ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy Hollowell....

Just a reminder from the past. Back in 81 Indiana was not very good. I think their record at one point was 7-5. Then Knight made a change and let Isaiah run the team more. He used Isaiah's point guard abilities differently from his normative offense scheme. Indiana ran away after that became a very tough team, winning the NCAA Tourney. Now I am not saying Indiana will win it all this yr. But a story from the past shows that it is possible for them to improve during the season. Will they? I don't know,but sure hope they do.

Isaiah was perhaps the greatest point guard in the NBA in the last 50 years -- I would think that using such an exceptional player as an example of how a team can improve is a bit misleading. Also, he was a special player. Knight actually used him in the paint sometimes. And very effectively at that.

1981 is not even remotely a good example.They were led by a coach who proved that he could improve a team and had a national championship, an NIT championship (when it still meant something), and two undefeated regular seasons under his belt. To expect a miraculous type of improvement from a team coached by CTC is amazingly unrealistic.

Isaiah was perhaps the greatest point guard in the NBA in the last 50 years -- I would think that using such an exceptional player as an example of how a team can improve is a bit misleading. Also, he was a special player. Knight actually used him in the paint sometimes. And very effectively at that.

1981 is not even remotely a good example.They were led by a coach who proved that he could improve a team and had a national championship, an NIT championship (when it still meant something), and two undefeated regular seasons under his belt. To expect a miraculous type of improvement from a team coached by CTC is amazingly unrealistic.
I never once compared RMK to TC. I was only pointing that it has been done. Seriously, that was all I was saying. I even questioned whether they would succeed. I hope they will. I always will hope IU wins. But I do have my doubts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT