ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey

Bates did get a Flagrant 1. They got two shots and the ball. It was the play that turned the game.
Actually, that is not the case. You are incorrect. If you check the play-by-play record of the game on ESPN.com, you will see that the foul by Bates occurred with 9:44 left in the game. At that time, Maryland was up by 8 points, 50-42. For the rest of the game, the closest IU was able to get was 5 points at 54-49 with just under 6 minutes left. Maryland established a pretty consistent high single-digits or low double-digits lead about 5 minutes into the 2nd half and prior to the foul and maintained it through most of the second half.

That play did not turn the game around. The Maryland lead had been established prior to the play and their lead did not change a great deal after the play.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Personally, I would prefer a more closely-called game.

Where's the rest of my post? Picking and choosing words to fit your narrative. Lol
It wasn't germain, this thread was about Edey. But, here you go, Sport:

"I never said Purdue doesn't foul or edey is fouled but it isn't called."

And, you've claimed both right here in this thread, Liar.

Actually, that is not the case. You are incorrect. If you check the play-by-play record of the game on ESPN.com, you will see that the foul by Bates occurred with 9:44 left in the game. At that time, Maryland was up by 8 points, 50-42. For the rest of the game, the closest IU was able to get was 5 points at 54-49 with just under 6 minutes left. Maryland established a pretty consistent high single-digits or low double-digits lead about 5 minutes into the 2nd half and prior to the foul and maintained it through most of the second half.

That play did not turn the game around. The Maryland lead had been established prior to the play and their lead did not change a great deal after the play.
Go back to learning Portuguese, nerd.

It wasn't germain, this thread was about Edey. But, here you go, Sport:

"I never said Purdue doesn't foul or edey is fouled but it isn't called."

And, you've claimed both right here in this thread, Liar.
What am I lying about? I misspoke that sentence, but I guess if that's all you can disagree and call me out on, you are just looking to tell me I'm wrong. Weird thing to chase.

Trace doesn’t have a track record of forarms and elbows. You thinking he starts tomorrow?
His track record has been using his elbow to hook the defender and get around him. It’s rarely called, yet is a foul. Teams need to be able to adjust to how the officials are calling the game. I don’t dislike any player benefitting from officials calls. It’s not their job to call it.

Reactions: BoilerN
His track record has been using his elbow to hook the defender and get around him. It’s rarely called, yet is a foul. Teams need to be able to adjust to how the officials are calling the game. I don’t dislike any player benefitting from officials calls. It’s not their job to call it.
You can use your elbows, just not your arms.

No, I am not banned as well you know.

Just so you know, I actually laugh when I read your posts. They are characterized by gross overstatements or misstatements. And you get things wrong because you do not read correctly, as you have demonstrated in this very thread.

As I kid, I used to be a great fan of the Road Runner cartoons. When I read your posts, I always have this mental image of Wile E. Coyote writing them. He was always trying to get the Road Runner, but he always screwed up in a comic way that ended up with egg on his face and frustrated. That's how I picture you.
Porky pig response 2.0

How would I know you are not banned on your own forum?

Desperation

Less than 2 fouls a game for a post player is ridiculous and any objective person would admit that I think.

So we both agree: you have nothing to complain about? ... and yet here you are.... STILL!

PS. you're probably the only person/program who thinks purdue as a team doesn't foul. You guys have generally played good, hard aggressive D, and should get called for a good # of fouls. Whether you have or haven't I have no idea, but I would have expected that based on how you play.
Stars get preferred treatment from the refs. Isn’t TJD at 1.6/game?

Your post is again comically wrong. I have taught classes, but not in math. They were in quantitative subjects, however. I taught as a TA which was part of my graduate school fellowship, which is very common for those getting fellowships. Post graduate school, I have taught graduate and undergraduate classes and lectured at 6 different universities, three of them in the Top 50 in the USA in the US News rankings. I was invited to apply for those positions. The opinion at those places is obviously different than yours, but what do they know? I am quite sure that you know better, (tic)
Bullshit. You are unable to create a proper sentence and your skin is as thin as tissue paper.

Rent free Porky.

Porky pig response 2.0

How would I know you are not banned on your own forum?

Desperation
All you would have to do is look and see if I posted there recently. If I was banned, then I could not do so. Wouldn't it make sense to check and see if your assertion of fact is correct BEFORE you make it?

Why is it desperation to point out that you are factually wrong? I guess it doesn't bother you to make demonstrably false statements.

Bullshit. You are unable to create a proper sentence and your skin is as thin as tissue paper.

Rent free Porky.
I am not the one who has trouble reading simple sentences as you seem to have. My grammar and sentence structure are OK; I know that much.

They equally let people murder him. MSU guy smoked him in the face, nothing. That's usually a review... it's far from one sided. I'm expecting a good, tough game. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch.
Poor reception from your folk's basement? There's something to be said about four walls of poured concrete with no windows, where spiders lurk in the shadows of your malcontent.

All you would have to do is look and see if I posted there recently. If I was banned, then I could not do so. Wouldn't it make sense to check and see if your assertion of fact is correct BEFORE you make it?

Why is it desperation to point out that you are factually wrong? I guess it doesn't bother you to make demonstrably false statements.
Ok Porky, so I did just as you suggested, I went over to your site and here is what I discovered:

You indeed posted there last Tuesday so that answers my question...not "assertion". You may want to look that term up and educate yourself on what it means. Hope this helps.

While I was viewing the Purdue Trailer Park Forum I did notice that while there is a lot of IU talk (as there always has been), what is missing is a swarm of IU fans there trolling unlike you and the many other PU fans trolling here. This helps confirm that one thing has never changed...PU fans are far far...far more obsessed and concerned about IU than we are about you pig farmers. It defines your fan base. Always has, always will.

Hope this helps Porky.

Poor reception from your folk's basement? There's something to be said about four walls of poured concrete with no windows, where spiders lurk in the shadows of your malcontent.
Haha how cute. You think I live with my parents.... I haven't lived within 8 hours of my parents for years. I know what the world besides the beach looks like. Southern Indiana is what it is. Average at best.

If that lost you, then yes…you are slow.

Perhaps joining other embittered, slow, gap tooth rednecks on your own board would make you more comfy?

Hope this helps.
Well insults are one way to respond - another would be with facts. Our freshmen have not seen a stage too big for them since day 1 - see Duke, Gonzaga, Ohio State on the road, etc. Sure it will be rocking there tomorrow like crazy but nothing they have seen so far has fazed them - to the contrary them seem to relish it. We shall see.

Reactions: salient43
Well insults are one way to respond - another would be with facts. Our freshmen have not seen a stage too big for them since day 1 - see Duke, Gonzaga, Ohio State on the road, etc. Sure it will be rocking there tomorrow like crazy but nothing they have seen so far has fazed them - to the contrary them seem to relish it. We shall see.
The have not played on the big stage. They will tomorrow for the first time. Those two early games were warm ups on neutural floors with casual interest.

As I said before the list of players that IU passed on that made us pay is too long. Some go nuts, some shit down their leg.

We shall see how this set does.

Haha how cute. You think I live with my parents.... I haven't lived within 8 hours of my parents for years. I know what the world besides the beach looks like. Southern Indiana is what it is. Average at best.
If diverse surface topography of dissected hills within the Norman Upland are "average at best", what does that make the flat, monocultures of either corn or soybeans on the Tipton Till Plain?

If diverse surface topography of dissected hills within the Norman Upland are "average at best", what does that make the flat, monocultures of either corn or soybeans on the Tipton Till Plain?
Idk. Outside of college I've never lived in Northern Indiana. Have no interest

The have not played on the big stage. They will tomorrow for the first time. Those two early games were warm ups on neutural floors with casual interest.

As I said before the list of players that IU passed on that made us pay is too long. Some go nuts, some shit down their leg.

It's definitely a step up in intensity and I'm curious to see how they do. The only environment they've faced so far that was comparable was at Breslin.

Loyer was great that day with 17 points (on 5-9 from the field and 5-5 from the line). 4 assists and 1 TO but Smith struggled. He only had 4 points on 1-4 shooting and had 6 assists but also 4 TO's. He also fought foul trouble.

They played at msu. Though, they'll need to look out for stuff falling tomorrow. Could distract them.

Whose the list of players from 2020 to 2024 classes that wanted iu, but settled. I'll narrow it down to 5 years of commits and current commits. I'm curious who all wants iu.

They played at msu. Though, they'll need to look out for stuff falling tomorrow. Could distract them.

Whose the list of players from 2020 to 2024 classes that wanted iu, but settled. I'll narrow it down to 5 years of commits and current commits. I'm curious who all wants iu.
You don't understand. He can read minds. It does not matter what they did or what they said. He knows their thoughts. That's how he knows they really wanted to go to IU even if they never said that. To doubt that is to deny reality in his world.

It's a neat skill that apparently no other human possesses. At least none that I am aware of. I always thought that was found only in novels or movies.

Reactions: SaratogaBoiler1
You don't understand. He can read minds. It does not matter what they did or what they said. He knows their thoughts. That's how he knows they really wanted to go to IU even if they never said that. To doubt that is to deny reality in his world.

It's a neat skill that apparently no other human possesses. At least none that I am aware of. I always thought that was found only in novels or movies.
I know. It's just funny. I want to see if he mentions the couple players I know personally.

Reactions: SaratogaBoiler1
Didn’t you say you lived in Michigan? Woof.

Duke and Ohio State blow. Gonzaga has 1 good win at home.

Idk. Outside of college I've never lived in Northern Indiana. Have no interest
I only said what I did because it was the basic location of IU vs PU. Actually Bloomington is west of the sandstone bedrock of the Norman Upland, on limestone bedrock of m lower surface relief within the Mitchell Plain. Still, with its unique karst topography, it is more interesting than Purdue’s grated farm fields. Now, I will say though that the Wabash River Valley can be quite spectacular in the springtime, but that’s all.

Reactions: .Gerdis
I only said what I did because it was the basic location of IU vs PU. Actually Bloomington is west of the sandstone bedrock of the Norman Upland, on limestone bedrock of m lower surface relief within the Mitchell Plain. Still, with its unique karst topography, it is more interesting than Purdue’s grated farm fields. Now, I will say though that the Wabash River Valley can be quite spectacular in the springtime, but that’s all.
The drive across Northern Michigan is like the drive across western Nebraska. Flat and blah. I love the cincy side though. Once you leave indiana and get into Cincinnati. Lol

Duke and Ohio State blow. Gonzaga has 1 good win at home.
To you, it seems that everyone Purdue plays then "blows" after Purdue beats them.

Data is a bit of a different story. As of this writing, Purdue is 9-1 against Quad 1 teams. That is the most Quad 1 wins of any team. Kansas is next at 9-4 but the Purdue W/L is better.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I always understood Quad 1 wins to be viewed as the best kind of wins. So how do you have a schedule of teams that "blow" and still have the most Q1 wins? That would seem hard to do.

FYI, for comparison purposes, IU is 2-6 against Quad 1 teams. That's not a very good record.

Last edited:
To you, it seems that everyone Purdue plays then "blows" after Purdue beats them.

Data is a bit of a different story. As of this writing, Purdue is 9-1 against Quad 1 teams. That is the most Quad 1 wins of any team. Kansas is next at 9-4.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I always understood Quad 1 wins to be viewed as the best kind of wins. So how do you have a schedule of teams that "blow" and still have the most Q1 wins? That would seem hard to do.

FYI, for comparison purposes, IU is 2-6 against Quad 1 teams. That's not a very good record.

The drive across Northern Michigan is like the drive across western Nebraska. Flat and blah. I love the cincy side though. Once you leave indiana and get into Cincinnati. Lol
If you drive far enough north in MI, it gets you into the big natural lake region, which is nice. All but far northern IN has manmade mud holes called reservoirs. They only call them “lakes” after enough expensive homes are built around them. For Monroe Reservoir…excuse me, Lake Monroe, this didn’t take many.

Now, Cincy does have land of special interest. It’s got more ancient rock exposures from the higher energized waterway cutting into the bedrock of the Cincinnati Arch. SE Indiana has Ordovician rock exposures, too, being the only area of the state that does.

If you drive far enough north in MI, it gets you into the big natural lake region, which is nice. All but far northern IN has manmade mud holes called reservoirs. They only call them “lakes” after enough expensive homes are built around them. For Monroe Reservoir…excuse me, Lake Monroe, this didn’t take many.

Now, Cincy does have land of special interest. It’s got more ancient rock exposures from the higher energized waterway cutting into the bedrock of the Cincinnati Arch. SE Indiana has Ordovician rock exposures, too, being the only area of the state that does.
Tell me more about these big natural lakes I live in between. I've send 5, swam in 4. Are there more? Need to go back to Toronto to swim in #5. And there is this old man, I think a basketball coach. They keep trying to build a statue and say go green. Teach me more of wise one. And there are lions and tigers, but no bears?

I find it funny, you make these statements that are contradicted by reality but remain unwilling to check on things before you post the next time. It is very strange; it is also humorous. You get corrected but remain unfazed. and don't adjust behavior. It is very odd.

For what it is worth, I find your knowledge of geology impressive and interesting. Unfortunately, I know very little about it so I enjoy your posts as I learn something.

Reactions: abraxis

Anyone that claims I am wrong is claiming they can read minds, so be careful what you ask for Porky

Oh....and...thanks again for prompting me to visit your hog barn forum. I honestly expected to see a few IU posters trolling over there since it is PUke week and all. Again... I think I saw one that you were sobbing about but nothing like the crowd of you clowns here desperate for attention.

rent free

I find it funny, you make these statements that are contradicted by reality but remain unwilling to check on things before you post the next time. It is very strange; it is also humorous. You get corrected but remain unfazed. and don't adjust behavior. It is very odd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT