ADVERTISEMENT

Why We're Not Achieving Coronavirus Herd Immunity & How it Impacts a 2nd Wave

people under 45 are fairly safe from getting very ill, and as we go younger than that, the more safe they get.

the important thing is, that we must totally ignore this reality in planning any strategy, as why in the world would we ever want to use blatantly obvious logic when forming any plan to deal with this.

people under 45 are fairly safe from getting very ill, and as we go younger than that, the more safe they get.

the important thing is, that we must totally ignore this reality in planning any strategy, as why in the world would we ever want to use blatantly obvious logic when forming any plan to deal with this.

Two words: Vaccines and therapeutics.

Reactions: glmiu11
Two words: Vaccines and therapeutics.
Better therapeutics currently means better treatment protocols learned on the job. Anti-viral drugs and the like may follow. Vaccines are a long way off it seems to me, the wishful thinking notwithstanding.

I just hope they have a better handle on it when me and/or my wife get it. For either of us this could be fatal.

Sweden isn't even close, and they are the right-wing talking point for not shutting down the economy...
But Sweden did not remain open. They closed their high schools and universities, many people worked from home, they put restrictions on restaurants and bars, etc. They ended up with a lot of deaths, nothing close to herd immunity, and economic destruction. Their GDP will drop more than ours. All in a country with a population about that of Ohio, but far less densely populated - especially once you are outside of Stockholm. What they did did not work, and anyone trying to use them as an example for what we should have done is clueless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT