ADVERTISEMENT

25th Amendment

I think Biden is addled, and you seem to DISAGREE WITH ME?

WTF?

Octogenarians should not hold political office. Though Bernie still seems amazingly sharp.
No we’re not as stupid as you. You wanted to tie them all in. They aren’t the same. Biden is in a unique spot by virtue of both his position and decline. Dems are perpetuating a fraud. See if they fix it.

Reactions: DANC

WTF?

Octogenarians should not hold political office. Though Bernie still seems amazingly sharp.
When you’re essentially a wind up doll that’s been reciting the same three lines about the “1%, millionaires and billionaires and corporations” for five decades it’s hard to gauge when you’ve lost it.

The bookies clearly don't think Harris has much of a chance. Good chance he's replaced at the convention.

I cannot wait for the Democrat convention in Chicago. It'll be a total shit show. All the anti-Semites will be there and get their heads busted by the Chicago cops, like the VN protesters did in '68.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
It's the same Fox news playbook that's always played. Hillary has Parkinsons, Biden has dementia. There's always some fear mongering tag the right tries to pin on opponents.

Trump uses a cart. My grandfather was playing golf until he died at 88 because, he used a cart.

It's hilarious that you think that's some kind of mark of physical fitness.

Biden bikes. That's twenty times harder to do than play lazy man's golf at their age (which we both agree is way too old for the positions that they are going for).
My 4 year old granddaughter can ride a bike. She can't play golf.

You are delusional.

WTF?

Off topic question OS but with this being Super Bowl Sunday I thought I’d ask. I remember that you used to be a Patriots fan when they were still winning (a natural choice for a farm boy from Indiana of course). We discussed pre Brady/ Belichick Patriots at one point and your posts were riddled with inaccuracies and a clear lack of knowledge.

Now that the Pats no longer in the Super Bowl every year, who are you rooting for these days?

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
It is time for Mitch to go. I don’t hold the same contempt for him that many MAGA’s do. He was a shrewd operator, did a good job. Blocking Garland is some of the most brilliant political maneuvering in modern history.

But he played favorites too often. And hanging Lankford out to dry like that was no bueno. He essentially said “don’t come back until you have a deal” and predictably Lankford came back with about as good a deal as you could get with a Democratic Senate. A horseshit deal. No leverage. But it had Ukraine. Oh boy does Mitch love the Ukraine.

Give Ted Cruz the reins. No one captures the id of the Republican Party and can bridge populist and establishment divide like him. Plus his glow up since his 2016 campaign has been marked. Still not a handsome man by any means, but no longer revolting to look at.
The beard turned the tide. Worked for me, too.

Of course not, but he's 81 and a semi-vegetable, at least at times. Is he capable of serving as a senate minority leader? On intelligence, appropriations, rules, and agriculture committees?

I think not. Same for Biden. Same for Trump. All are in steep cognitive decline.
McConnell seems to have made a full recovery and is back to his curmudgeonly self.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The special prosecutor decided he was a forgetful and well-intentioned older guy that any jury would have sympathy for and would never vote to convict, also considering his cooperation and lack of obstruction.

Biden explained the ridiculousness of the question on his son's death, that the question was out of bounds and did not deserve an answer.

Not concerned with the ruling and investigation at all.

But... MEXICO???

That was awful. Time to recruit Mayor Pete!
Mayor Pete, are you serious?

Not even remotely close to deserving same punishment. Try again
I am not sure we really know what Hillary did. Didn't she delete a bunch of emails or is my memory faulty? And I won't take "There was nothnig significant in those emails" from her or any of her staff as the truth. But, like I said, I could be remembering incorrectly.

I am not sure we really know what Hillary did. Didn't she delete a bunch of emails or is my memory faulty? And I won't take "There was nothnig significant in those emails" from her or any of her staff as the truth. But, like I said, I could be remembering incorrectly.
Given that she was caught with confidential emails, it seems unlikely it was confidential emails that she was covering up..

I don't think it came out what she deleted or how much. I would guess it was personal emails that she didn't want made public (like hunter and his personal stuff getting paraded around that was on his laptop...even so far as his nude pic between enlarged and shown at congress)

Not that I think she had nudes on her email server lol

• Haha
Always has to have something to do with race or some phobia with some of you, huh? Mayor Pete is as incompetent as Biden. I hope trump gets re-elected simply to drive people like you crazy.
Oh that’s not the only reason. Yes, let’s elect a criminal sexual abuser to drive the libs crazy.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Always has to have something to do with race or some phobia with some of you, huh? Mayor Pete is as incompetent as Biden. I hope trump gets re-elected simply to drive people like you crazy.
Just because your propaganda claims it doesn't make it so

Up until Biden won the primaries, he was an acceptable moderate dem according to Republicans. Once he won the primaries in 2020, conservative propaganda began working on their smear campaign and has republicans saying he is now an incompetent imbecile that can't tie his own shoes.

Propaganda works so well on the sheep

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and aajohn2000
Is it time to invoke for Biden?
Who's going to invoke it? Section 4 of the 25th amendment says:

Section 4.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Do you think that Kamala or any of the cabinet would do so? And that's before you get to the two-thirds of the senate and house votes. The GOP has only a slim margin in the house, mind you, and a minority of the senate.

Y'all are playing your hands well, for a slim majority of the house and a significant minority - though not a majority - of the senate, not to mention that you don't have the presidency. Don't overplay them.

You don't remember the smashed Blackberries???

Too late

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT