ADVERTISEMENT

Durham probe

When did Gaetz switch parties?
I was kind of wondering the same thing, BUT. He wasn't wrong so to say. The actionable items that come from the probe end up being much less than what occurred. If I was to be honest, the fact that Durham didn't present "shake the earth" type findings, may be the only reason he is still alive. Just like Moscow, Moscow DC. There's a little suburb of Moscow DC called Clinton, it's right next to Pelosiville.

You didn’t watch what i watched. Schiff and the dems that treated him as a hostile witness looked like partisan hacks that could care less about this country.

We do not want the FBI acting like some did in this Trump matter.
He just wanted to post tweets from Pencil Neck and Gaetz.

He didn't watch a minute of it, or he'd know what he posted was ridiculous.

I watched his testimony and he more than held his own and made people like Pencil Neck look ridiculous.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

I watched his testimony and he more than held his own and made people like Pencil Neck look ridiculous.

I had about an hour and a half while my kid was getting her braces off today, so I popped some air pods in and tuned in.

I particularly liked the part where Swalwell pointed out Durham had every chance to indict anyone he wanted to, including Hillary, yet could find no evidence to do so, getting Durham to say so on record.

I had about an hour and a half while my kid was getting her braces off today, so I popped some air pods in and tuned in.

I particularly liked the part where Swalwell pointed out Durham had every chance to indict anyone he wanted to, including Hillary, yet could find no evidence to do so, getting Durham to say so on record.
Did you also hear Durham say it wasn't his job to investigate Hillary? His job was to investigate how the investigation was handled.

He COULD have indicted her, but he stayed in his lane. You should be appreciative of anyone who doesn't overstep his authority and go after his political opponents.

Of course, as a Democrat, that's exactly the type of behavior you like.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
It went very well for him. He was very intelligent and engaging, unlike Mueller when he testified.
Its hilarious that YOU think it "went well for him", when he essentially destroyed your main talking point about the Mueller Investigation. Your whole rationale seems to be that the Russians didn't attempt to "help Trump", and Durham basically admitted that he believed that they did. Maybe you need a copy of the transcript, because you certainly misheard the audio clip...

After this week I see a new MAGA talking point emerging... Biden didn't replace either Durham or Weiss (the ONLY two Trump appointees he left intact) for the reasons most of us envisioned, that he did not want to disrupt ongoing investigations that both were conducting and wanted to avoid the appearance of trying to intrude on the process... That's just what he wanted people to believe, but as usual that feeble old man had a much more sinister reason in mind...

Yep my prediciton is that within the next couple of days someone in Maga land will put forth the theory that the reason Biden didn't replace either Durham or Weiss is that he knew they were both ****ing idiots who would bungle their resspective investigations. Mark my words, someone in Maga world will claim that Biden knew both of them were incompetent, because there is no way two seperate Investigations each headed up by handpicked Trump officials and lasting at least 3 yrs weren't a slam dunk in the hands of competent prosecutors

It's beyond the Maga mind to comprehend that the reason the Investigations turned up nothing, was because there wasa nothing there. Even though Weiss (Trump's guy) sent a note to Comer's committee weeks ago proclaiming that he was completely in charge and solely responsible for whatever happened in the Hunter probe, there is no way the MAGA mentality can accept that.

Did you also hear Durham say it wasn't his job to investigate Hillary? His job was to investigate how the investigation was handled.

He COULD have indicted her, but he stayed in his lane. You should be appreciative of anyone who doesn't overstep his authority and go after his political opponents.

Of course, as a Democrat, that's exactly the type of behavior you like.

If that were the type of behavior I wanted, then I would have wanted the investigation squashed, no, if I were a true dem in your eyes (I haven't given two shits about this investigation. It hasn't effected a single solitary second of my life).

Yet, Biden let the investigation go on, like Swalwell pointed out and Durham answered yes to when asked.

Quite the opposite description you have there, don't you think?

If that were the type of behavior I wanted, then I would have wanted the investigation squashed, no, if I were a true dem in your eyes (I haven't given two shits about this investigation. It hasn't effected a single solitary second of my life).

Yet, Biden let the investigation go on, like Swalwell pointed out and Durham answered yes to when asked.

Quite the opposite description you have there, don't you think?
He let the investigation go on as long as people like Hillary weren't indicted.

Do you honestly think Durham thought he could get a conviction by indicting Hillary or Comey or any of the other conspirators? Give me a break. That wasn't going to happen.

You didn’t watch what i watched. Schiff and the dems that treated him as a hostile witness looked like partisan hacks that could care less about this country.

We do not want the FBI acting like some did in this Trump matter.
Yet you were fine with a partisan hack that is Durham. As long as the partisan hack is on your side lmao.

Durham pretty much had the view that Trump did collude with Russia but that it was merely inadvisable. Lmao. So looks like dems were right.

Hurry up and move the goalposts trying to come up with a defense

Last edited:
Yet you were fine with a partisan hack that is Durham.

As long as the partisan hack is on your side lmao.

Durham pretty much had the view that Trump did collude with Russia but that it was merely inadvisable.

Lmao. So looks like dems were right.
Clueless

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Then why did he post his tweet? He's at least agreeing with him in this case, evidently.
He said Durham was getting attacked from both sides. Gaetz was attacking Durham because Durham didn't find any crimes within the FBI and was unsuccessful with the two people he charged. The other guy was attacking Durham because Durham wouldn't admit that it was unusual that the Trump's son would get calls from Russians concerning possible dirt on HRC and then meet with them. Durham tried to claim it wasn't unusual and did not dispute that it happened.

Reactions: MrBing

Don't you ever feel any shame or remorse when your post is entirely false?

Last edited:
You posted multiple times in the Biden thread that crossfire hurricane wasn’t made public before the 2016 election even after I REPEATEDLY showed you that it was.
No, I posted that an FBI investigation was not made public before the 2016 election. That remains a fact. The public didn't even hear the words CROSSFIRE HURRICANE until after the election. You went all over the place in that thread and in the end you basically agreed with everything I said, except that there was no evidence that the FBI leaked anything and that there is no evidence that the FBI tried to influence the election.

Categorically false.

Don’t you ever feel shame or remorse when your posts are 100 percent false?
Dude, that's exactly what I posted. The FBI investigation was not public before the election and that is 100 percent fact.

If you dispute that, just fricking carry on because you're not arguing in good faith and never will.

Dude, that's exactly what I posted. The FBI investigation was not public before the election and that is 100 percent fact.

If you dispute that, just fricking carry on because you're not arguing in good faith and never will.
The FBI was investigating Carter Page in 2016.

That investigation was reported on by Yahoo news in September of that year.

Those are the facts.

You can call me all the names you want but you’re just wrong.

Reactions: DANC

Those are the facts.

The second sentence is false and is not a fact. I also didn't call you a name. Saying you're a bad faith poster is not calling you a name, it's an accurate assessment of what you've been doing. Carry on. I will no longer engage with you and your bad faith posts.

Those are the facts.

So blissfully unaware..... you keep pummeling him and he keeps coming back for more.

The second sentence is false and is not a fact. I also didn't call you a name. Saying you're a bad faith poster is not calling you a name, it's an accurate assessment of what you've been doing. Carry on. I will no longer engage with you and your bad faith posts.
Dude, no it isn’t.

Here, I’ll post the link again.

I’m not exactly sure what you think you’re accomplishing here. It’s really weird that you continue to deny reality.

Reactions: DANC
It’s almost unsettling. It’s like he’s being aggressively ignorant on this issue.

Not only is he refusing to acknowledge what is clearly reality, he’s calling me a bad faith poster for saying it.

I don’t really know what to make of it, to be honest.
I know the feeling.......

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Dude, no it isn’t.

Here, I’ll post the link again.

I’m not exactly sure what you think you’re accomplishing here. It’s really weird that you continue to deny reality.

There is something wrong with you. Once again, your link does not say that the FBI was investigating.

I’m not trying to accomplish anything other than accuracy. You need to carefully and logically read that article because it does not say what you think it says and your supposed facts are still not facts.

Read the first part again:

“U.S. intelligence officials are seeking to determine whether an American businessman identified by Donald Trump as one of his foreign policy advisers has opened up private communications with senior Russian officials — including talks about the possible lifting of economic sanctions if the Republican nominee becomes president, according to multiple sources who have been briefed on the issue.”

• Haha
Reactions: MrBing and DANC
There is something wrong with you. Once again, your link does not say that the FBI was investigating.

I’m not trying to accomplish anything other than accuracy. You need to carefully and logically read that article because it does not say what you think it says and your supposed facts are still not facts.

Read the first part again:

“U.S. intelligence officials are seeking to determine whether an American businessman identified by Donald Trump as one of his foreign policy advisers has opened up private communications with senior Russian officials — including talks about the possible lifting of economic sanctions if the Republican nominee becomes president, according to multiple sources who have been briefed on the issue.”

Yahoo news reported that members of the US intelligence community were investigating Carter Page, a member of the Trump campaign in September.

The FBI is part of the US intelligence community.

The FBI is a member of the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC)—a group of 17 federal agencies that collect intelligence. In addition to using intelligence to investigate and solve cases, the FBI shares it with other members of the IC who may be able to use the information.

So yes, the FBI’s investigation into the Trump campaign was public knowledge before the 2016 election.

You are wrong. And it’s bizarre that you keep harping on this.

Yahoo news reported that members of the US intelligence community were investigating Carter Page, a member of the Trump campaign in September.

So yes, the FBI’s investigation into the Trump campaign was public knowledge before the 2016 election.

1+1 does not equal 2 for him.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory

The Yahoo article doesn't support your claim that Crossfire Hurricane was public knowledge before the election.

First, the investigation didn't begin with Carter Page. It didn't begin with the Steele dossier. it began on July 31, 2016 as a result of Trump campaign member George Papadoupolas' claim that Russia had dirt on HRC that it was willing to release in order to help the Trump campaign.

The Yahoo article references an investigation into the activities of Carter Page. There is nothing in the article to indicate that the investigation of Carter Page was part of a broader inquiry into the Trump campaign. Harry Reid alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia but, again, there's nothing in the article about US intelligence investigating the Trump campaign. Anyone reading the article could come to the reasonable conclusion that Page was acting as a lone wolf and was being investigated accordingly. in fact, Hope Hicks is quoted as referring to Page as "an informal foreign policy adviser who does not speak for Mr. Trump or the campaign." Trump campaign spokesman Jason Miller said "Page has no role" and "we are not aware of any of his activities, past or present."

US intelligence went to great lengths to keep Crossfire Hurricane secret prior to the 2016 presidential election. An article appearing in the New York Times dated May 18, 2018 describes those efforts in detail:

"Only about five Justice Department officials knew the full scope of the case, officials said, not the dozen or more who might normally be briefed on a major national security case. The facts, had they surfaced, might have devastated the Trump campaign: Mr. Trump’s future national security adviser was under investigation, as was his campaign chairman. One adviser appeared to have Russian intelligence contacts. Another was suspected of being a Russian agent himself. In the Clinton case, Mr. Comey has said he erred on the side of transparency. But in the face of questions from Congress about the Trump campaign, the F.B.I. declined to tip its hand."

Got anything else (other than the Yahoo piece)?

The Yahoo article doesn't support your claim that Crossfire Hurricane was public knowledge before the election.
Yes, it does. For the reasons I’ve laid out.
First, the investigation didn't begin with Carter Page. It didn't begin with the Steele dossier. it began on July 31, 2016 as a result of Trump campaign member George Papadoupolas' claim that Russia had dirt on HRC that it was willing to release in order to help the Trump campaign.
I never made any claims about the origins of crossfire hurricane.
The Yahoo article references an investigation into the activities of Carter Page. There is nothing in the article to indicate that the investigation of Carter Page was part of a broader inquiry into the Trump campaign. Harry Reid alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia but, again, there's nothing in the article about US intelligence investigating the Trump campaign. Anyone reading the article could come to the reasonable conclusion that Page was acting as a lone wolf and was being investigated accordingly. in fact, Hope Hicks is quoted as referring to Page as "an informal foreign policy adviser who does not speak for Mr. Trump or the campaign." Trump campaign spokesman Jason Miller said "Page has no role" and "we are not aware of any of his activities, past or present."

The very first paragraph in the Yahoo news article reads like this(emphasis mine)-“US intelligence officials are seeking to determine whether an American businessman IDENTIFIED BY DONALD TRUMP AS ONE OF HIS FOREIGN POLICY ADVISORShas opened up private communications with senior Russian officials — including talks about the possible lifting of economic sanctions if the Republican nominee becomes president, according to multiple sources who have been briefed on the issue.

If you want to split hairs and claim that an investigation of Page didn’t necessarily equate to an investigation of the Trump campaign, go right ahead. It’s a ridiculous claim, but you do you.

The only reason Page was under investigation at that time was because he was attached to Trumps campaign. The FBI knew of him previously but hadn’t focused on him before 2016.

But he was most certainly part of the crossfire hurricane investigation.
US intelligence went to great lengths to keep Crossfire Hurricane secret prior to the 2016 presidential election. An article appearing in the New York Times dated May 18, 2018 describes those efforts in detail:

"Only about five Justice Department officials knew the full scope of the case, officials said, not the dozen or more who might normally be briefed on a major national security case. The facts, had they surfaced, might have devastated the Trump campaign: Mr. Trump’s future national security adviser was under investigation, as was his campaign chairman. One adviser appeared to have Russian intelligence contacts. Another was suspected of being a Russian agent himself. In the Clinton case, Mr. Comey has said he erred on the side of transparency. But in the face of questions from Congress about the Trump campaign, the F.B.I. declined to tip its hand."

Got anything else (other than the Yahoo piece)?
The fact that the existence of crossfire hurricane was public knowledge was known and discussed by the FBI agents at the time. That’s in Durhams report. They blamed Steele for the leak, although I don’t believe they ever proved it conclusively.

However, that didn’t stop them. They carried on until May of 2017 with an investigation they knew AT THE TIME was without merit.

Either way, it’s existence was known before the election.

Yes, it does. For the reasons I’ve laid out.

I never made any claims about the origins of crossfire hurricane.

The very first paragraph in the Yahoo news article reads like this(emphasis mine)-“US intelligence officials are seeking to determine whether an American businessman IDENTIFIED BY DONALD TRUMP AS ONE OF HIS FOREIGN POLICY ADVISORShas opened up private communications with senior Russian officials — including talks about the possible lifting of economic sanctions if the Republican nominee becomes president, according to multiple sources who have been briefed on the issue.

If you want to split hairs and claim that an investigation of Page didn’t necessarily equate to an investigation of the Trump campaign, go right ahead. It’s a ridiculous claim, but you do you.

The only reason Page was under investigation at that time was because he was attached to Trumps campaign. The FBI knew of him previously but hadn’t focused on him before 2016.

But he was most certainly part of the crossfire hurricane investigation.

The fact that the existence of crossfire hurricane was public knowledge was known and discussed by the FBI agents at the time. That’s in Durhams report. They blamed Steele for the leak, although I don’t believe they ever proved it conclusively.

However, that didn’t stop them. They carried on until May of 2017 with an investigation they knew AT THE TIME was without merit.

Either way, it’s existence was known before the election.
Yes, Page was part of the Crossfire Hurricane investigation, but we didn't know that then. As I said, there was initially no reason to think it was anything other than a lone wolf investigation, and I explained why that was the case.

If someone were to say, "A business associate of Bowlmania is under investigation for insider trading," that doesn't mean I'm implicated and/or responsible.

Your construction of the Yahoo story is very strained. Read the entire article.

That said, if the Durham report (or something else) clearly reflects that the existence of Crossfire Hurricane was public knowledge before the 2016 election, produce the relevant document and language and I'll admit I was wrong.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Yes, Page was part of the Crossfire Hurricane investigation, but we didn't know that then.

Sorry, I’ve been in Manhattan for the past 3 days.

As I’ve said REPEATEDLY, it doesn’t matter that no one knew AT THE TIME that the investigation of Page was CROSSFIRE HURRICANE. That has no basis whatsoever on whether the knowledge of THE INVESTIGATION was public.

We only found out LATER that the investigation in question was crossfire hurricane. That doesn’t mean that it’s existence wasn’t known at the time.

Only that we didn’t know what it’s name was at the time we found out it existed.

As I said, there was initially no reason to think it was anything other than a lone wolf investigation, and I explained why that was the case.

This is such horseshit. The story itself says the reason for the investigation of Page was his exploration of “the possible lifting of sanctions if Trump were elected president”. That precludes the notion that this was a “lone wolf” investigation of Page. The implication is clear. Page would have had no reason to make those overtures if he hadn’t been directed to do so by Trump. It’s pretty ridiculous to think he did that all on his own, or that the FBI would have thought he did. Trump is named more than Page in that article for a reason.
If someone were to say, "A business associate of Bowlmania is under investigation for insider trading," that doesn't mean I'm implicated and/or responsible.

Your construction of the Yahoo story is very strained. Read the entire article.

That said, if the Durham report (or something else) clearly reflects that the existence of Crossfire Hurricane was public knowledge before the 2016 election, produce the relevant document and language and I'll admit I was wrong.
You guys are going to GREAT lengths to deny what is clearly reality.

The FBI was investigating Carter Page before the 2016 election, as part of Crossfire Hurricane.

That investigation was known to the public before the election that year.

Those are the facts.

Sorry, I’ve been in Manhattan for the past 3 days.

As I’ve said REPEATEDLY, it doesn’t matter that no one knew AT THE TIME that the investigation of Page was CROSSFIRE HURRICANE. That has no basis whatsoever on whether the knowledge of THE INVESTIGATION was public.

We only found out LATER that the investigation in question was crossfire hurricane. That doesn’t mean that it’s existence wasn’t known at the time.

Only that we didn’t know what it’s name was at the time we found out it existed.

This is such horseshit. The story itself says the reason for the investigation of Page was his exploration of “the possible lifting of sanctions if Trump were elected president”. That precludes the notion that this was a “lone wolf” investigation of Page. The implication is clear. Page would have had no reason to make those overtures if he hadn’t been directed to do so by Trump. It’s pretty ridiculous to think he did that all on his own, or that the FBI would have thought he did. Trump is named more than Page in that article for a reason.

You guys are going to GREAT lengths to deny what is clearly reality.

The FBI was investigating Carter Page before the 2016 election, as part of Crossfire Hurricane.

That investigation was known to the public before the election that year.

Those are the facts.
Of course everyone already knew this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT