ADVERTISEMENT

Diamondbacks sweep Dodgers

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
After finishing 16 games behind the Dodgers, the D Backs sweep.

Love the Managers post game quote:

Maybe we should have spent more time training our starting pitchers not to give up 4 bombs in an inning and less time honoring Satan," said Manager Dave Roberts in a somber postgame press conference at Chase Field. He shook his head and shrugged. "But that's the benefit of hindsight, I guess."​

"What was your approach to this series, and what went wrong?" asked one reporter.​

"Yeah, uh, right - our main strategy for the year was to, you know, worship Satan and honor perverted drag queen nuns," Roberts said. "It didn't end up paying off, you know, but we stand by our strategy. As the old saying goes, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you get swept by the 84-win Diamondbacks after you honor blasphemous drag queens who spit upon the Catholic faith."​

"That's just baseball."​
Maybe the Dodgers need an exorcism.

Dodgers need starting pitching and a new manager. I haven’t watched a minute of baseball this season.

After finishing 16 games behind the Dodgers, the D Backs sweep.

Love the Managers post game quote:

Maybe we should have spent more time training our starting pitchers not to give up 4 bombs in an inning and less time honoring Satan," said Manager Dave Roberts in a somber postgame press conference at Chase Field. He shook his head and shrugged. "But that's the benefit of hindsight, I guess."​

"What was your approach to this series, and what went wrong?" asked one reporter.​

"Yeah, uh, right - our main strategy for the year was to, you know, worship Satan and honor perverted drag queen nuns," Roberts said. "It didn't end up paying off, you know, but we stand by our strategy. As the old saying goes, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you get swept by the 84-win Diamondbacks after you honor blasphemous drag queens who spit upon the Catholic faith."​

"That's just baseball."​
Maybe the Dodgers need an exorcism.

Hmm, if you love that quote, one of us has their sarcasm detector off.

Hmm, if you love that quote, one of us has their sarcasm detector off.
1. Hate that the Dodgers lost. But that’s what you get when Seager, Berlinger and Trae Turner are elsewhere.

2. You don’t think he loved the Bee’s take? Who doesn’t love the Bee? Maybe it’s you who should be checking your sarcasm detector.

1. Hate that the Dodgers lost. But that’s what you get when Seager, Berlinger and Trae Turner are elsewhere.

2. You don’t think he loved the Bee’s take? Who doesn’t love the Bee? Maybe it’s you who should be checking your sarcasm detector.
Ah, didn't look at the link. But I still don't think as sarcasm it supports the conservative view but rather makes fun of it.

Ah, didn't look at the link. But I still don't think as sarcasm it supports the conservative view but rather makes fun of it.
Oh, the Bee has been giving it to the Dodgers, and rightfully so, ever since they lost their collective minds.

Oh, the Bee has been giving it to the Dodgers, and rightfully so, ever since they lost their collective minds.
Look at this line, "Maybe we should have spent more time training our starting pitchers not to give up 4 bombs in an inning and less time honoring Satan."

That seems clear to be making fun of people who opposed the Dodgers having the special nights they had. They have special nights all the time, players have contracts that require them to do so many hours of publicity. It isn't any different if they had a night celebrating disabled veterans (which we all think is good) or a night celebrating Hamas (something we all think is bad). So to me, it is making fun of anyone who thinks the Dodgers lost because of their special nights. Those people wouldn't be progressives.

Look at this line, "Maybe we should have spent more time training our starting pitchers not to give up 4 bombs in an inning and less time honoring Satan."

That seems clear to be making fun of people who opposed the Dodgers having the special nights they had. They have special nights all the time, players have contracts that require them to do so many hours of publicity. It isn't any different if they had a night celebrating disabled veterans (which we all think is good) or a night celebrating Hamas (something we all think is bad). So to me, it is making fun of anyone who thinks the Dodgers lost because of their special nights. Those people wouldn't be progressives.
Since when do special nights ridicule millions of people?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT