ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy Hollowell....

I clearly understand your mentality.... I won't hold it against you... :D
What is your feeling on the program? All your drop in drive by post about things will be fine and don't fret are not providing any context. This program is poorly ran and I don't see how that is even debatable. The Roster management is awful, off court issues to go along with simply being an average on court program that has terrible fundamentals and zero defensive mentality. How you can be a fan of this crap is worrisome in that a supposed IU fan is OK with this.

What is your feeling on the program? All your drop in drive by post about things will be fine and don't fret are not providing any context. This program is poorly ran and I don't see how that is even debatable. The Roster management is awful, off court issues to go along with simply being an average on court program that has terrible fundamentals and zero defensive mentality. How you can be a fan of this crap is worrisome in that a supposed IU fan is OK with this.
As I said I understand your mentality... I understand your disdain... I understand you exaggerate... I will use your famous ploy... So you are saying that this team will not improve? All is lost?

define 'improve' quantitatively.
Just a reminder from the past. Back in 81 Indiana was not very good. I think their record at one point was 7-5. Then Knight made a change and let Isaiah run the team more. He used Isaiah's point guard abilities differently from his normative offense scheme. Indiana ran away after that became a very tough team, winning the NCAA Tourney. Now I am not saying Indiana will win it all this yr. But a story from the past shows that it is possible for them to improve during the season. Will they? I don't know,but sure hope they do.

Just a reminder from the past. Back in 81 Indiana was not very good. I think their record at one point was 7-5. Then Knight made a change and let Isaiah run the team more. He used Isaiah's point guard abilities differently from his normative offense scheme. Indiana ran away after that became a very tough team, winning the NCAA Tourney. Now I am not saying Indiana will win it all this yr. But a story from the past shows that it is possible for them to improve during the season. Will they? I don't know,but sure hope they do.
You know what the next response will be is that RMK was the coach of that team and not Crean.

As I said I understand your mentality... I understand your disdain... I understand you exaggerate... I will use your famous ploy... So you are saying that this team will not improve? All is lost?
Absolutely a team can improve.....but how many teams have gotten better under Crean and are playing well at the end of the season? Also we will have zero quality wins in the NON-CONF. I have no doubt we will win games at Assembly over some quality teams but we will still lose our games at places like NW, Iowa and Minny. Are you not tired of posting the same thing every year...even when things are not changing?

Please don't compare a BK coached team vs Crean. Your logic is lost when you do so.

Absolutely a team can improve.....but how many teams have gotten better under Crean and are playing well at the end of the season? Also we will have zero quality wins in the NON-CONF. I have no doubt we will win games at Assembly over some quality teams but we will still lose our games at places like NW, Iowa and Minny. Are you not tired of posting the same thing every year...even when things are not changing?
You are exaggerating again! :D

Simple... Practice... I guess that is hard for you to comprehend
We've seen what seeing so far this season for the past 2 years. Poor defense, poor shot selection, too many turnovers. They practiced all summer - in the sand, even - and still playing the same.

So, again, what is going to change? What gives you ANY indication that this team (or coaching staff) will figure it out? In 2+ seasons they haven't had a clue.

Reactions: bsmitty08
the guys that still defend Crean are either having a trolling laugh, a family member, or simply have a b-ball IQ around a chimp's. perhaps all 3. a 2 minute statistical examination of CTLT's 12+ year record as a big 5 coach is at complete odds with the trolling defenders' narrative. but, by all means, keep playing the power ball and praying for a miracle

Sorry I don't participate in meltdowns... just watch them!
It is exhausting because we are given waaaaay to many reasons to have meltdowns. Again I will give you an opportunity to tell us why you have so much faith in CTC when his career suggest otherwise.

Simple... Practice... I guess that is hard for you to comprehend

Here we go again with the apologist.

Chey - why won't you answer this?

We've seen what seeing so far this season for the past 2 years. Poor defense, poor shot selection, too many turnovers. They practiced all summer - in the sand, even - and still playing the same.

So, again, what is going to change? What gives you ANY indication that this team (or coaching staff) will figure it out? In 2+ seasons they haven't had a clue.

We both know why you're running from answering . . .

Nothing to answer... Just meltdown knee-jerk reactionaries... Twisting and distorting what was said... Which was... They will turn it around... Don't fret

Nothing to answer... Just meltdown knee-jerk reactionaries... Twisting and distorting what was said... Which was... They will turn it around... Don't fret
You are hilarious. The knee jerk reactions are expected due to the lack of succes CTC is having. How you can defend this guy is just comical. He is a really bad basketball coach and no I'm not exaggerating. IU needs to make a change and it needs to happen soon. The program is regressing

Reactions: silvercamaro
You are hilarious. The knee jerk reactions are expected due to the lack of succes CTC is having. How you can defend this guy is just comical. He is a really bad basketball coach and no I'm not exaggerating. IU needs to make a change and it needs to happen soon. The program is regressing
He used to defend the hell out of Kelvin Sampson also.

You need to just ignore the mountain man He is just here to provoke you and he does

Reactions: silvercamaro
The guys that got kicked off this year would of helped more than Hollowell. IMHO. He offered exactly what others on the team do, scoring, turnovers, and bad d.

At least Sampson could coach though.

You are correct.
It appears that magical thinking is running rampant here. CTC can't coach and his teams get worse as the season (or game) wears on. It is the only thing we can count on year in and year out.
The break need to be made now, so another year of recruiting isn't lost. No one is going to bolt if he's let go, or back out of a commitment.
Any assistant on Coach K's or Izzy's bench could do better than this painful ordeal of CTC.

You are correct.
It appears that magical thinking is running rampant here. CTC can't coach and his teams get worse as the season (or game) wears on. It is the only thing we can count on year in and year out.
The break need to be made now, so another year of recruiting isn't lost. No one is going to bolt if he's let go, or back out of a commitment.
Any assistant on Coach K's or Izzy's bench could do better than this painful ordeal of CTC.
I think you are wrong with the recruits because I could see Davis and Jones getting out of their LOI because they are coming for the coaching staff and not IU

I think you are wrong with the recruits because I could see Davis and Jones getting out of their LOI because they are coming for the coaching staff and not IU
who cares? probably just more of the same type of recruits CTLT has brought in the past 4 years: me-first, AAU selfish, no defense, get to the NBA, who cares about IU type players

Reactions: myrtlefan
The guys that got kicked off this year would of helped more than Hollowell. IMHO. He offered exactly what others on the team do, scoring, turnovers, and bad d.
I can agree to that. We are painfully thin under the basket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT