ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, Sarah Palin really is an ignoramus

Rockfish1

Hall of Famer
Sep 2, 2001
Notwithstanding claims that the former half-term governor of Alaska is a real go-getter, she is in fact a chump, which distracts her from being a successful grifter, which she's just too stupid to be. Which is to say that Sacha Baron Cohen has apparently made a fool of her. In fairness to Palin, though, lots of people have made a fool of her before, including the known assassin Katie Couric, the comedian Tina Fey, and Palin herself.

governor-of-alaska-sarah-palin-poses-at-a-portrait-session-for-world-picture-id100219984

As Rich Lowry once memorably described the ignoramus Palin's appeal to the Republican intelligentsia:

A very wise TV executive once told me that the key to TV is projecting through the screen. It's one of the keys to the success of, say, a Bill O'Reilly, who comes through the screen and grabs you by the throat. Palin too projects through the screen like crazy. I'm sure I'm not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Hey, I think she just winked at me." And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can't be learned; it's either something you have or you don't, and man, she's got it.
All of which is to say that it's completely inexplicable that Republicans would fall hard for Trump.

jqgpskcrmmcys2qqmxnq.jpg

Her selection as running mate (and her debate performance) was the first time I looked at my usually reflexive vote for the GOP and thought, “wait, what?” and knew Obama would win.

Then the Tea Party stupids emerged, tortured Boehner, and I was d-u-n done. I’m proudest that I wasn’t off the train before the even-more-stupids picked Trump in the primaries.

Reactions: Bill4411
Maybe I'm cynical, but when I first read about this earlier today (and then read Palin's statement) it smelled of all the pageantry and fakeness of the lead-up to a WWE prize fight.

Not to take anything away from just how stupid and vacant Palin is, but my BS meter was telling me that she was in on this from the start and the fact that she publicly gives permission to air this in her statement only strengthens my gut feeling on this.

oh, and in the Daily Mail article about this it mentions that the interview took place last November. Seems odd/convenient that she'd wait until a week before the show airs to publicly complain about it.

Notwithstanding claims that the former half-term governor of Alaska is a real go-getter, she is in fact a chump, which distracts her from being a successful grifter, which she's just too stupid to be. Which is to say that Sacha Baron Cohen has apparently made a fool of her. In fairness to Palin, though, lots of people have made a fool of her before, including the known assassin Katie Couric, the comedian Tina Fey, and Palin herself.

governor-of-alaska-sarah-palin-poses-at-a-portrait-session-for-world-picture-id100219984

As Rich Lowry once memorably described the ignoramus Palin's appeal to the Republican intelligentsia:

A very wise TV executive once told me that the key to TV is projecting through the screen. It's one of the keys to the success of, say, a Bill O'Reilly, who comes through the screen and grabs you by the throat. Palin too projects through the screen like crazy. I'm sure I'm not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Hey, I think she just winked at me." And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can't be learned; it's either something you have or you don't, and man, she's got it.
All of which is to say that it's completely inexplicable that Republicans would fall hard for Trump.

jqgpskcrmmcys2qqmxnq.jpg

She shore is purty

I looked at her PAC a year or so ago. The period - maybe six months - that I looked at showed the PAC spent more money on t-shirts than donations to candidates.

jqgpskcrmmcys2qqmxnq.jpg

She certainly ran the state better than Walker. What does that say about him?

jqgpskcrmmcys2qqmxnq.jpg

Of course the appeal of Obama sent “shivers up the legs” of so called seasoned reporters..... Sarah Palin thread ....wow

Her wink never did anything for me. My first thought about her looks, as if that's relevant, was, "Pitbull? More like a moose with lipstick." Then again, I'm partial to elegant jaw lines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT