next level. He's just not and barring some divine intervention, he never will be, IMHO.

Bold tells you everything you need to know

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT