ADVERTISEMENT

364 million verdict against the trumpster

I really can't believe that the entire weight of the US Government judicial system has finally found a way to pin down an ex US president, of the other party, at their whim . He is having liquidity challenges to fund $450 mill.
If you are not thinking of Putin or Hitler, or Xi, or Kim Jun little fat ****er... or the South american leftist.... You are not paying attention.... OR you ARE paying attention and this is your intent to start with.
I had more trust in you Mark, but you've made multiple dozen post that say, you would be ok with breaking every law and intention of these great USA, just to get Trump. No matter how illegal. Trump and his followes at any cost.. Cattle cars? Are you ok with pulling teeth for the gold fillings? I think you are.
You've said it, I ignored it as banter..

I believe you now. You said what you wanted (trump and his followers at any cost) and I (we) should have believed you. Good luck.
It's not the weight of the "US Government judicial system." It's merely the state of New York collecting a judgment. OR are YOU not paying attention?

And your comparison to the Holocaust is, quite frankly, disgusting.

I don’t know the ins and outs of security clearances, processes, standards, any of it. I do know that my BiL is a full bird colonel and he and my sister were recently losing their ever loving shit over his clearances. Some issue at his bank caused an automatic car payment to not come out on time and they didn’t realize it until the payment grace period was up. There may have been more to it, but apparently something as simple as a glitch and missing a car payment can put you at risk of losing clearances. The situation was cleared up and he never lost anything, but he was acting as though he was legitimately concerned about it.

That's not a legitimate concern. They are looking for individuals with heavy indebtedness and significant financial difficulties that would make them vulnerable to foreign espionage payments.

That would more than cover it.

Jared and Ivanka have disappeared, though. So has Melania for that matter. I assume they probably still see Trump on Christmas and his birthday.
No way Jared wants to inject himself back into the public eye,which would just encourage renewed scrutiny of his relationship with MBS and all those Saudi funds... He's on the down low...

He's now a security risk.
why? what's the difference? the appeal goes forward. all it means is that ny can try and collect. if they want to go after his shit in fla they'd have to record it there. my guess is that collecting from trump will be a mess with his web of entities, trusts, etc. and if they collect and it gets reduced by the appeals court they have to reimburse him. they may just wait anyway

OOOPS, someone else found out. OK weeeeellll Trump is different. Yes of course his doc's are less damming and he was actually the president, his storage was actually secured,
To quote The Princess Bride...."I don't think that word means what you think it means...."

indictment-boxes-bathroom-5-pg12-ht-ps-230609_1686336785631_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

ap23160667278138.jpg

How did biden get doc's out as a senator?

Over looked for 40 yrs? or maybe not "overlooked" yet... he's one of us SWAMP! so it's ok. ..

OOOPS, someone else found out. OK weeeeellll Trump is different. Yes of course his doc's are less damming and he was actually the president, his storage was actually secured, he was not a senator that NEVER had legal access to those stolen documents to begin with........ for 40+ years... ... but... "our cabal is being invaded" and we will not stand for it.

Trump needs 1,000 snipers. We the USA need Trump to have 1,000 snipers. Swamp gotta get get drained !!! Willingly or by other means.
There is nothing good about the swamp hunting trump. or anyone that agrees with him. I'ts terrible.

define secured because laying around inside mar-a-lago doesn't qualify as being secure for most people's definition of the word.

why? what's the difference? the appeal goes forward. all it means is that ny can try and collect. if they want to go after his shit in fla they'd have to record it there. my guess is that collecting from trump will be a mess with his web of entities, trusts, etc. and if they collect and it gets reduced by the appeals court they have to reimburse him. they may just wait anyway
The judgment is not just against Trump. It includes various Trump entities as well as his oldest sons (though they're only on the hook for ~$4 million). See below. I believe these are all of the Trump entities operating in the state of New York.

If I were the state, I would start by seizing every toilet and sink in Trump's NYC properties (the ones where he sometimes resides). And his suits. Those could fetch some $ on eBay.

ORDERED that defendants Donald Trump, the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, the Trump
Organization, Inc., Trump Organization LLC, DJT Holdings LLC, DJT Holdings Managing
Member, Trump Endeavor 12 LLC, 401 North Wabash Venture LLC, Trump Old Post Office
LLC, 40 Wall Street LLC, are jointly and severally liable to plaintiff in the amount of​
$168,040,168, with pre-judgment interest from March 4, 2019; and it is further​
ORDERED that defendants Donald Trump, the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, the Trump
Organization, Inc., and Trump Organization LLC, and the Trump Old Post Office LLC are​
jointly and severally liable to plaintiff in the amount of $126,828,600, with pre-judgment interest​
from May 11, 2022; and it is further​
Organization, Inc., and Trump Organization LLC are jointly and severally liable to plaintiff in​
the amount of $60,000,000, with pre-judgment interest from June 26, 2023; and it is further​
ORDERED that defendant Eric Trump is liable to plaintiff in the amount of $4,013,024, with​
pre-judgment interest from May 11, 2022; and it is further​
ORDERED that defendant Donald Trump, Jr. is liable to plaintiff in the amount of $4,013,024,​
with pre-judgment interest from May 11, 2022;​

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The judgment is not just against Trump. It includes various Trump entities as well as his oldest sons (though they're only on the hook for ~$4 million). See below. I believe these are all of the Trump entities operating in the state of New York.

If I were the state, I would start by seizing every toilet and sink in Trump's NYC properties (the ones where he sometimes resides). And his suits. Those could fetch some $ on eBay.

Organization, Inc., Trump Organization LLC, DJT Holdings LLC, DJT Holdings Managing
Member, Trump Endeavor 12 LLC, 401 North Wabash Venture LLC, Trump Old Post Office
LLC, 40 Wall Street LLC, are jointly and severally liable to plaintiff in the amount of​
$168,040,168, with pre-judgment interest from March 4, 2019; and it is further​
Organization, Inc., and Trump Organization LLC, and the Trump Old Post Office LLC are​
jointly and severally liable to plaintiff in the amount of $126,828,600, with pre-judgment interest​
from May 11, 2022; and it is further​
Organization, Inc., and Trump Organization LLC are jointly and severally liable to plaintiff in​
the amount of $60,000,000, with pre-judgment interest from June 26, 2023; and it is further​
ORDERED that defendant Eric Trump is liable to plaintiff in the amount of $4,013,024, with​
pre-judgment interest from May 11, 2022; and it is further​
ORDERED that defendant Donald Trump, Jr. is liable to plaintiff in the amount of $4,013,024,​
with pre-judgment interest from May 11, 2022;​
oh they got the rev trust. mercy. he is jammed up

Reactions: UncleMark

It sounds like it would be really complicated. For example, aren't many of the offices and residences in Trump Tower actually owned by others? Condos or some such? The entire building might be worth some silly number, but most of that value isn't Trump's. They would more likely go after properties that are wholly owned by Trump (like a golf course or three), but even then there are memberships involved that would be on the liability side of the balance sheet.

It sounds like it would be really complicated. For example, aren't many of the offices and residences in Trump Tower actually owned by others? Condos or some such? The entire building might be worth some silly number, but most of that value isn't Trump's. They would more likely go after properties that are wholly owned by Trump (like a golf course or three), but even then there are memberships involved that would be on the liability side of the balance sheet.
For sure but the trust will be at the top of the triangle. He’s in trouble with a judgment against it. They can freeze accounts attached etc

It’s very complicated. Trump assets outside of NY cannot be seized by NY. Transferring the judgement to the state in question is necessary in which case the second state enters its own judgment. In some cases, Trump may be able to collaterally attack the NY judgment in those states. The FF&C clause might not apply when the second state doesn’t even recognize the claim.

You just take the building and the golf course subject to the condo owners' and members' rights. They wouldn't just shut everything down. You just put a receiver in possession of the properties. No different than when a lender forecloses on property.

It’s very complicated. Trump assets outside of NY cannot be seized by NY. Transferring the judgement to the state in question is necessary in which case the second state enters its own judgment. In some cases, Trump may be able to collaterally attack the NY judgment in those states. The FF&C clause might not apply when the second state doesn’t even recognize the claim.
If they record in fla and levy there homestead has limits on what can be declared. He can’t claim all of mar a lago. This is a mess for him

LOL These are money judgments. No state can refuse to enforce them.

See Baker by Thomas v. General Motors Corp., 522 US 222 (1998). https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/96-653.ZO.html

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/96-653.ZO.html

• Haha
You just take the building and the golf course subject to the condo owners' and members' rights. They wouldn't just shut everything down. You just put a receiver in possession of the properties. No different than when a lender forecloses on property.
I get that, but that would effect the value bigly, would it not? Easier to go after stuff he owns outright, or nearly so.

IIUC, there's plenty in New York to satisfy the judgement. No need to look elsewhere.

LOL These are money judgments. No state can refuse to enforce them.

See Baker by Thomas v. General Motors Corp., 522 US 222 (1998). https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/96-653.ZO.html

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/96-653.ZO.html

I've read in a few articles that this money plus interest must be ponied up for the appeal. Does this mean if they can't come up with it by the deadline that they can't appeal and Trump's on the hook for the total amount?

I've read in a few articles that this money plus interest must be ponied up for the appeal. Does this mean if they can't come up with it by the deadline that they can't appeal and Trump's on the hook for the total amount?

Gotta believe some judge could grant some kind of relief, but that would be outside the normal scheme of things.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
IIUC, there's plenty in New York to satisfy the judgement. No need to look elsewhere.
We have no way of knowing that. A lot of Trump value is blue sky. Hard assets are subject to encumbrances, leases, etc. Any public sale to satisfy the judgment will usually require the judgment purchaser to payoff encumbrances. NY can seize in-state bank accounts but those are already subject to an overseer and will be required to pay all asset expances. Trump probably has arranged things so here wont be much positive cash flow in NY.

We have no way of knowing that. A lot of Trump value is blue sky. Hard assets are subject to encumbrances, leases, etc. Any public sale to satisfy the judgment will usually require the judgment purchaser to payoff encumbrances. NY can seize in-state bank accounts but those are already subject to an overseer and will be required to pay all asset expances. Trump probably has arranged things so here wont be much positive cash flow in NY.

Of course. Like I said, it's going to be complicated. Like really fvcking complicated. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I’ve read the same thing. That’s not how it works in Colorado. An appeal can be taken without a bond, but that wouldn’t prevent the state from enforcing the judgement while the judgment is being appealed.

Of course. Like I said, it's going to be complicated. Like really fvcking complicated. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
It simply proves one thing. Even when times are tight and things are rough, Trump puts people to work ! Even at his own expense. We need more Trumps in this world. They are givers !

• Love
I’ve read the same thing. That’s not how it works in Colorado. An appeal can be taken without a bond, but that wouldn’t prevent the state from enforcing the judgement while the judgment is being appealed.
Correct. He's basically daring them to come after his real estate knowing it will be reversed.

To be honest, that rule doesn't sit well with me. Too easily leads to a hypothetical case where someone is stuck with an unjust judgment because they lack funding.

To be honest, that rule doesn't sit well with me. Too easily leads to a hypothetical case where someone is stuck with an unjust judgment because they lack funding.
Me either. Seems some fraction of it makes sense, but all of it plus a significant percentage doesn't seem right. If it's in fact true that there can't be an appeal without that amount of cash or a bond is put up, many couldn't appeal, and even unjust judgments would stand.

Me either. Seems some fraction of it makes sense, but all of it plus a significant percentage doesn't seem right. If it's in fact true that there can't be an appeal without that amount of cash or a bond is put up, many couldn't appeal, and even unjust judgments would stand.
I think everyone should always be allowed to appeal a ruling at least once as a matter of right. I'm surprised any state would put a restriction on that, to be honest.

If they record in fla and levy there homestead has limits on what can be declared. He can’t claim all of mar a lago. This is a mess for him
i don’t think you can simply record a NY judgment in Fl and then levy. You will need a Fl court order and judgment which will open the judgment to collateral attack,(8th Amendment or Due process depravation ). or maybe something like a rule 60 attack. (But I don’t know what NY post judgment relief looks like).

The best collateral attack available to Trump is public policy. This judgment is not common law fraud. Instead the judgment is to enforce an unprecedented application of a particular NY statute. Under clear Supreme precedent, this subjects the statutory judgment to public policy challenge.

i don’t think you can simply record a NY judgment in Fl and then levy. You will need a Fl court order and judgment which will open the judgment to collateral attack,(8th Amendment or Due process depravation ). or maybe something like a rule 60 attack. (But I don’t know what NY post judgment relief looks like).

The best collateral attack available to Trump is public policy. This judgment is not common law fraud. Instead the judgment is to enforce an unprecedented application of a particular NY statute. Under clear Supreme precedent, this subjects the statutory judgment to public policy challenge.
This is sort of correct. Fla has a process whereby a debtor can file an action to challenge a domesticated judgment. If you have grounds to believe it was improvidently granted in the foreign jurisdiction fla provides an avenue to fight it in fla to thwart collection

This is sort of correct. Fla has a process whereby a debtor can file an action to challenge a domesticated judgment. If you have grounds to believe it was improvidently granted in the foreign jurisdiction fla provides an avenue to fight it in fla to thwart collection
Wow. I bet Trump didn’t think about that when he decided to move. What authority would the Fl court have to entertain a public policy argument as would be the case here? In Colorado you gotta go through court and serve the judgment debtor. The Colorado court can hold a hearing and vacate, enforce, stay, or otherwise mess with the judgment.

Wow. I bet Trump didn’t think about that when he decided to move. What authority would the Fl court have to entertain a public policy argument as would be the case here? In Colorado you gotta go through court and serve the judgment debtor. The Colorado court can hold a hearing and vacate, enforce, stay, or otherwise mess with the judgment.
Going off the top of my head it’s the same. You record a lien (lis pendens) and then go through the court to serve the debtor. Nothing happens for thirty days. Not enforceable. And I could be wrong but I don’t think it’s enforceable while an appeal is pending. But I think the debtor then has to file his own independent action to challenge the validity of the judgment and convince the fla court not to recognize/enforce it. And there are grounds to fight it. Fla sets them out.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Going off the top of my head it’s the same. You record a lien (lis pendens) and then go through the court to serve the debtor. Nothing happens for thirty days. Not enforceable. And I could be wrong but I don’t think it’s enforceable while an appeal is pending. But I think the debtor then has to file his own independent action to challenge the validity of the judgment and convince the fla court not to recognize/enforce it. And there are grounds to fight it. Fla sets them out.
Again, this is a monetary judgment. It cannot be challenged based on something like public policy in Florida. See, e.g., Baker v. General Motors, 522 U.S. 222 (1998).

Again, this is a monetary judgment. It cannot be challenged based on something like public policy in Florida. See, e.g., Baker v. General Motors, 522 U.S. 222 (1998).
i'm not sure about public policy but i don't think that it's a monetary judgment matters. you can contest a foreign judgment and stall or even prohibit enforcement (jurisdiction, on appeal, collusion/fraud etc)

§55.509, Fla. Stat

So while on appeal even tho he hasn’t posted a bond in ny he could contest the jusgment if they file in fla and collection efforts would be stayed until the appeal is over. Monetary judgment or not. I think

Last edited:
Isn't NY such a great place? Lmao. At least some are waking up. When you put Hochuls and James in there you are f*****. But remember MAGA is the real threat. Now let's bankrupt Trump for a minor accounting error.

i'm not sure about public policy but i don't think that it's a monetary judgment matters. you can contest a foreign judgment and stall or even prohibit enforcement (jurisdiction, on appeal, collusion/fraud etc)

§55.509, Fla. Stat

So while on appeal even tho he hasn’t posted a bond in ny he could contest the jusgment if they file in fla and collection efforts would be stayed until the appeal is over. Monetary judgment or not. I think
It’s not a matter of state statute, the overriding consideration is full faith and credit under the constitution. The supremes have recognized a public policy exception for decades in cases of enforcement of a state statute beyond its own borders. In Trumps case, the judgment is only to enforce an unprecedented application of a NY statute. Based on James’ campaign, targeting is so obvious the court can take judicial notice. A lot of stuff for Trump‘s lawyers to sink their teeth into. But I think the issue is unresolved. The NY judgment is so egregious I think other states will hang their hat on anything to kill it—except 9-0 Colorado. ;)

It’s not a matter of state statute, the overriding consideration is full faith and credit under the constitution. The supremes have recognized a public policy exception for decades in cases of enforcement of a state statute beyond its own borders. In Trumps case, the judgment is only to enforce an unprecedented application of a NY statute. Based on James’ campaign, targeting is so obvious the court can take judicial notice. A lot of stuff for Trump‘s lawyers to sink their teeth into. But I think the issue is unresolved. The NY judgment is so egregious I think other states will hang their hat on anything to kill it—except 9-0 Colorado. ;)
Man I am just guessing but I don’t think you’re right. I think the statute I cited is the vehicle to challenge it. Now you can bring up whatever challenges you have but that stat is what you travel under. I think it’s a simple collection matter at this point and you roll under the fla foreign jgmts act and whatever it allows/provides

Man I am just guessing but I don’t think you’re right. I think the statute I cited is the vehicle to challenge it. Now you can bring up whatever challenges you have but that stat is what you travel under. I think it’s a simple collection matter at this point and you roll under the fla foreign jgmts act and whatever it allows/provides
Mostly agree. I think the Fl statute can limit the arguments of the judgment debtor, so that the judgment debtor must find a basis to challenge the judgment under Fl law. But Fl cannot limit FF&C and allow a challenge not allowed under the constitution.

Then the question becomes whether Trump subtracted out the values of those condos etc. from what he claimed those properties were worth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT