ADVERTISEMENT

WR Gary Cooper in transfer portal

jsenleo

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2003
Not surprised, he was moved from TE to WR in the fall and it looks like it wasn't working for him...

Plus, he was a high school teammate of Passmore who also is in the portal...

I saw this posted a couple of places... also on TOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Again, appears many of bottom 10 type players who aren’t in top 3 rotation seem to be willing to go versus stay and work/fight & get an education. I do wish them all well, but also hope it frees up good recruits or other transfers in! Never stop building!

Again, appears many of bottom 10 type players who aren’t in top 3 rotation seem to be willing to go versus stay and work/fight & get an education. I do wish them all well, but also hope it frees up good recruits or other transfers in! Never stop building!

Some are but not all of them are. Some of these guys are there because they're just young. You need veteran depth to fill in so its never great to lose and need to replace players who have spent years learning the system. Everyone is dealing with it so it's the world we live in but I wouldn't sell it as anything good, per say.

Does that make 9 now this offseason? Am I missing anyone?

Tramar Reece
Damarjhe Lewis
Britt Beery
Jeramy Passmore
Rashawn Williams
Jordan Jakes
Gary Cooper**
Jaylen Mayala
Turon Ivy

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Some are but not all of them are. Some of these guys are there because they're just young. You need veteran depth to fill in so its never great to lose and need to replace players who have spent years learning the system. Everyone is dealing with it so it's the world we live in but I wouldn't sell it as anything good, per say.

Does that make 9 now this offseason? Am I missing anyone?

Tramar Reece
Damarjhe Lewis
Britt Beery
Jeramy Passmore
Rashawn Williams
Jordan Jakes
Cooper Jones
Jaylen Mayala
Turon Ivy
Cooper Jones???

Has he even arrived on campus yet?

Is that a mistake? He's one Id hate to lose...

Any link?

You must have meant Gary Cooper... (whew...😓)... He has a future as a film star but was buried on both the WR and the TE depth chart...

Cooper Jones???

Has he even arrived on campus yet?

Is that a mistake? He's one Id hate to lose...

Any link?

You must have meant Gary Cooper... (whew...😓)... He has a future as a film star but was buried on both the WR and the TE depth chart...

haha Oops, I corrected. Yes, not the old western actor.

Reactions: 76-1
Not surprised, he was moved from TE to WR in the fall and it looks like it wasn't working for him...

Plus, he was a high school teammate of Passmore who also is in the portal...

I saw this posted a couple of places... also on TOS.

The move to TE was to be expected.....but maybe not by him. Although he wasn't real high on rivals/247, he had a very nice offer list. He will probably end up with pt elsewhere.

I understand they want to play. Probably hard to put in all the time in the weight room down the practice field to never see any snaps in front of fans. I’m sure they will get an education at whatever school they choose even if it is a conference not felt quite as highly of as the Big Ten

I'm not FOR any of them leaving bc I actually think with injuries, natural graduations, etc., that many of these guys would see the field if they stuck it out. It's nature of the beast, but as of now, no one who's transferred out was at the peak of IU career, starter or top/key reserve. It does allow room for others to transfer in, possibly a walk on working butt off to get a scholly and also hopefully plenty of spots for a great recruiting class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT