ADVERTISEMENT

When I knew

brebelle3

Redshirt
Jan 19, 2012
it was as good as it would get.

I went to the first 2 games in Dayton in 2013 and for the first time during Tommy's tenure, I got a chance to get close to him and really observe the action. I was fortunate enough to get almost on the floor and wanted to take advantage of everything from the moment the team ran out to the moment they headed in after the completion.

I recall watching warmups and seeing something so bizarre at least to me. Jordy was taking the ball at the elbow and driving hard to the baseline, leaving his feet as he faded into I guess the bleachers, and passing the ball under the basket to the opposite corner. He did it again and again and I remember asking my wife, whom had less knowledge of the game than me, "what the f*ck is he doing?" It wasn't just that, but it had to have been the strangest warm up I had ever seen, again not really paying attention in the hall.

I am a firm believer from really watching the dude, that when the ball is tipped, he has no idea what is going on, like the game is a blur, and he is relegated to nothing more than a fanboy. I think he can run a high energy practice, can sometimes inspire them, and has some type of game plan based on his constant gazing of it during the game, but if there is a timeout, I think he panics due to the inability to think quickly and realizes he only has 10 seconds before these young alpha men look to him for answers. It is a blur, it's too fast, maybe it's his hyperactivity, maybe it's his lack of actual experience, idk, but it's lights out, I'm telling you.

During the Temple game witnessing the mind numbing substitutions, like we were running lines in a hockey match (again, something his paperwork told him to do), basically watching Vic and a home court of Hoosier fans will the team to victory, I watched as many of the fans stayed over to swing from Tommy's ill fitting trousers. I screamed at him as he dorkingly bee bopped into the locker room to please for the love of God stop with the subbing.

When returning home to the Indianapolis area I quickly laid a dime ($1000 for those of you not a degenerate ) on the money line for Syracuse. Not only did I know IU had no chance to eek out a win, they would lose straight up. I wanted IU to win, believe me.

Now as bad as that was, my wife had surprised me with 2 tickets to DC, confident that IU would've made the sweet sixteen. I GAVE those 2 tickets to my father and younger brother and have never forgiven myself.

That's when I knew.

Reactions: Rakkasan29

I went to the first 2 games in Dayton in 2013 and for the first time during Tommy's tenure, I got a chance to get close to him and really observe the action. I was fortunate enough to get almost on the floor and wanted to take advantage of everything from the moment the team ran out to the moment they headed in after the completion.

I recall watching warmups and seeing something so bizarre at least to me. Jordy was taking the ball at the elbow and driving hard to the baseline, leaving his feet as he faded into I guess the bleachers, and passing the ball under the basket to the opposite corner. He did it again and again and I remember asking my wife, whom had less knowledge of the game than me, "what the f*ck is he doing?" It wasn't just that, but it had to have been the strangest warm up I had ever seen, again not really paying attention in the hall.

I am a firm believer from really watching the dude, that when the ball is tipped, he has no idea what is going on, like the game is a blur, and he is relegated to nothing more than a fanboy. I think he can run a high energy practice, can sometimes inspire them, and has some type of game plan based on his constant gazing of it during the game, but if there is a timeout, I think he panics due to the inability to think quickly and realizes he only has 10 seconds before these young alpha men look to him for answers. It is a blur, it's too fast, maybe it's his hyperactivity, maybe it's his lack of actual experience, idk, but it's lights out, I'm telling you.

During the Temple game witnessing the mind numbing substitutions, like we were running lines in a hockey match (again, something his paperwork told him to do), basically watching Vic and a home court of Hoosier fans will the team to victory, I watched as many of the fans stayed over to swing from Tommy's ill fitting trousers. I screamed at him as he dorkingly bee bopped into the locker room to please for the love of God stop with the subbing.

When returning home to the Indianapolis area I quickly laid a dime ($1000 for those of you not a degenerate ) on the money line for Syracuse. Not only did I know IU had no chance to eek out a win, they would lose straight up. I wanted IU to win, believe me.

Now as bad as that was, my wife had surprised me with 2 tickets to DC, confident that IU would've made the sweet sixteen. I GAVE those 2 tickets to my father and younger brother and have never forgiven myself.

That's when I knew.
Sounds like you should be our next coach. What insight. The knowledge on this board is amazing. Did you ever watch Kentucky warm up.

Reactions: cheyennemtnman
Sounds like you should be our next coach. What insight. The knowledge on this board is amazing. Did you ever watch Kentucky warm up.
Just curious why do you think Crean is right man for the job?

That's when I knew.

Hockey is played as a game, not a match, but I get your point. It's sad that he's still the head coach after 9 years(?) of wild recruiting practices, bad defense, and mediocrity. I let my subscription to rivals expire a while ago because I couldn't follow the recruiting, and didn't care to read all the posts about why Crean should stay or go. Remember David Williams? The stud from Florida that nobody in Florida had ever heard of? That's when I knew we were in trouble.

Just curious why do you think Crean is right man for the job?
And crickets. That is one way to make him disappear. I am looking forward to his response.

Buddy, you've had

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT