ADVERTISEMENT

“You should say ‘congratulations, great job’

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
That is a quote from the president of the United States in his press briefing yesterday when he was asked a question he didn't like - or didn't know the answer to. I don't watch his briefings any more, but that was in response to a FOX NEWS reporter asking about the HHS report on hospital supply shortages.

Here is the full quote (and link to the article):

“You should say ‘congratulations, great job,’ instead of being so horrid in the way you ask a question.”

If he doesn't like the press asking him questions, don't go to the press briefings. Drs. Birx and Fauci will do just fine.

That is a quote from the president of the United States in his press briefing yesterday when he was asked a question he didn't like - or didn't know the answer to. I don't watch his briefings any more, but that was in response to a FOX NEWS reporter asking about the HHS report on hospital supply shortages.

“You should say ‘congratulations, great job,’ instead of being so horrid in the way you ask a question.”

If he doesn't like the press asking him questions, don't go to the press briefings. Drs. Birx and Fauci will do just fine.

Trump is a snowflake bitch who wants his participation trophy. Actual questions trigger him.

Horrid? I think Trump actually learned a new word!

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Also berating the White House Corp Head and saying he was third rate and asking an Asian reporter repeatedly if she was from China. Can you imagine any other president getting away with this?

Also berating the White House Corp Head and saying he was third rate and asking an Asian reporter repeatedly if she was from China. Can you imagine any other president getting away with this?
Before you run your mouth again, you might want to find out who the Asian reporter is and who she works for - or under direction of. After you find that information, you'll want to delete your post.

Before you run your mouth again, you might want to find out who the Asian reporter is and who she works for - or under direction of. After you find that information, you'll want to delete your post.

Well who was it?

Reactions: sglowrider

You should focus on more important issues like why the WH Admin, primarily Trump, avoid real, difficult questions. Why would the POTUS cut off reporters from asking things we are all worried about? Why would he deflect from reality and and say it’s a “nasty” question when it affects you and your neighbors?

I found it on Google. About 2/3 of the way through the video there was a reference to legislation cosponsored by Barack Obama and Dick Lugar. Unfortunately we don’t see much of that anymore.

I remember him making the statement about not needing to keep people around on a payroll for emergencies when you can go out and hire them back when needed. He bragged that he was a businessman. What a complete failure! History will judge him very harshly. However he is likely to still get his core 40% to blindly support him. All he has to do is win the electoral college.

Now he won't let CNN talk to the government's medical experts unless they also televise his daily shitshow. This is full-blown dictator behavior: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/media/pence-office-tv-bookings-coronavirus/index.html

Update...Apparently they figured out that dictatorial control of the media doesn't look good, so he has relented. What a F*&^&ing pathetic clown.
If you remember, Pence tried to start a government-run news station when he was governor of Indiana. That idea was appropriately stopped in its tracks.

So did Bush before Obama. In this article he talked about it and even set up a plan. Like I said before it's too bad that he didn't follow up on it and it's too bad that Obama didn't follow up. Those politicians are good at talking about something but not getting it done.

Oh... I wasn't aware Obama was responsible for funding programmes too. Learn something new every day.

I wonder what the useless, do-nothing Congress then were doing.

Reactions: meridian
Oh... I wasn't aware Obama was responsible for funding programmes too. Learn something new every day.

I wonder what the useless, do-nothing Congress then were doing.
Obama isn't responsible and neither was Bush but both had majorities in both houses at one time and could have gotten funding.

Obama isn't responsible and neither was Bush but both had majorities in both houses at one time and could have gotten funding.

Are you talking about the roughly four months that democrats had both the house and a full filibuster proof 60 votes in the senate? Or are you perpetuating the republican myth that Obama had the house and senate for two full years?

So did Bush before Obama. In this article he talked about it and even set up a plan. Like I said before it's too bad that he didn't follow up on it and it's too bad that Obama didn't follow up. Those politicians are good at talking about something but not getting it done.
While I agree with you on criticizing Obama & Bush not following on it, I don’t see you condemning Trump for the same & more. Furthermore, the tragedy has happened in Trump’s timeline, and all I see is him condemning Obama for his failure on his Failure for timely response.

Boy, it’s hard to post using an iPhone!

Yep, it's a shame Trump dismantled the pandemic team Obama had set in place. It's also a shame Trump didn't fill major positions that he decided to vacate. I guess we're stuck with nepotism and Kushner. Great job, Trump and his voters. Great job.

While I agree with you on criticizing Obama & Bush not following on it, I don’t see you condemning Trump for the same & more. Furthermore, the tragedy has happened in Trump’s timeline, and all I see is him condemning Obama for his failure on his Failure for timely response.

Boy, it’s hard to post using an iPhone!
Well I'm critical of ALL presidents on that subject. I've been reading for many years that something like this is gonna happen. You know and I know that it takes a lot of planning to have something in place and get things through congress. I don't think Trump is any more responsible than the previous presidents just because it happened on his watch. Besides that he doesn't have time.... he's too ^%$#@ busy patting himself on the back for the marvelous job that he's done.:rolleyes:

Well I'm critical of ALL presidents on that subject. I've been reading for many years that something like this is gonna happen. You know and I know that it takes a lot of planning to have something in place and get things through congress. I don't think Trump is any more responsible than the previous presidents just because it happened on his watch. Besides that he doesn't have time.... he's too ^%$#@ busy patting himself on the back for the marvelous job that he's done.:rolleyes:
And the other ones did have some structure in place until Trump dismantled the teams and cut funding. He also had months to prepare, we know for sure mid January, and now it’s looking like maybe as early as November. So yes, it’s on him.

And the other ones did have some structure in place until Trump dismantled the teams and cut funding. He also had months to prepare, we know for sure mid January, and now it’s looking like maybe as early as November. So yes, it’s on him.
Oh I know that in your way of thinking you could blame Trump for something that happened in the 1800s.

Reactions: Ladoga and stollcpa

Have you seen the recent clip of Obama in 2014 laying out what the issues are about the next pandemic? And yes more could’ve been done. All Trump did was disassemble what previous administration started. Instead he labeled the severity of this as a hoax. And if we ever get through this we can get back to dealing with Trump’s other hoax known as global warming.

Zeke hating Trump I understand. I really do but that great team he dismantled obviously hadn’t done anymore to get us ready for this than Dr Fauci. Trump has made mistakes like any President would have. When he was closing travel from China Dr Fauci was saying this Virus wasn’t a bid deal. You’re very capable of watching the Fauci interview from January. For the most part when push comes to shove Trump has done what Fauci and the scientists have recommended.

At some point soon he’s going to have to make a decision to start opening the economy. Fauci will have us closed next year at this time. We’re either going to be able to weather the virus or not. We can’t keep hiding. With health conditions I have I might be one not to make it. So be it.
A brave soldier in the T.rump Army.

Zeke hating Trump I understand. I really do but that great team he dismantled obviously hadn’t done anymore to get us ready for this than Dr Fauci. Trump has made mistakes like any President would have. When he was closing travel from China Dr Fauci was saying this Virus wasn’t a bid deal. You’re very capable of watching the Fauci interview from January. For the most part when push comes to shove Trump has done what Fauci and the scientists have recommended.

At some point soon he’s going to have to make a decision to start opening the economy. Fauci will have us closed next year at this time. We’re either going to be able to weather the virus or not. We can’t keep hiding. With health conditions I have I might be one not to make it. So be it.

The US comprises 18% (and growing) of the COVID-19 deaths in the world, with a little over 4% of the population. We haven't been hiding. We've been leading with our chin and are paying a terrible price for it.

Now you're suggesting we try herd immunity. You really think telling people to come back out and see if they make it is going to restart the economy?

Have you seen the recent clip of Obama in 2014 laying out what the issues are about the next pandemic? And yes more could’ve been done. All Trump did was disassemble what previous administration started. Instead he labeled the severity of this as a hoax. And if we ever get through this we can get back to dealing with Trump’s other hoax known as global warming.
Yeah and I've seen Bush's clip too but words don't get the job done. I'm not saying Trump is not partly to blame...I blame presidents for the last 40 years because they've been saying that this could happen but none ever took it serious enough to do more than get a few people together.

You seem to be discounting the 3 years Trump has been in the Presidency. He didn’t start the job in February.
I'm not discounting his 3 years in office at all. He could have done something but didn't and all the previous presidents did very little.

You forgot the Russian hoax.

I'm not discounting his 3 years in office at all. He could have done something but didn't and all the previous presidents did very little.

Trump says he takes no responsibility for anything because his supporters don’t make him. Excuses. It’s always someone else’s fault. I thought Republicans were the party of personal accountability?

This Lincoln Project ad is vicious. What was Trump doing as the virus was spreading in the US? Golfing and holding cult rallies.

Edit to add video

Last edited:
Trump says he takes no responsibility for anything because his supporters don’t make him. Excuses. It’s always someone else’s fault. I thought Republicans were the party of personal accountability?

This Lincoln Project ad is vicious. What was Trump doing as the virus was spreading in the US? Golfing and holding cult rallies.

Edit to add video
Well I am NOT a Trump supporter and never will be. However, that doesn't make him totally responsible for every bad thing that happens.

ADVERTISEMENT