ADVERTISEMENT

World Series?

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
Man, hard to believe the World Series starts tonight and how little discussion there is. I'm not a big baseball fan, but I do enjoy playoff baseball. I'd have thought covid would create more interest. I suppose I'll cheer for the Dodgers, just because I tend towards NL teams. Devil Rays still don't seem like a major league team to me.

Man, hard to believe the World Series starts tonight and how little discussion there is. I'm not a big baseball fan, but I do enjoy playoff baseball. I'd have thought covid would create more interest. I suppose I'll cheer for the Dodgers, just because I tend towards NL teams. Devil Rays still don't seem like a major league team to me.

To me, watching sports on TV now with the fake crowd noise and fake people in the stands is very disconcerting and annoying. It's especially strange when the noise doesn't conform with what's happening on the field.....like when a visiting team intercepts a pass and there's loud cheering. I don't want to turn the sound down, because I do like the analysis that's going on.....I just wish they'd play it straight and not take all of us for fools.....

To me, watching sports on TV now with the fake crowd noise and fake people in the stands is very disconcerting and annoying. It's especially strange when the noise doesn't conform with what's happening on the field.....like when a visiting team intercepts a pass and there's loud cheering. I don't want to turn the sound down, because I do like the analysis that's going on.....I just wish they'd play it straight and not take all of us for fools.....
The fake crowd noise to me seems more annoying with baseball than football or bball was. Not sure why that is, but I didn't notice it as much with football and bball. Doesn't make any difference to watching golf for me.

I watched maybe 7 innings total of the NLCS. I doubt I'll watch that much of the WS. I watched zero NBA playoffs after the Pacers season was over. Different reasons for each, but same result.

During the early part of the lockdown, I recorded about a dozen old TWIB shows from the 80s and watched every single one of them. I wish I had stumbled across them sooner and recorded everything. When I had NBA TV, I'd watch a late 70s, 80s and 90s classic game every time though.

With that said:
WZSoQEc.jpg

Since I live in Florida, I'm rooting for the Rays. They haven't been the Devil Rays for a while, around 2007 or so.
I wanted the cheating Astros to lose. Glad it was the Rays that beat them.
The Braves choked their chance to reach the WS. Where's Sope?

Since I live in Florida, I'm rooting for the Rays. They haven't been the Devil Rays for a while, around 2007 or so.
I wanted the cheating Astros to lose. Glad it was the Rays that beat them.
The Braves choked their chance to reach the WS. Where's Sope?
Did they lose a 3-1 series lead? Very 80's Cubs-ish!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT