ADVERTISEMENT

Durham probe

I’m not around white supremacists enough to know what “typical” ones look like. That might be a handy piece of info.

Wait, I thought you guys said they were EVERYWHERE with their MAGA hats and Trump flags.
Well apparently @mcmurtry66 is a white supremacist for pointing out why Little Rock has such high crime. We should probably ask him.

Sorry, I’ve been in Manhattan for the past 3 days.

As I’ve said REPEATEDLY, it doesn’t matter that no one knew AT THE TIME that the investigation of Page was CROSSFIRE HURRICANE. That has no basis whatsoever on whether the knowledge of THE INVESTIGATION was public.

We only found out LATER that the investigation in question was crossfire hurricane. That doesn’t mean that it’s existence wasn’t known at the time.

Only that we didn’t know what it’s name was at the time we found out it existed.

This is such horseshit. The story itself says the reason for the investigation of Page was his exploration of “the possible lifting of sanctions if Trump were elected president”. That precludes the notion that this was a “lone wolf” investigation of Page. The implication is clear. Page would have had no reason to make those overtures if he hadn’t been directed to do so by Trump. It’s pretty ridiculous to think he did that all on his own, or that the FBI would have thought he did. Trump is named more than Page in that article for a reason.

You guys are going to GREAT lengths to deny what is clearly reality.

The FBI was investigating Carter Page before the 2016 election, as part of Crossfire Hurricane.

That investigation was known to the public before the election that year.

Those are the facts.
I don't care how many times you've repeated it. You're wrong every time. The Yahoo article you cited does not support the claim that a federal investigation of the Trump campaign in connection with ties to Russia was public knowledge before the 2016 election.

The Trump campaign did everything but stand on its head to disassociate itself from Carter Page. Your article addresses that. An investigation of Carter Page does not equate with an investigation of the Trump campaign.

The federal probe into the Trump campaign was not public knowledge until Comey announced it when testifying before the House Intelligence Committee on March 20, 2017. Comey's testimony was the first public acknowledgement of the case. Speculation, rumors, innuendo and allegations prior to that date don't count. In fact, the Trump campaign (and then the Trump White House after January 20, 2017) categorically denied the existence of an investigation into the campaign and dismissed any reports to the contrary as "politically motivated" and false. Once Comey made the announcement, the Trump White House obviously had to abandon that strategy.

Hope you enjoyed Manhattan. How was the parade?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I don't care how many times you've repeated it. You're wrong every time. The Yahoo article you cited does not support the claim that a federal investigation of the Trump campaign in connection with ties to Russia was public knowledge before the 2016 election.
Sure it does. Lol. It’s an article in Yahoo news in which the very first sentence identifies Page as “one of Trumps foreign policy advisors” who “opened up private communications with senior Russian officials, including talks about possible lifting of sanctions if Trump were elected president”.

You’re walking a very dubious line here, which I’m sure you are aware of. If you want to claim that that’s not “proof” that the Trump campaign itself was under investigation, go right ahead. I’ll change my claim from “the Trump campaign” was under investigation to “a member of the Trump campaign” was under investigation.

Either way, the investigation in question was crossfire hurricane and it’s existence was known publicly before the election.
The Trump campaign did everything but stand on its head to disassociate itself from Carter Page. Your article addresses that. An investigation of Carter Page does not equate with an investigation of the Trump campaign.
Wait, you mean the Trump campaign denied everything after being asked to comment on an investigation into one of their employees?

NO WAY!!!
The federal probe into the Trump campaign was not public knowledge until Comey announced it when testifying before the House Intelligence Committee on March 20, 2017. Comey's testimony was the first public acknowledgement of the case. Speculation, rumors, innuendo and allegations prior to that date don't count. In fact, the Trump campaign (and then the Trump White House after January 20, 2017) categorically denied the existence of an investigation into the campaign and dismissed any reports to the contrary as "politically motivated" and false. Once Comey made the announcement, the Trump White House obviously had to abandon that strategy.
I never claimed it’s existence was officially revealed by the government.
Hope you enjoyed Manhattan. How was the parade?
I assume this is in reference to the pride parade?

If so………GOOD ONE!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT