ADVERTISEMENT

Durham probe

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
Reactions: walkerman
Yep. Trust the system right? The system never fails.... Until you are on death row, innocent, thinking... wait untill I see that hoosboot person.

...... See ya.
5061416a1aa5aff74fb97c5c5df0515a.jpg

Do you believe that the whole dossier and how it led to spying on the campaign was on the up and up? I know you don't like Trump but come on.

They won't get a fair trial in DC anyway, from the judge to the jury. OJ has never been found guilty for the ex-wife he clearly murdered either.
Steele never said it was going to prove out to be 100% accurate. It was originally prepared for a Republican candidate supposedly then Hillary's team decided to go forward with it.

• Haha
Reactions: bigmac76 and DANC
Steele never said it was going to prove out to be 100% accurate. It was originally prepared for a Republican candidate supposedly then Hillary's team decided to go forward with it.
As Ranger mentioned above, when you read through the admitted narrative the FBI gave, this was jacked up. They knowingly passed on bad information initially. Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt on that initial ask (I don't) they continued to knowingly double down on that misinformation on several more occasions.

Mistakes that big should be fireable offenses at the very least.

Do you believe that the whole dossier and how it led to spying on the campaign was on the up and up? I know you don't like Trump but come on.

They won't get a fair trial in DC anyway, from the judge to the jury. OJ has never been found guilty for the ex-wife he clearly murdered either.
Of course, I don't think the dossier was accurate. Its origins were always suspect (proved to be). I've said so from the beginning. I don't believe that made the investigation into possible connections with Russia illegitimate. There were several and they were rightly suspect. The Russians did try to influence the election in favor of Trump. Russia is not an ally, of course that had to be investigated. The results weren't positive for Trump so Trump and his followers did what they do and tried to discredit it completely by lying about it (well, the totally devoted Trump followers likely believed the lies).

Do I believe in the deep state theories popular among Trump supporters? I do not. Of course, there are some bad apples here and there motivated to action or biased by their political ideology (both ways, incidentally), but it's not some wide-spread issue or any sort of conspiracy by them. Take the FBI, for example. Key people in the FBI have long been Republicans. The majority of the FBI rank and file are almost certainly Republican or Republican leaning because Republicans are generally drawn to law-enforcement more than Democrats are. There is no deep state conspiracy withing the FBI to get Trump or Republicans. It makes no sense. Same with the military. I know from personal experience that the majority of those in the military are Republican or Republican leaning. However, Trump quickly decided he knows more than his military advisors (he doesn't) and disregarded their advice or treated them with the most disrespect I've even seen from a President. Trump turned on each and every Republican that didn't show total devotion and loyalty to him personally. That's not how this is supposed to work. The devotion and loyalty is supposed to be for the constitution and NOT to a President and all his whims. Regardless of personal political affiliation the vast, vast majority of the FBI and military try to do their jobs in a totally apolitical way and have succeeded in doing so, with few exceptions, during our country's history.

Mattis was one of the best SecDefs during my adult lifetime and Trump turned on him. Then Trump's loyalists did the same. That's one of the most disturbing aspects of Trump's administration and Trumpism (devotion to Trump over party or country).

Also, Trump is no leader. In addition to being able to project command presence (he can't and doesn't), leaders have loyalty and respect for their subordinates. Trump has neither for them. None at all. He was unfit for the office.

No, I don't like him. His personal character and behavior are unacceptable. He's unethical and irresponsible with criminal tendencies (the classified documents case is absolutely indefensible - and that's only one example). He's a blight on the Republican party. Other than that, he's superb. ;)

Of course, I don't think the dossier was accurate. Its origins were always suspect (proved to be). I've said so from the beginning. I don't believe that made the investigation into possible connections with Russia illegitimate. There were several and they were rightly suspect. The Russians did try to influence the election in favor of Trump. Russia is not an ally, of course that had to be investigated. The results weren't positive for Trump so Trump and his followers did what they do and tried to discredit it completely by lying about it (well, the totally devoted Trump followers likely believed the lies).

Do I believe in the deep state theories popular among Trump supporters? I do not. Of course, there are some bad apples here and there motivated to action or biased by their political ideology (both ways, incidentally), but it's not some wide-spread issue or any sort of conspiracy by them. Take the FBI, for example. Key people in the FBI have long been Republicans. The majority of the FBI rank and file are almost certainly Republican or Republican leaning because Republicans are generally drawn to law-enforcement more than Democrats are. There is no deep state conspiracy withing the FBI to get Trump or Republicans. It makes no sense. Same with the military. I know from personal experience that the majority of those in the military are Republican or Republican leaning. However, Trump quickly decided he knows more than his military advisors (he doesn't) and disregarded their advice or treated them with the most disrespect I've even seen from a President. Trump turned on each and every Republican that didn't show total devotion and loyalty to him personally. That's not how this is supposed to work. The devotion and loyalty is supposed to be for the constitution and NOT to a President and all his whims. Regardless of personal political affiliation the vast, vast majority of the FBI and military try to do their jobs in a totally apolitical way and have succeeded in doing so, with few exceptions, during our country's history.

Mattis was one of the best SecDefs during my adult lifetime and Trump turned on him. Then Trump's loyalists did the same. That's one of the most disturbing aspects of Trump's administration and Trumpism (devotion to Trump over party or country).

Also, Trump is no leader. In addition to being able to project command presence (he can't and doesn't), leaders have loyalty and respect for their subordinates. Trump has neither for them. None at all. He was unfit for the office.

No, I don't like him. His personal character and behavior are unacceptable. He's unethical and irresponsible with criminal tendencies (the classified documents case is absolutely indefensible - and that's only one example). He's a blight on the Republican party. Other than that, he's superb. ;)
Great post.

Taking the Trump stuff out because I don't care about him, I believe that quite a few rank and file are probably GOP leaning. The issue is that I believe the top leadership are not. There are political operatives there and they do make biased decisions. The rank and file tend to go along to get along. So while they may not completely agree, they are going to be more interested in protecting that which is more closely important to them (their job).

The FBI has a historical problem at the top.

Reactions: Cajun54 and DANC
Taking the Trump stuff out because I don't care about him, I believe that quite a few rank and file are probably GOP leaning. The issue is that I believe the top leadership are not. There are political operatives there and they do make biased decisions. The rank and file tend to go along to get along. So while they may not completely agree, they are going to be more interested in protecting that which is more closely important to them (their job).

FBI Director Chris Wray, a Trump appointee, is a lifelong Republican.

It appears it was actually juries who said "nothing to see here". ;)
If you followed this you know the FBI misbehaved getting the FISA warrants. They wanted Trump’s ass and set out to do it by any means. That was made very clear in this last trial. The trials and report are all that is going to come of Durham.

What proof do you have that the top of FBI is corrupted by politics at the top?

Well, technically he was found liable in the wrongful death civil case. Not sure if that qualifies as "guilty" or not.

Damn, AH, great post. You may drop the mic...

1200px-Barack_Obama_Mic_Drop_2016.jpg

I'm not sure you have left the Trumpers on here any room to reply, but I fully expect to see posts from the resident DJT fan club members full of "Rino" this, and "witchhunt" that, and references to the "swamp" and being "duped" and all that bullshit.
Thank you for representing what all the intelligent and sane people from both parties on here know to be true in such an articulate manner.

If you followed this you know the FBI misbehaved getting the FISA warrants. They wanted Trump’s ass and set out to do it by any means. That was made very clear in this last trial. The trials and report are all that is going to come of Durham.
So Durham lost at trial but actually won. Got it.

So Durham lost at trial but actually won. Got it.
I didn’t say that. He lost the trial. Doubt he ever thought he’d won it. FBI conduct that was brought to light in the trial is disturbing. He will write his report. People can read it and see if we want an FBI that picks political sides and goes after an American based on politics.

Any fair minded person would say the FBI conduct in the FISA warrant isn’t the way we want the FBI to operate.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC

Nice old school post, but the preferred nomenclature here now is "Suck it, bitch."

Room 101 for you.

I didn’t say that. He lost the trial. Doubt he ever thought he’d won it. FBI conduct that was brought to light in the trial is disturbing. He will write his report. People can read it and see if we want an FBI that picks political sides and goes after an American based on politics.

Any fair minded person would say the FBI conduct in the FISA warrant isn’t the way we want the FBI to operate.
I would agree the FBI poor judgment is disturbing. The recent revelations about a significant % of agents sympathetic to the rioters on J6 is not exactly what the public would want either. Actually would any fair-minded person say the conduct displayed to Clinton by the FBI the final weeks before the 2016 election was the conduct, we want from the FBI.

Well, technically he was found liable in the wrongful death civil case. Not sure if that qualifies as "guilty" or not.
Crazy that Crazy compared this Durham trial to the OJ case, but whatever. I'll run with it.

Yeah, OJ did it, but the burden of proof in a criminal trial is a lot tougher than in a civil case (e.g. a wrongful death suit), and the prosecution in the criminal case fvcked up royally, particularly with the glove debacle. "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit," argued Johnnie Cochran, and the jury agreed. I don't blame them.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I would agree the FBI poor judgment is disturbing. The recent revelations about a significant % of agents sympathetic to the rioters on J6 is not exactly what the public would want either. Actually would any fair-minded person say the conduct displayed to Clinton by the FBI the final weeks before the 2016 election was the conduct, we want from the FBI.
Maybe we should get rid of the FBI and start over.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Will Biden fire Durham and scuffle the investigation when he’s on the track of the real Russian problem

When will suicides start happening?

The democrat hacks on here will say “nothing to see here”.

Looks like the Democrat hacks ended up being right.

Or are you still in denial that Durham's investigation has crashed and burned as expected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT