ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Recruiting

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
So IU has McNeeley. Haven’t heard or seen anything lately about any of IUs top targets. Likely don’t get anyone else. I assume we need 5 -7 guys from the portal depending on how things shake out? Gunn, Banks, Ware, Walker, X are gone. Maybe Leal doesn’t get another year. Can’t even fathom the type of roster tries to assemble

So IU has McNeeley. Haven’t heard or seen anything lately about any of IUs top targets. Likely don’t get anyone else. I assume we need 5 -7 guys from the portal depending on how things shake out? Gunn, Banks, Ware, Walker, X are gone. Maybe Leal doesn’t get another year. Can’t even fathom the type of roster tries to assemble
Very odd strategy by Woody

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Again, I doubt (could be wrong) that we will get multiple players at the same position from the portal.
1 at each slot = 5 guys max.

Bad business to gamble like this. There’s a ton of chatter indicating IU is not heavily working Indiana high school players. Totally get there are terrific players elsewhere, yet it’s a peculiar methodology. It’s not as if the Hoosiers are elite and can take this approach. Gone are the days most Indiana kids dream of playing for the Hoosiers. Hell, their parents haven’t witnessed much success. Gotta put the work into it.

So likely 5 guys from the portal, McNeeley, Newton, Cupps, Reneau, Mgbako, Galloway, Sparks, possibly Leal ?

He'll go anywhere someone will sign him, according to those here who claim to know. If that's true I have to wonder if he'll be academically eligible to come back. Why bother with grades if you plan to be gone and done with college ball next year?

Reactions: Bucket Getter
So likely 5 guys from the portal, McNeeley, Newton, Cupps, Reneau, Mgbako, Galloway, Sparks, possibly Leal ?
Doubt Mack is back. But other than that you’re probably close.

Reneau
Galloway
Cupps
Newton
Sparks
Leal
McNeeley
Late HS signee (Davis, Queen, couple reclass candidates considering IU)
3-4 portal guys again.

Ware is currently projecting low 1st round. That may be enough for him to bolt. I don't know.
At this point, unless someone has some information, the only departures are:

Xavier Johnson
Walker

Yeah, that's pretty much all. Maybe Newton if he can't shoot.

But if I were evaluating Woodson I'd probably ask him to explain, on the Monday after the season ends, who he will have next year and how that equates to a better team. Otherwise, you might just say that if Reneau and Ware leave they have no chance next year.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I think Mgbako has gotten steadily better this year. Still can’t defend. I hope he stays in college somewhere 1 more year. I think he can become a great player

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I think Mgbako has gotten steadily better this year. Still can’t defend. I hope he stays in college somewhere 1 more year. I think he can become a great player
You’re a lot more optimistic than I am. There’s really not one single thing he’s excellent at. And a whole lot of things he’s embarrassingly bad at.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Ware is currently projecting low 1st round. That may be enough for him to bolt. I don't know.

Xavier Johnson
Walker

But if I were evaluating Woodson I'd probably ask him to explain, on the Monday after the season ends, who he will have next year and how that equates to a better team. Otherwise, you might just say that if Reneau and Ware leave they have no chance next year.
I'd think if Ware is told he would get drafted even as last pick in round , he'd bounce. Anyone think his college development is at its max?

Xavier Johnson
Walker

why wait until the Monday after the season ends? I hope SD is meeting with his most important hire and employee weekly and gauging what is being done to improve.

Very odd strategy by Woody
e05b4cb8-3825-4533-88e0-610bfad1d636_text.gif

Mcneely will ask for release

We are going to get one decent portal player averaging like 15ppg and a bunch that avg 6-8ppg we have to do mental gymnastics about how they were in the wrong place and IU will be the right place, which is all coping.

This ‘24 class is shaping up to be a mess. I don’t know how Woody survives this, everyone sees it, including our NIL base.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Seems like a lot of people think Liam will decommit. Probably for the best if it happens. Dolson has to get the message somehow.
It’s easy to speculate, I don’t think very many have reliable info.

I can see why “a lot of people” think he will de commit. But, we don’t know what’s in his mind. Nil is probably reason enough to come for someone (I have no idea if that means Liam), no matter how bad things look to “a lot of people”.

He'll for sure take a hard look at his commitment if Woodson is gone. Maybe his NIL keeps him steady but if he's as valuable a piece I think he is 8-14 BB programs can pay well enough to satisfy his demands.

He'll go anywhere someone will sign him, according to those here who claim to know. If that's true I have to wonder if he'll be academically eligible to come back. Why bother with grades if you plan to be gone and done with college ball next year?
Grades won't be a problem. Don't most of these kids take on line classes? Who knows if they ever do any of the work. When was the last time you heard of a kid getting in trouble for not making the grades or not attending class? Lol.

It’s easy to speculate, I don’t think very many have reliable info.

I can see why “a lot of people” think he will de commit. But, we don’t know what’s in his mind. Nil is probably reason enough to come for someone (I have no idea if that means Liam), no matter how bad things look to “a lot of people”.
If as many said before we wants to win and wing big he will decommit. If that is not a big deal to him anymore he will stay.

Grades won't be a problem. Don't most of these kids take on line classes? Who knows if they ever do any of the work. When was the last time you heard of a kid getting in trouble for not making the grades or not attending class? Lol.
Are grades an issue anywhere anymore? The last time I heard of a kid being acedemiclly inelegible I think Mike Davis was our coach. Seems like it is basically joke now regarding actually attending class and getting real legit good grades. I wont not consider them student/atletes anymore.

Reactions: kmathum
Are grades an issue anywhere anymore? The last time I heard of a kid being acedemiclly inelegible I think Mike Davis was our coach. Seems like it is basically joke now regarding actually attending class and getting real legit good grades. I wont not consider them student/atletes anymore.
I had not heard about grades in forever, someone did mention it with Caleb Love, though no idea on validity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT