ADVERTISEMENT

“You should say ‘congratulations, great job’

I'm not discounting his 3 years in office at all. He could have done something but didn't and all the previous presidents did very little.

Bush 43 did a whole lot. Almost all the emergency surplus we have came from Bush.

There is a weakness to the system. There are a lot of things people vote for, voting for more pandemic defense has never really been a big winner. I

Reactions: NPT and Gladeskat
Yep, it's a shame Trump dismantled the pandemic team Obama had set in place. It's also a shame Trump didn't fill major positions that he decided to vacate. I guess we're stuck with nepotism and Kushner. Great job, Trump and his voters. Great job.

This is them winning

This is where I don't get the "I blame all Presidents for not doing things" argument. All Presidents HAVE done things. Some of them involve incrementally building certain preparedness and some of them involve dismantling that preparedness. Trump's actions are the latter and then the impact of those actions was multiplied by the hesitant, slow, and ineffective response once a pandemic occurred.

My GOP brethren continue to insist that "the buck stops over there!"

Last edited:
Zeke hating Trump I understand. I really do but that great team he dismantled obviously hadn’t done anymore to get us ready for this than Dr Fauci. Trump has made mistakes like any President would have. When he was closing travel from China Dr Fauci was saying this Virus wasn’t a bid deal. You’re very capable of watching the Fauci interview from January. For the most part when push comes to shove Trump has done what Fauci and the scientists have recommended.

At some point soon he’s going to have to make a decision to start opening the economy. Fauci will have us closed next year at this time. We’re either going to be able to weather the virus or not. We can’t keep hiding. With health conditions I have I might be one not to make it. So be it.
"For the most part when push comes to shove..." Is not good enough. Not even close. I can think of 20,000 Americans who would agree with me... if there weren't dead.

Well I am NOT a Trump supporter and never will be. However, that doesn't make him totally responsible for every bad thing that happens.
Nobody says Trump is responsible for every bad thing that has happened. They are blaming him for not responding quickly enough (tell us how long he took to take any action!), and still insisting that he is the smartest guy God has ever created! Furthermore, he blames Obama for his failure? Obama?

I’ve always thought you were a smart man! Is it so difficult to critize him only because he happens to be a your party man? I’ve thought of you a better man than that, and I think you are. Take off your party hat and replace it with a humanity hat, which I am sure you have one somewhere in your house, and you will sing a different tune!

Last edited:
That is a quote from the president of the United States in his press briefing yesterday when he was asked a question he didn't like - or didn't know the answer to. I don't watch his briefings any more, but that was in response to a FOX NEWS reporter asking about the HHS report on hospital supply shortages.

Here is the full quote (and link to the article):

“You should say ‘congratulations, great job,’ instead of being so horrid in the way you ask a question.”

If he doesn't like the press asking him questions, don't go to the press briefings. Drs. Birx and Fauci will do just fine.
Just fine? Try Infinitely better. Furthermore, Drs. Brick & Fauci don’t lie.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
You are dead wrong, and your prejudice is showing!

Zeke blamed him for what happened in January, Feb, March, and April this year!

Nobody says Trump is responsible for every bad thing that has happened. They are blaming him for not responding quickly enough (tell us how long he took to take any action!), and still insisting that he is the smartest guy God has ever created! Furthermore, he blames Obama for his failure? Obama?

I’ve always thought you were a smart man! Is it so difficult to critize him only because he happens to be a your party man? I’ve thought of you a better man than that, and I think you are. Take off your party hat and replace it with a humanity hat, which I am sure you have one somewhere in your house, and you will sing a different tune!

These are the signs of a true T.rump cult member. If you criticize him, they go into full on straw man mode.

"Well, I sure wish he would have been more serious about this virus from the start."

"I GUESS YOU LIBS ARE JUST GOING TO BLAME HIM FOR EVERY BAD THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED IN THE HISTORY OF FOREVER! NO WONDER THIS COUNTRY NEEDS HIS MAGA MAGIC! GIVE THE MAN A BREAK! HE HAS NEVER MADE A MISTAKE! OH, AND HER EMAILS...AND OBAMA!"

Reactions: meridian
Trump has no problem seeing millions of Americans die. He really doesn’t care about the country at all.

Chances are, the preponderance of victims would be poor and vulnerable. Even with the old, those with resources have a better chance of surviving this. In other words, trumps base is going to win under this scenario of letting it wash over the country. This is a no brainer. Trump understands this.

Reactions: outside shooter
Trump has no problem seeing millions of Americans die. He really doesn’t care about the country at all.

That depends on what you mean by “country.”
To the Trump cultists, To them America is where only the Trumpists are allowed to live in. In other words, you and I are not “true” Americans,” & don’t count!
Right, Lucy?;)

He's not a Republican, I've criticized him plenty of times and will continue to but I don't blame him for every bad thing in the world. He's an asshole and spends too much time patting himself on the back rather than trying to solve problems and I'll never vote for him. However, this virus thing is not all on him as some would like to say. I've been reading for many years that something like this was eventually gonna hit us but no president has ever done a lot about it. Bush did a little and Obama did a little and Trump comes along and dismantles what each done.

Reactions: largemouth
You are dead wrong, and your prejudice is showing!

Zeke blamed him for what happened in January, Feb, March, and April this year!
Yeah like we wouldn't have had any infections if Obama had been in office.... see that's the problem. Everyone acts acts as though every infection and death is Trump's fault.

Yeah like we wouldn't have had any infections if Obama had been in office.... see that's the problem. Everyone acts acts as though every infection and death is Trump's fault.
No, they don't. That's just you being hyperbolic ("Everyone", "every virus") to create a straw man and defend the POTUS.
Hell, Fauci admits that our slow response costs lives, and now T.rump is retweeting #fireFauci tweets.

Not true. I think that only about 95% of the infections and deaths are Trump’s fault.

The only worse way to handle this crisis would be to do absolutely nothing and just let the disease run amok. Trump reportedly considered doing just that.

Reactions: meridian
The only worse way to handle this crisis would be to do absolutely nothing and just let the disease run amok. Trump reportedly considered doing just that.
To be fair, he asked the question. Early on I think that was the approach the Brits were considering. I suspect that's why he asked.

No, they don't. That's just you being hyperbolic ("Everyone", "every virus") to create a straw man and defend the POTUS.
Hell, Fauci admits that our slow response costs lives, and now T.rump is retweeting #fireFauci tweets.
I don't doubt that his slow response did cost lives but how many? That will never be known and besides that he didn't prevent any governor from making their own decisions and implementing their own lock down. Trump's biggest mistake was listening to anything that came from China. They first said it was only animal to human. then human to human could occur but minimal, and now we know it's highly contagious.

To be fair, he asked the question. Early on I think that was the approach the Brits were considering. I suspect that's why he asked.
Have you been reading about Sweden not going into lock down mode? It'll be interesting to see how long that last and the outcome.

I don't doubt that his slow response did cost lives but how many? That will never be known and besides that he didn't prevent any governor from making their own decisions and implementing their own lock down. Trump's biggest mistake was listening to anything that came from China. They first said it was only animal to human. then human to human could occur but minimal, and now we know it's highly contagious.

Blame China....Blame the governors...Just don't blame the guy in charge?

Do you remember Benghazi? Do you remember the years of investigation after fruitless investigation? I certainly remember being asked by multiple Republican friends whether or not I even cared about the lives of FOUR Americans. FOUR. This virus has now killed 22,161 Americans. That's 5,540.25‬ Benghazis.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Thank you for this post that addresses NONE of my points.

Listening to China is far from Trump's biggest mistake. Being incompetent to lead his government's response has been the biggest failure, and it continues.

Falling behind in developing tests, failure to manage the distribution of PPE, and now pushing for specific dates to reopen rather than goals for testing that will enable us to reopen - these are real failures that fall upon the President. He needs to go before the next, potentially worse crisis.

7ex4p504ues41.jpg

So Trump’s biggest mistake was really someone else’s mistake that he listened to. Trump wouldn’t have made that mistake but he was really just a victim of someone else’s misinformation. Damn those Chinese.

That's a cop out, NPT. His biggest mistake is providing zero leadership, highlighted by zero consistent messaging, zero ability to focus on anybody but himself, and zero compassion. The Chinese government being despicable does not absolve President Trump of the same.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Listening to China is far from Trump's biggest mistake. Being incompetent to lead his government's response has been the biggest failure, and it continues.

Falling behind in developing tests, failure to manage the distribution of PPE, and now pushing for specific dates to reopen rather than goals for testing that will enable us to reopen - these are real failures that fall upon the President. He needs to go before the next, potentially worse crisis.

That's a cop out, NPT. His biggest mistake is providing zero leadership, highlighted by zero consistent messaging, zero ability to focus on anybody but himself, and zero compassion. The Chinese government being despicable does not absolve President Trump of the same.

Trump's inexplicable willingness to trust the propaganda from the Chinese government isn't a separate problem from his overall lack of leadership, it's a symptom of the exact same problem. While humping flags and screaming "America first!" he's consistently made the decisions that authoritarian leaders around the world have tricked him into rather than listening to American experts. See trusting MBS' explanation of Kashoggi's death. See every single time he's believed Putin over his intelligence agencies. See him getting played by Kim multiple times. His lack of leadership and susceptibility to flattery is why he has bungled the response to this crisis, and praising Xi while ignoring warnings from experts in the health and intelligence communities is very much part of that.

Nope, you either misunderstood what I said or you just want to believe what you want to believe regardless of the facts.

I nor anybody, not even Trumpies, on this board has said that there would not have been any infections, had Obama been the president. That would’ve been a very stupid thing to say.

Had Obama been the president today, an intelligent and prudent man he is, he would’ve listened to the advices from the experts and acted accordingly & promptly, not based on ignorant gut reaction. He would’ve acted immediately as any intelligent, prudent, patriotic president (or any such person) would have done.

After all, what does Trump know about medical science, except that his uncle (was he really an uncle or a distant uncle of a distant cousin? ;):( I have a Ph.D, just as Trump’s uncle. Neither his nor mine was in medical science. Yet, I don’t claim to know more about this “chinavirus” than you, nor do my nephews and nieces and nephews’s nieces are nutty enough to claim as such.

That 2 or 3 wks he wasted bragging about how great man he is, instead of taking an immediate action, put tens of thousands of American lives at risk.

Furthermore, he is more concerned about fattening his purses by purchasing medical supplies from the companies he owns shares of stocks in. That is downright criminal. And Blaming Obama for it? Come on, you are better than that! You are an intelligent man!!!
Time to wake up!!!

better version:

If our president were captain on the Titanic...

Those reports of icebergs on CNN are all fake news.
We don't need any iceberg watchers. Damn right, I fired them.
Binoculars are a waste of money.
We are ready for any of your fake icebergs. Not like under the last captain.

(BANG)

Who knew there could be icebergs?
We need to get this boat moving again. Some may drown, but we can deal with it.
Nobody knows more about icebergs than me.
I told everyone about icebergs. I called it first.
There are plenty of lifeboats, and they're PERFECT!
I am the best captain. Highest ratings on Yelp, ever.

Reactions: iuwclurker
At least you’re grouping Trump with China...

...after grouping him with Russia...

...after...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT