ADVERTISEMENT

Who did Woodson blame today after the game

I’m sure it’s on the players?
We are an entitled bunch, going back twenty-five years or so. We demand performance out of our coaches and players, but we don't get that performance.

Dolson backed up the Brinks truck before Woody was hired, offering 7 years and $70 million to Brad Stevens, and Stevens said no. Who was Dolson gonna get? Woody was clearly Plan B. He was the reserve.

My guess is that he thought he could live off the Knight years a bit. Why not? He was a "successful" NBA coach. He played for RMK. What could be better? After the crap we've had as coaches, not so fast. The RMK era is behind us.

Except we've had our RMK. That shadow looms large. The expectations are out of this world, and do it with Indiana kids no less. No one of any quality wants the job. They can be an RMK elsewhere, albeit on a lesser scale, not another cog in an already established machine.

My point: Woody may as good as it gets from here on out . . . .

Last edited:
I see it more as his NBA experience coming forth.

NBA coaches of bad to mediocre teams are going to lose a bunch of games. They can't go to pieces over a single loss.

NBA coaches have more in common with baseball managers than with NFL coaches (or college basketball coaches) in that regard. It's all about personnel management, keeping an even keel with the players and with the press, and hoping you have the better players so you win the majority of games. The fundamentals are just assumed to be there.
You’re probably right, but that’s just one more reason to see that he’s not fit to be a college coach. Many think that if your team starts losing multiple games in February you’re in big trouble. The college season is only about 3 1/2 months, not 7, like the NBA.

Woody was clearly Plan B. He was the reserve
That’s not clear to me.

Imho:
We thought we had Stevens. But, he never gave us a second of thought.

B/t him and the hire there may have been other people we tried for.

Imho, we tried for a Matta as HC hire, but that got messed up. Perhaps he asked him to take a physical, he refused, that story came out about the failed physical and that made things worse.

I’m thinking MW was a scramble hire, and we talked Matta into an upstairs role to bring about the package deal w/ Dane.

Reactions: Sope Creek
Hit on 8 legs of a 9 leg parlay. Guess which one missed? Reneau at 10+ points! How in THE HELL did he end with 9? 😡😡😡
By plowing over a screener for his 5th foul while still complaining about his 4th foul only 9 secs. earlier, only to complain some more. That was his worst game in an IU uniform…well, let’s just say worst game at IU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT