ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all, I gotta say . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
. . . that I'm a little concerned about y'all's commitment to this week's game against MSU. The issue isn't that y'all don't care . . . it's just that my sense is that we've gotten a little complacent having achieved a 3-0 record so far. We're not much used to that. And so far what I've seen on this board this week are discussions somewhere between how much we don't need our two leading rushers from last year, whether or not the band plays the William Tell Overture, PU, and how we're already 5-0 after beating MSU and pounding Rutgers. Welllll . . . .

It's the eve of gameday eve . . . it's time to get focused.

That is all.

Last edited:
. . . that I'm a little concerned about y'all's commitment to this week's game against MSU. The issue isn't that y'all don't care . . . it's just that my sense is that we've gotten a little complacent having achieved a 3-0 record so far. We're not much used to that. And so far what I've seen on this board this week are discussions somewhere between how much we don't need our two leading rushers from last year, whether or not the band plays the William Tell Overture, PU, and how we're already 5-0 after beating MSU and pounding Rutgers. Welllll . . . .

That is all.
But none of us will be taking the field...

Reactions: Andy06 and Bligedy

That is all.
I think you also missed our discussion of cover 2 defense which MSU has a propensity for playing.

Yeah, I'm glad you're here to disperse that more technical know-how *big thumbs up*
Hey I said I don’t know everything there is to know about football. I started working for s guy I had never worked for before and a lot of years of experience but I was able to learn a bunch from the guy in two years. The guy is an amazing coach and amazing wealth of knowledge.

Reactions: limestonecowboy

That is all.

That is indeed all y’all!!!!

That is all.
You forgot about names on the jerseys

Reactions: Tegray1 and MrBing

That is all.
Luckily, we're not playing.

That is all.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

The Capper told me to take the Hoosiers. So, I care. Money is involved.

j

That is all.

We do this every year. The difference is that by the third game we have lately seen it wasn't our break through year.

At some point we are going to have a 7 or 8 win season. A win on Saturday and we will be at 4 with #5 a good probability. I listened to Cub fans my entire life start out positive and they were eventually rewarded. Our schedule lines up that 5-0 is a possibility for the first time that I have been around to see.

It is fun to imagine the possibilities. We will deal with the disappointments as we have always done. Basketball season starts! I am hoping we have two successful teams playing at the same time and not need basketball to raise our hopes.

Reactions: Sope Creek
j

We do this every year. The difference is that by the third game we have lately seen it wasn't our break through year.

At some point we are going to have a 7 or 8 win season. A win on Saturday and we will be at 4 with #5 a good probability. I listened to Cub fans my entire life start out positive and they were eventually rewarded. Our schedule lines up that 5-0 is a possibility for the first time that I have been around to see.

It is fun to imagine the possibilities. We will deal with the disappointments as we have always done. Basketball season starts! I am hoping we have two successful teams playing at the same time and not need basketball to raise our hopes.
3-0. 4-0. 5-0. let's go!

j

Which brings me to the point of my OP . . . we don't yet know how good we aren't. And we may - might, maybe - have that ride for a couple of more weeks . . . and after that who knows?

We really don't know how to act . . . so I would like to let CTA and his team lead us through this, and for us to get prepared by observing how CTA gets the team prepared and us following that lead rather than us sitting back and waiting for a shoe to drop.

Reactions: ESalum86
Luckily, we're not playing.
Speak for yourself, sunshine. I don't just watch the Hoosiers . . . I AM a Hoosier when the games are being played.

When these games are over I am exhausted . . . need a shower first and an ice bath after that for all the bruises and dings. My wife keeps muttering "If I'd known this . . . ."

. . . and this is only the beginning of the major sports seasons . . . you should hear her mutter during basketball season, after having lived through football first . . . .

j

IU football has had a 5-0 start one time in its history. The 1945 9-0-1 team tied its second game.

Speak for yourself, sunshine. I don't just watch the Hoosiers . . . I AM a Hoosier when the games are being played.

When these games are over I am exhausted . . . need a shower first and an ice bath after that for all the bruises and dings. My wife keeps muttering "If I'd known this . . . ."

. . . and this is only the beginning of the major sports seasons . . . you should hear her mutter during basketball season, after having lived through football first . . . .
Oh really, what's your #? Let me guess, old # 7? Or MGD 64? Or both?

Got Candy Stripes? If not get some. It enhances the game experience. Huge Grin! I wear them around the house and to work on team days. It's awesome. My kids think I'm nuts. I basically am. I have twin teenagers.
Go hoosiers!

Ok everyone hold your horses!! Let’s win Saturday then worry about the next game. Once you get ahead of yourself is when disappointment begins. So Let’s Go Hoosiers beat Michigan State!!!!!
The point I was alluding to was that 5-0 is like a hundred year flood. It should not be viewed as an expectation. It is rarer than an 8-win season, of which there have been seven - the first in 1887 and the last three by Coach Mallory squads.

The point I was alluding to was that 5-0 is like a hundred year flood. It should not be viewed as an expectation. It is rarer than an 8-win season, of which there have been seven - the first in 1887 and the last three by Coach Mallory squads.
I am just kidding enjoy the start and Beat MSU

IU football has had a 5-0 start one time in its history. The 1945 9-0-1 team tied its second game.

The '67 Hoosiers were 8-0 before losing to Minnesota in our Rose Bowl year. How can anyone forget that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT