ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey

It goes both ways. Funny you only see the missed calls from one side. If the call those fouls on edey for trying to turn with the ball above his head, I'm 100% putting Morton on trayce and looking for the same stuff.
Trace doesn’t have a track record of forarms and elbows. You thinking he starts tomorrow?

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
If they call that foul when it'd supposed to be called, it doesn't escalate. Cisco was reaching through edeys body while edey had full controll of the ball.
Looked at your last 5 just to get a feel. PU's been called for 63 fouls and opponents 80, shot 77 FTs to opponents 48 and Edey's been called for 8 PFs in 5 games, for an average of less than 2 per game. What were you complaining about again? Forward to your whiny HC too!

I'm not bitching. I'm saying I'd you are going to call fouls on edey, call the arm bars, smacks to the face, pulling, pushing, hanging, etc. Players can't do that to TJD. Kaufman has been called for arms bars often. If you don't think edey gets fouled, you aren't watching. Anyways, I'm muting you for obvious reasons.
You can mute people Gilligan, or you can just go back to your own board?

I'm not bitching. I'm saying I'd you are going to call fouls on edey, call the arm bars, smacks to the face, pulling, pushing, hanging, etc. Players can't do that to TJD. Kaufman has been called for arms bars often. If you don't think edey gets fouled, you aren't watching. Anyways, I'm muting you for obvious reasons.
Are you kidding? Edey takes 1.5 more free throws per game than TJD.

There’s not a team in the country IU can’t beat. This is a home game and the fans will be loud and the atmosphere electric. We don’t have to play the miracle, perfect game; we just need to play our game well and we’ll be fine.

Looked at your last 5 just to get a feel. PU's been called for 63 fouls and opponents 80, shot 77 FTs to opponents 48 and Edey's been called for 8 PFs in 5 games, for an average of less than 2 per game. What were you complaining about again? Forward to your whiny HC too!
I'm not complaining about fouls. Never have. Purdue also isn't a team that fouls a lot. This us pretty standard and not a new thing. With edey in the lane, people don't attack the rim as much, creating less foul opportunities. Don't confuse complaining with me saying if they call more fouls on edey, they need to make sure they are calling fouls against defenders guarding edey. Big difference.

• Haha
I'm not complaining about fouls. Never have. Purdue also isn't a team that fouls a lot. This us pretty standard and not a new thing. With edey in the lane, people don't attack the rim as much, creating less foul opportunities. Don't confuse complaining with me saying if they call more fouls on edey, they need to make sure they are calling fouls against defenders guarding edey. Big difference.
Purdue had a 25% defensive FT rate last year and 29.6% the year before. It’s 15% this year. Last time I checked, Edey was on the team last year and the year before.

Laughable to try to defend it.

If needed, do the Hoosiers hack a shaq the big goon Edey? FTs are harder than dunks. I have no problem fouling out 2 guys who smack him across the wrists and arms 10 times!
Tough to keep Edey from getting his. Do guards post up anymore? It's not something you see very often. Whomever their point guard is guarding, I'd post his butt up every time. Tho I doubt it's something guards work on anymore. Denny Crum was a master of using it, Jordan made a 2nd half career off it.

So what was edey, who had control, supposed to do to keep the ball from an msu player that was reaching in?
Pretty sure the correct answer isn't hook and hold his arm then spin him to the floor like a sack of potatoes.

What a liar.

Reactions: kkott
Tough to keep Edey from getting his. Do guards post up anymore? It's not something you see very often. Whomever their point guard is guarding, I'd post his butt up every time. Tho I doubt it's something guards work on anymore. Denny Crum was a master of using it, Jordan made a 2nd half career off it.
Coverdale did it a lot. He was as physical a guard as I’ve seen.

Purdue had a 25% defensive FT rate last year and 29.6% the year before. It’s 15% this year. Last time I checked, Edey was on the team last year and the year before.

Laughable to try to defend it.
When I was being taught math, they told us often that "You can compare apples and apples. You can compare oranges and oranges. But you cannot compare apples and oranges."

This is another case of your spouting off without reflection. While the statistics have changed year to year for Purdue's team, so has the team. Last time I looked, there are 5 players on the floor during a game for each team. This year's five is different than last year's five, though there is a carryover in Edey. But to attribute all of the change in any team variable to one of the five is not valid logically. The acts of the other four affect the result, which your post ignores.

There is nothing to defend because your premise is laughable. That is because the premise of your claim has no logical validity. Of course, as has been demonstrated mathematically in another thread, your posts and opinions are wildly divergent from reality. But what else is new?

If he isn't reaching, there is nothing to hook or hold.
wut? he was going for the rebound which he has every right to. Eedy came in over the top hooked him and body slammed him

Try objectivity Gilligan...try it just once.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
When I was being taught math, they told us often that "You can compare apples and apples. You can compare oranges and oranges. But you cannot compare apples and oranges."

This is another case of your spouting off without reflection. While the statistics have changed year to year for Purdue's team, so has the team. Last time I looked, there are 5 players on the floor during a game for each team. This year's five is different than last year's five, though there is a carryover in Edey. But to attribute all of the change in any team variable to one of the five is not valid logically. The acts of the other four affect the result, which your post ignores.

There is nothing to defend because your premise is laughable. That is because the premise of your claim has no logical validity. Of course, as has been demonstrated mathematically in another thread, your posts and opinions are wildly divergent from reality. But what else is new?
Great to see you back again today.

Are you banned on your own forum? I know you are a laughingstock there...but did they finally ban you for trashing three 20 year old kids you never met to one of the kid's mothers?

Oh, and the racist posts about Edey.

Reactions: B1G_Fan

Wait.......

You "taught"...as in a class???

Jesus

wut? he was going for the rebound which he has every right to. Eedy came in over the top hooked him and body slammed him

Try objectivity Gilligan...try it just once.
Edey had control of the ball well before the slam. Msu player was off balance and had his hand in the cookie jar. The call on the floor was correct, but late. That's as objective as it gets. The late call is the reason it was worse than it should have

Reactions: Bill4411
Wait.......

You "taught"...as in a class???

Jesus
Carefully reading is a good idea. I did not post that I taught math. My post clearly states that "...I was being taught math..." Translation: that means I was a student in the classes, not an instructor. I realize that you have reading comprehension issues, but the sentence is rather straightforward.

Carefully reading is a good idea. I did not post that I taught math. My post clearly states that "...I was being taught math..." Translation: that means I was a student in the classes, not an instructor. I realize that you have reading comprehension issues, but the sentence is rather straightforward.
Whew...the thought of you "teaching" anything to anyone is disturbing to say the least.

Edey had control of the ball well before the slam. Msu player was off balance and had his hand in the cookie jar. The call on the floor was correct, but late. That's as objective as it gets. The late call is the reason it was worse than it should have
Correct, he had control of the ball and the defender's arm. Then he slung him hard to the floor.

Should have been ejected.

Great to see you back again today.

Are you banned on your own forum? I know you are a laughingstock there...but did they finally ban you for trashing three 20 year old kids you never met to one of the kid's mothers?

Oh, and the racist posts about Edey.
You really like to misstate and mischaracterize. There was nothing racist in my post. Note: it got a number of thumbs up. I never said anything bad about Edey, I rather like him as a player. I hope that he gets NPOY. And since you like to cite Ms. Reed as your source of knowledge, I suggest that you review the posts made not by me about her posting history. There are a number of characterizations, a few of which refer to her unusual views, Terms used to describe them referred to mental illness combined with flying mammalian guano. But hey, if she's your measure of judgment, have at it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Vern Pain
You really like to misstate and mischaracterize. There was nothing racist in my post. Note: it got a number of thumbs up. I never said anything bad about Edey, I rather like him as a player. I hope that he gets NPOY. And since you like to cite Ms. Reed as your source of knowledge, I suggest that you review the posts made not by me about her posting history. There are a number of characterizations, a few of which refer to her unusual views, Terms used to describe them referred to mental illness combined with mammalian guano. But hey, if she's your measure of judgment, have at it.
The porky pig response is always telling.

So you are banned on your own forum?

Whew...the thought of you "teaching" anything to anyone is disturbing to say the least.
Your post is again comically wrong. I have taught classes, but not in math. They were in quantitative subjects, however. I taught as a TA which was part of my graduate school fellowship, which is very common for those getting fellowships. Post graduate school, I have taught graduate and undergraduate classes and lectured at 6 different universities, three of them in the Top 50 in the USA in the US News rankings. I was invited to apply for those positions. The opinion at those places is obviously different than yours, but what do they know? I am quite sure that you know better, (tic)

Correct, he had control of the ball and the defender's arm. Then he slung him hard to the floor.

Should have been ejected.
He didn't have the arm until the refs didn't call the foul and he had to get the defender out of the cookie jar. Should have been called a foul initially, then it doesn't escalate.

Go back to learning Portuguese, nerd.

There’s not a team in the country IU can’t beat. This is a home game and the fans will be loud and the atmosphere electric. We don’t have to play the miracle, perfect game; we just need to play our game well and we’ll be fine.
Not perfect..
But it better be our best game of the year...

He didn't have the arm until the refs didn't call the foul and he had to get the defender out of the cookie jar. Should have been called a foul initially, then it doesn't escalate.
So you admit Edey had an malicious non basketball act and should have been ejected. It doesn't matter whether or not a foul was called before or not. If you maliciously try to dislocate your opponents shoulder regardless of situation, it should be an ejection. Edey knew what he was doing.

The numbers I posted certainly suggest what you are asking for, is already happening: opponents are getting called for far more fouls than Edey is. Less than 2 fouls a game for a post player is ridiculous and any objective person would admit that I think.

So we both agree: you have nothing to complain about? ... and yet here you are.... STILL!

PS. you're probably the only person/program who thinks purdue as a team doesn't foul. You guys have generally played good, hard aggressive D, and should get called for a good # of fouls. Whether you have or haven't I have no idea, but I would have expected that based on how you play.

If needed, do the Hoosiers hack a shaq the big goon Edey? FTs are harder than dunks. I have no problem fouling out 2 guys who smack him across the wrists and arms 10 times!
Not one team in the big ten has been able to stop him which is quite amazing. Usually somebody figures out a game plan to stop a player by now. I say just give him his 35 points and concentrate on stopping them from making three pointers.

Reactions: outlawyer
The porky pig response is always telling.

So you are banned on your own forum?
No, I am not banned as well you know.

Just so you know, I actually laugh when I read your posts. They are characterized by gross overstatements or misstatements. And you get things wrong because you do not read correctly, as you have demonstrated in this very thread.

As I kid, I used to be a great fan of the Road Runner cartoons. When I read your posts, I always have this mental image of Wile E. Coyote writing them. He was always trying to get the Road Runner, but he always screwed up in a comic way that ended up with egg on his face and frustrated. That's how I picture you.

Reactions: mathboy
The numbers I posted certainly suggest what you are asking for, is already happening: opponents are getting called for far more fouls than Edey is. Less than 2 fouls a game for a post player is ridiculous and any objective person would admit that I think.

So we both agree: you have nothing to complain about? ... and yet here you are.... STILL!

PS. you're probably the only person/program who thinks purdue as a team doesn't foul. You guys have generally played good, hard aggressive D, and should get called for a good # of fouls. Whether you have or haven't I have no idea, but I would have expected that based on how you play.
Again, I never said Purdue doesn't foul or edey is fouled but it isn't called. They call a ton of fouls, that are fouls, in opposing teams. But there are also a ton of fouls on opposing teams that do not get called. There are also some on edey that don't get called. He also doesn't foul as much as last year in general, which is because of his stamina and ability improvements.

But also, teams don't attack him like other post players. Look at msu at Purdue. Every "drive" by msu was a pull up jumper before they got to Edey. Fouls are created when players attack the defender and the defender breaks verticality.

You keep putting words in my mouth. Idk why... for every foul you find that should be on edey, I can find one against his defender that wasn't called. He draws a ton of fouls because no one knows how to guard him.

Edey should have been called for a Flag 1 (if they didn’t call Flag 1, they were not going to call a Flag 2 so not worth discussing DQ). Move on - defending it is unnecessary; it was a pretty questionable no call but it happened and without repercussion. I hope anyone on any player on any team who does that in the future gets at least a Flag 1. My “Homer” card is in my pocket - I think Bates should have gotten the Flag 1 the other night; many did not. Again I hope anyone doing the same thing (running from behind to intentionally foul on a break) regardless of team gets called for it. It was actually a pretty light foul so DQ would have been too much.

Reactions: CornyBoiler
Edey should have been called for a Flag 1 (if they didn’t call Flag 1, they were not going to call a Flag 2 so not worth discussing DQ). Move on - defending it is unnecessary; it was a pretty questionable no call but it happened and without repercussion. I hope anyone on any player on any team who does that in the future gets at least a Flag 1. My “Homer” card is in my pocket - I think Bates should have gotten the Flag 1 the other night; many did not. Again I hope anyone doing the same thing (running from behind to intentionally foul on a break) regardless of team gets called for it. It was actually a pretty light foul so DQ would have been too much.
Bates did get a Flagrant 1. They got two shots and the ball. It was the play that turned the game.

I think that there is some accuracy in your post but I also think that there is more to it. I have watched within the past two weeks games in which Purdue did not play. One was a BTN game and the other an ESPN game involving SEC teams. In both cases, the commentators, Crispin and Jimmy Dykes, made the observation that in their opinion Edey gets fouled on every play. I was surprised by the comment because they were not broadcasting Purdue games when they said it. They are not Purdue homers, so there must be some aspect of truth to their comments.

I believe that if a ref starts to call fouls by Edey in the post then he would have to call fouls on Edey in the post as well. Based on the observations made, the latter is much more common than the former. So as a ref, do you want to foul out the other team's post defenders in the first half of the game? I suspect not. So the degree of play in the Big Ten in the post is much more physical than in other conferences. This is likely a factor that affects all Big Ten teams when they play in the NCAA with non-Big Ten refs.

Personally, I would prefer a more closely-called game. I believe that if that is done players will adjust to avoid fouling out. But if that is the case, I do believe that it would work to Edey's advantage rather than his detriment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT