ADVERTISEMENT

2015-2016 Season: Big Ten Teams Personnel

I barely watched because it was clear Iowa State didn't come to play. I tend to drift in and out of the games when the Cyclones don't show up.

I've seen him play numerous times and all I know is that he's good.

He probably got away with at least two technical fouls for hanging on the rim in an above and beyond way. He was incapable of making a play without screaming at the top of his lungs for three seconds. Hoiberg and his troops could have won by 50 and the kid would have been annoying. He is going to get a no-call elbow to the face within a week if he sees a lot of NBA minutes next year.

I'm not discounting his skills, but I'd say Sprangler is very likebable as an opponent for comparison.

UCLA with four dudes at the camp. The team is #22 in the NBC way-too-early rankings.

Yogi+Ferrell+Chicago+State+v+Indiana+rB7HvduozYnl.jpg

This pair along with Bryant will act as counselors at the camp.

Yogi, Troy and Bryant will be counselors at the camp not learning or teaching. Making bed checks etc will not improve their games.

Last edited:
He probably got away with at least two technical fouls for hanging on the rim in an above and beyond way. He was incapable of making a play without screaming at the top of his lungs for three seconds. Hoiberg and his troops could have won by 50 and the kid would have been annoying. He is going to get a no-call elbow to the face within a week if he sees a lot of NBA minutes next year.

I'm not discounting his skills, but I'd say Sprangler is very likebable as an opponent for comparison.

This is an OUTRAGE. He will pay for this!

Stolen from @sucram on the premie side:

The counselors played a game of pickup. Yogi, Troy, and Bryant were on the same team. They won 81-73.

Yogi --> 10 points (5-10 fg, 0-2 3pt), 4 assists, 1 steal, 5 turnovers, 26 minutes
Troy --> 12 points (4-6 fg, 1-2 3pt, 3-4ft) 6 boards, 1 turnover, 14 minutes
Bryant --> 3 points (1-3 fg, 1-2 ft), 3 boards, 1 block, 15 minutes

Other B1G players who played in the morning session:

Dawkins--> 5 points (2-3 fg, 1-2 3pt), 2 assists, 1 turnover, 17 minutes
Hayes--> 8 points (4-6 fg, 0-1 3pt, 0-1 ft), 2 rebounds, 16 minutes
Layman--> 8 points (3-6 fg, 2-4 3pt), 1 rebound, 1 steal, 1 block, 17 minutes
Swanigan--> 4 points (1-5 fg, 2-2 ft), 1 rebound, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 10 minutes
Shields--> 9 points (4-5 fg, 1-1 3pt), 2 assists, 1 turnover, 10 minutes

Evening session stats stolen from @sucram on the premie side:

Yogi --> 9 points (4-15 fg, 1-3 3pt), 3 assists, 0 turnovers, 30 minutes
Troy --> 10 points (4-6 fg, 1-2 3pt, 1-2 ft), 7 boards, 3 turnovers, 16 minutes
Bryant --> 7 points (2-8 fg, 3-4 ft), 6 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 16 minutes

Other B1G players during yesterday's evening session:
Nigel Hayes --> 2 points (1-5 fg, 0-2 ft), 2 boards, 16 minutes
Aubrey Dawkins --> 5 points (2-3 fg, 1-2 ft), 2 rebounds, 2 turnovers, 12 minutes
Shavon Shields --> 4 points (2-7 fg, 0-3 3pt), 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover, 4 steals, 26 minutes
Caleb Swanigan --> 4 points (2-3 fg, 0-1 3pt), 5 rebounds, 16 minutes
Jake Layman --> 5 points (2-6 fg, 1-4 3pt), 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover, 21 minutes

Reactions: sucram
I wouldn't call 23-14 that good. The only reason I know of their best player was from the Dan Patrick show. I would've taken a Sweet 16 appearance last year though.

To put their five S16's in eight years in perspective: only Syracuse, Louisville, Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, Wisconsin, and Xavier have accomplished that since 2008. That's some pretty impressive company.

Reactions: Wiltthastilt
I wouldn't call 23-14 that good. The only reason I know of their best player was from the Dan Patrick show. I would've taken a Sweet 16 appearance last year though.

They've made 5 sweet 16 appearances in the last 8 years which isn't bad. They've also only missed I think 1 NCAA tournament in going on 10+ years.

They've made 5 sweet 16 appearances in the last 8 years which isn't bad. They've also only missed I think 1 NCAA tournament in going on 10+ years.

Anyway, Xavier has a good recent history, but so does Michigan, and Michigan has a ton of other positives.

Anyway, Xavier has a good recent history, but so does Michigan, and Michigan has a ton of other positives.

OK.

It's a good game. The Big Ten-Big East Gavitt Games or whatever they call them won't have the firepower of the Big Ten-ACC challenge, but Michigan-Xavier is a reasonable matchup for TV purposes.

Michigan's problem with their OOC schedule is Xavier is the only good team the play at home. Every other good opponent is on the road (SMU, NCSU) or neutral court (Battle 4 Atlantis touney). That's a lot of potentially losable games away from home.

OK.

It's a good game. The Big Ten-Big East Gavitt Games or whatever they call them won't have the firepower of the Big Ten-ACC challenge, but Michigan-Xavier is a reasonable matchup for TV purposes.

Michigan's problem with their OOC schedule is Xavier is the only good team the play at home. Every other good opponent is on the road (SMU, NCSU) or neutral court (Battle 4 Atlantis touney). That's a lot of potentially losable games away from home.

Completely understand UM/Beilein doing it though. You cant blame them. As long as they schedule big games even neutral I can't yell.

Nebby better not run with the bulls, but I would flip out if they ran and someone ended up getting hurt. No point to it.

Who the **** signed off on Jack McVeigh running with the Bulls? Can anyone confirm he is ok?

Wonder what that guy said or did to make the bull go after him like that. I mean, he knocked him down and appears to be deliberately goring his wedding vegetables. That's personal - he's really ****** about something!

Da Bulls.

Off topic... running with the bulls looks like a high risk, low reward deal for anyone.

Pro's: Temporary adrenaline rush and being able to say 'I ran with the bulls.'

Cons: The potential of being trampled or having a horn rammed through your body and creating a new hole... or being penetrated in one you have no desire to be.

Off topic... running with the bulls looks like a high risk, low reward deal for anyone.

Pro's: Temporary adrenaline rush and being able to say 'I ran with the bulls.'

Cons: The potential of being trampled or having a horn rammed through your body and creating a new hole... or being penetrated in one you have no desire to be.

Probably a huge long shot here, but would there be any way to see these games online somehow? Or at least maybe highlights or are they just kind of playing closed off scrimmages?

Miles just recruited the best class of his career and would love to see him interacting with the new players on the court for the first time.

I agree with the thought, but what is the photographer's alternative? Jump in there to save the guy and risk getting his own chute pierced? No thanks, I'm taking as many pictures as I can get and trying to confirm that it's actually Jack McVeigh.

Last edited:
Probably a huge long shot here, but would there be any way to see these games online somehow? Or at least maybe highlights or are they just kind of playing closed off scrimmages?

Miles just recruited the best class of his career and would love to see him interacting with the new players on the court for the first time.

Speaking of scrimmages, anyone know who were scrimmaging this year? We doing Southern Indiana again?

Does anyone think running from a bull in a street is about the dumbest thing ever? Trying to think of something in America that is about as dumb. Parkour? Demolition Derbies?

Does anyone think running from a bull in a street is about the dumbest thing ever? Trying to think of something in America that is about as dumb. Parkour? Demolition Derbies?

Cowboy poker rates higher on the dumb scale. At least in Spain they try running away instead of sitting in a chair at a table holding cards. 'Merica.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT