ADVERTISEMENT

YEE OF LITTLE FAITH...BOOM!!

Fpeaugh I've never been in love with a man before but... I love you unconditionally til the end of time now.

I'm going to by a silver heart locket with your avatar in it so it's always close to my heart.

I'm going to need your SSN because I've just changed my will over to you.

Tommycracker Loves Fpeaugh 4 Ever!!

Lol

Thanks brother for the inside scoop.

You deserve to be carried around on your victory lap around the entire campus!

What have I been saying for months/weeks/days now? This was decided quite some time ago....obviously well before deciding not to host the NIT game.

I'm usually not one to say this but since I got ridiculed for months on here I just can't resist...I F'ING TOLD YOU SO! Indiana is on its way back! This is just the beginning of some MAJOR moves. Stay tuned.

Go Hoosiers!

Bravo on your soothsaying!!

MAJOR moves huh? I hope BIG names are being discussed.

They are. I've never seen the major players this motivated to land a home run hire. Big dollars are available this time like it hasn't been in the past.

Good deal! They really need to get this one right.....the fan base needs someone to actually believe in again. Feel free to spill what you hear.....very much appreciated.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Fred has wanted to do this for a long time. As I've said many times, Fred made a big mistake with the extension/buyout...no question. But he's been waiting for the time to fix it for awhile now. And obviously he just did.

I haven't heard anything new on replacements. Glass really was waiting on that until he pulled the trigger on Crean. Will update more when I know it.
Fred wasn't anxious to do this. A very certain someone made this happen. And it wasn't Fred Glass.

Reactions: lonnie boyd
What have I been saying for months/weeks/days now? This was decided quite some time ago....obviously well before deciding not to host the NIT game.

I'm usually not one to say this but since I got ridiculed for months on here I just can't resist...I F'ING TOLD YOU SO! Indiana is on its way back! This is just the beginning of some MAJOR moves. Stay tuned.

Go Hoosiers!
They should have gotten rid of Glass while they were at it. That whole NIT stadium controversy was beyond idiotic.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Fred wasn't anxious to do this. A very certain someone made this happen. And it wasn't Fred Glass.
Fred has been waiting to do this. Sure...at the end of the day he didn't exactly have a choice. But believe me, Fred has been wanting to cut ties for at least 2-3 years.

Reactions: george1966
They should have gotten rid of Glass while they were at it. That whole NIT stadium controversy was beyond idiotic.
Better for the program as a whole to lose and have more time for the coaching search. They already sent Crean out on senior night. No need for the embarrassment the NIT home game would've brought.

Fred has been waiting to do this. Sure...at the end of the day he didn't exactly have a choice. But believe me, Fred has been wanting to cut ties for at least 2-3 years.
Fred was reluctant to do this even last evening. Someone else made this happen. If your ear is to the ground, you know who it is.

They are. I've never seen the major players this motivated to land a home run hire. Big dollars are available this time like it hasn't been in the past.

I hope to God that means we don't have to settle for Alford (unless these people actually like Alford......barf).

Reactions: mazz
Better for the program as a whole to lose and have more time for the coaching search. They already sent Crean out on senior night. No need for the embarrassment the NIT home game would've brought.

My biggest problem with the NIT thing wasn't turning down the game, but the whole "devalue" nonsense. Made us look like out of touch elitist snobs.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
Just curious if you have any thoughts on percentages of who your next coach maybe.
Obviously Stevens/Donovan would be home run hires.
Marshall or Bennett would seem to fit, with what it sounds like a lot of IU fans would like to see, sound team basketball and I would think their styles could fit with the home state talent, with or without the five star types.
Alford obviously has historical ties.

Fred was reluctant to do this even last evening. Someone else made this happen. If your ear is to the ground, you know who it is.
This is the last thing I'll say on the subject...if you think Fred Glass was laying in bed last night not sure what he was going to do then you're WAY out of the loop. You don't just wake up the morning of with a decision like this. This was decided weeks ago. Well before they told the NIT they wouldn't host the home game. These types of decisions don't happen in a morning. It takes days or weeks to work these things out and talk to all parties involved.

This is the last thing I'll say on the subject...if you think Fred Glass was laying in bed last night not sure what he was going to do then you're WAY out of the loop. You don't just wake up the morning of with a decision like this. This was decided weeks ago. Well before they told the NIT they wouldn't host the home game. These types of decisions don't happen in a morning. It takes days or weeks to work these things out and talk to all parties involved.
Sorry, you got the right answer but failed to show your work at the board. Someone drove this decision and brought it home after the game in Atlanta. Glass didn't get neutered, but he was much more reluctant than you know.

Just curious if you have any thoughts on percentages of who your next coach maybe.
Obviously Stevens/Donovan would be home run hires.
Marshall or Bennett would seem to fit, with what it sounds like a lot of IU fans would like to see, sound team basketball and I would think their styles could fit with the home state talent, with or without the five star types.
Alford obviously has historical ties.
I hate throwing random percentages out there when I don't know anything for sure. Obviously the top choices are Stevens and Donovan. Those two will be contacted first. Sean Miller is also high on the list. Beyond that, all I'll say is the Alford noise is real. There are important people lobbying hard for him. Alford will be targeted before most of the other names being thrown out there at mid majors.

I do believe there's a 80+% chance of this being a home run hire. There are MAJOR dollars available to get the right guy. This won't be a quick, safe hire type of situation.

Reactions: IUecho87
Sorry, you got the right answer but failed to show your work at the board. Someone drove this decision and brought it home after the game in Atlanta. Glass didn't get neutered, but he was much more reluctant than you know.
Believe what you may. No one changed their mind on Crean after the GT game. No one. And no one person drove this decision...it was a group of people.

I hate throwing random percentages out there when I don't know anything for sure. Obviously the top choices are Stevens and Donovan. Those two will be contacted first. Sean Miller is also high on the list. Beyond that, all I'll say is the Alford noise is real. There are important people lobbying hard for him. Alford will be targeted before most of the other names being thrown out there at mid majors.

I do believe there's a 80+% chance of this being a home run hire. There are MAJOR dollars available to get the right guy. This won't be a quick, safe hire type of situation.
Thank you for your reply, can understand what you mean on random percentages. Your response provided better insight than those percentages next to names would have anyways.

Sounds like it will come down to if a certain couple of coaches are tired of the NBA and want back in the college game or if someone is ready to come back home.

Not picking on you, but, IMHO, your statements are contradictory if you say the money money really want Wonder Boy while also saying this will be a home run hire.

Alford is not a "home run hire."

I also don't think it would take MAJOR dollars to get him.

If that is all true and they are going hard for Alford ahead of other names......that is definitely not a HR hire.

If Fred had his way Crean would still be here. His hand was forced by the boosters and BOT. Trust me.

Not picking on you, but, IMHO, your statements are contradictory if you say the money money really want Wonder Boy while also saying this will be a home run hire.

Alford is not a "home run hire."

I also don't think it would take MAJOR dollars to get him.
I said that there are definitely names above him. I don't think anyone would choose Alford over Donovan etc. But there are some (not all) major players lobbying hard for him. I don't know how it will turn out and I'm not predicting its Alford. All I'm saying is that major money is available this time and that some people want Alford over all of the mid major options constantly mentioned. That's it. Nothing more.

There is a big reason why Glass did not extend Crean last year and the gauntlet he laid down for Crean. Glass showed a steady hand and patience not to extend a COY and B1G champion. I don't get the Fred Glass hate and attacks. The end of Crean was clearly laid out, the best thing for the program is that Hartman and OG got hurt, very sad for them but great for the program. I would have really liked to have seen what OG could have done this year, even with his "slow start", for that matter Hartman too.

Reactions: brianiu
Who was it then?
One of the guys whom Dakich was ripping on yesterday.
There is a big reason why Glass did not extend Crean last year and the gauntlet he laid down for Crean. Glass showed a steady hand and patience not to extend a COY and B1G champion. I don't get the Fred Glass hate and attacks. The end of Crean was clearly laid out, the best thing for the program is that Hartman and OG got hurt, very sad for them but great for the program. I would have really liked to have seen what OG could have done this year, even with his "slow start", for that matter Hartman too.
It wasn't even laid out yesterday, since Glass wasn't sure what to do.

One of the guys whom Dakich was ripping on yesterday.

It wasn't even laid out yesterday, since Glass wasn't sure what to do.
Sure he was not sure what to do, he answers to people on different sides of the issue. Just my guess but if this was only a one man show, he would have done the same thing.

I agree with th first part, Glass has been pretty solid given the events and his statement today. I don't agree with the second part about injuries. Crean couldn't win big if had Kentucky's starting lineup. Injuries had nothing to do with the results. I'm sympathetic for all the players he ran into the ground and forced to transfer. Glass should have considered that a form of player mistreatment.

the influx of B1G TV and booster money, combined with nearly 15 years in the college BB "wilderness" can motivate people to go to lengths they haven't gone before. Here's hoping that's what we're witnessing here. Just no Alford, please; I'd rather go ahead and gamble on someone like Archie in that case.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Yeah, but one person drove that group and drove that decision, and it wasn't Glass.

Dying to know, but wouldn't expect you to give up details that would reveal your source. I'm not in state, so I miss all of the inside knowledge. If you can, give a timeline of the events and key decision points leading to the dismissal. Now that would be extremely interesting. Thanks for sharing what you know.

Go Hoosiers!
Faith? I highly approve!'
faith-breathe-photo

the influx of B1G TV and booster money, combined with nearly 15 years in the college BB "wilderness" can motivate people to go to lengths they haven't gone before. Here's hoping that's what we're witnessing here. Just no Alford, please; I'd rather go ahead and gamble on someone like Archie in that case.
You don't gamble if you're going for a home run hire...

Reactions: russelltodd

Go Hoosiers!
Care to expand?

You don't gamble if you're going for a home run hire...
but if you miss on the home run hire (Alford IMO is not a "home run hire") I'd just as soon gamble on someone like Archie than embark on yet another division of the fanbase like an Alford hire could provoke

Reactions: mazz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT